Anthem questions

Can someone please tell me about the coffee . My mom is coming and keeps asking about coffee. Any info would be nice

1. Is their coffee makers inside ( inside cabins )

2. Is their room service for coffee if so is their a charge ?

3. Specialty coffee shops on anthem ?

Questions 2 and 3 don't really matter if she'll have a coffee maker inside her cabin.

Last question is.... is their a shuttle in the parking area where we would leave our car for the week. She's worried about walking too far with the luggage. She has bad knees

Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The room service coffee is remarkably bad. Like, you wonder howthey make it so bad? It’s still better than no coffee though. I use the room service coffee to get enough coffee to leave the room to get better coffee. I don’t drink quite enough alcohol to make the beverage package worthwhile, but my coffee consumption definitely adds enough to do so.

Why not drop her off at the terminal first and then park your car. She can wait for you inside the terminal and you can request a wheelchair for her.

MARAPRINCE

That's a good idea thanks

Why not drop her off at the terminal first and then park your car. She can wait for you inside the terminal and you can request a wheelchair for her.

MARAPRINCE

Agreed, this is the best approach. And, while you are at it, you'll be dropping off your luggage to check in as well.

If you need good coffee, then take a french press w/ preground coffee with you. Best to buy it day of embarkation if you can. They will probably not let you bring a grinder(didn't want to risk my grinder). Not sure exactly where the hottest water is on the Anthem (as that was after I started bringing my french press), but not all hot water on the ship is kept at the same temperature. If you're in the MDR for breakfast, you can ask for extra hot water and at the end, just ask the waiter to rinse it out for you. I've asked someone in the windjammer to do wash it out for me once and they did it fine too. I usually bring some dish soap and a sponge to wash it out thoroughly for the next use.

12 oz of ground coffee made about 9 32oz french press full of coffee. Oh, bring a measuring cup with you too.

Can someone please tell me about the coffee . My mom is coming and keeps asking about coffee. Any info would be nice

Questions 2 and 3 don't really matter if she'll have a coffee maker inside her cabin.

Last question is.... is their a shuttle in the parking area where we would leave our car for the week. She's worried about walking too far with the luggage. She has bad knees

Thanks guys

1. No coffee maker in an inside cabin.

2. There is room service coffee at no fee at breakfast, as well as continental breakfast. Other items have a charge.

3. You can get specialty coffee in Café 270, La Patisserie and at the coffee bar in the Windjammer. There is a fee for specialty coffee. You can get brewed coffee, for no charge, in Café 270, Café Promenade and the Windjammer. There are paper to go cups if you wanted to bring some back to the cabin for your mother.

We have found the coffee on Anthem to be decent.

1. No coffee makers

2. Yes, there is complimentary room service for continental breakfast, but if you don't wanna wait, you have a few options. Cafe 270 in the aft of the ship, Cafe Promenade in the center/forward of the ship and then Windjammer. Grab and go coffee stations, so you can add coffee/water if you want stronger/weaker.

3. La Patisserie is the for-fee bakery and coffee shop. They sell starbucks brand coffee, espresso including specialty drinks. It is included in your beverage package, if you bought the refreshment or deluxe packages. I believe they also sell a specialty coffee punch card for around $30.

Just did a cruise on the Anthem in April. The drop-off process is super organized, with multiple people directing you both to drop-off and park. They will ask you if you are dropping off or picking up (at least they did at 11am when we arrived, as there were still people picking up disembarking passengers). I'd highly recommend telling the person at the front of the pick-up line that one of your passengers has mobility issues. I did this for my husband, who is waiting for a hip replacement. We were directed to wait while the attendant waved the cars behind us through, then he directed us to a spot right by the sliding doors when it opened up. My husband and our kids got out with the luggage while I drove around the corner to park the van in the garage. There are elevators and stairwells from the different levels. You won't get a shuttle from the garage; it's just that close.

I would also suggest getting a wheelchair for your Mom. We requested one and was directed to an area where my husband could sit down while we checked in. It's a long walk up with a pretty long escalator ride and multiple ramps to get inside the ship. My husband got "door-to-door" service from check-in to 270 Lounge, where I met him- he was allowed one party member to travel up the elevator with him and through check-in. It would have been a very slow, painful trip for him on foot. Likewise, you can request a wheelchair for disembarkation.