My Thoughts on the Regal Princess January 7-14, 2018

antmaril

Not a formal review, but here are my thoughts on my cruise last week on the Regal.

This was my eighth cruise (second on Princess) and my friend's second cruise (first time on Princess). We both LOVED the Regal. She is a beauty! My friend and I are in our mid-sixties and have been best friends since we were toddlers.

Embarkation was very easy. We checked-in without waiting in any line and then had a seat and waited about a half hour before we could board. We went to our cabin to drop off our carry-ons and headed to the Concerto Dining Room for lunch.

We had a mini-suite on the Baja Deck with an extended angled balcony (B414). I would take that cabin again in a heartbeat. Very spacious and quiet.

We had Anytime Dining and had no problems. A couple of times we were given a pager and we would go sit in the Piazza and have a glass of wine. We never waited more than 20-25 minutes. We were usually trying to dine between 5:30 and 6:30.

We thought the food on the Regal was very good to excellent. I have no complaints. Loved that we could always find a seat in the Buffet area. This has been a problem on other cruises I've been on, but it was not a problem on the Regal.

Entertainment on board was excellent. We both enjoyed the production shows, especially Bravo. Many talented young people.

Disembarkation was easy peasy. We had a flight out of FLL at 2:00, so we chose a late time for disembarking (9:20 a.m.). We had breakfast in the Buffet and that was it. Walked off, found our bags, went through customs and got in a taxi. No lines for anything.

We didn't go on any excursions in the ports. We just walked around and did some shopping.

We had a Bungalow on Princess Cays and we enjoyed our day. When we left home it was ten degrees below zero and two days later we were in our bathing suits sitting in the sun. We were happy!

All in all a great trip. I am going to keep my eyes peeled for a good deal because this could be an annual thing!

Thanks for posting your thoughts. We sail next month on the Regal. Which ports did your cruise go to? Ours is the eastern itinerary (Princess Cays, St. Thomas, St. Maarten.

Our ports were the same as your upcoming cruise -- Princess Cays, St. Thomas and St. Maarten.

We got off the regal last Sunday. We hadn't been on Princess for a few years and it was very disappointing. We almost always like inside cabins but I had never been in such a small room. I suppose the room size itself wouldn't have been so bad if there wasn't a bunk bed on the wall on each side of the bed. Before I learned, I bumped my head a few times in the middle of the night.

The food was good overall but I was very disappointed that they have done away with the hot chocolate machines (not only are they not self serve but now they were 1.50). There are not long juice dispensers - you have to wait for a server. These seemed less plentiful than they used to be.

Maybe ours was a bad week but only a very few servers on the lido deck were friendly and smiley. I wonder if other people have had the same experience.

We have taken this week off and will go on the Crown next week. Hope its better!

We got off the regal last Sunday. We hadn't been on Princess for a few years and it was very disappointing. We almost always like inside cabins but I had never been in such a small room. I suppose the room size itself wouldn't have been so bad if there wasn't a bunk bed on the wall on each side of the bed. Before I learned, I bumped my head a few times in the middle of the night.

The food was good overall but I was very disappointed that they have done away with the hot chocolate machines (not only are they not self serve but now they were 1.50). There are not long juice dispensers - you have to wait for a server. These seemed less plentiful than they used to be.

Maybe ours was a bad week but only a very few servers on the lido deck were friendly and smiley. I wonder if other people have had the same experience.

We have taken this week off and will go on the Crown next week. Hope its better!

Sorry, but it sounds like you booked the wrong type of cabin:evilsmile: and maybe didn't do enough research on the current status of hot chocolate machines since you were

"very disappointed"

When did they have hot chocolate machines? I have been on Regal 10 times and never remember seeing them. But then I don'tdrink hot chocolate. Were they self service?

When did they have hot chocolate machines? I have been on Regal 10 times and never remember seeing them. But then I don'tdrink hot chocolate. Were they self service?

Outrigger. Starboard. Under the stairwell. Combo coffee/HC by the cup machine. Yes self serve

Sent from my iPhone using Forums