Nightlife for young adults on the Caribbean Princess (Mid-Twenties)

YoungCruiseCaptain5

I recently have won a free cruise through a third party on Princess Cruises. It also gave me a plus one. I decided to take one of my friends with me. We are both single guys, mid twenties. We decided on the 7-day Caribbean cruise in early March on the Princess. I have heard Princess caters to the older crowd so it got me thinking about the age group that will be attending the cruise.

The reason I am on here is because I was curious what the nightlife age group is like. We would definitely define ourselves under the category of partiers but we also can be reserved and know how to take it easy. Basically the question is if anyone knows what the age group will be like at this time either older/younger/mix and if the fact that it will be around the time of spring-break for colleges will have any affect on the cruise. And also if the cruise does have late night activities that do stay open past midnight/1am. and what you can tell me about Skywalkers Nightclub/Club Fusion.

Any info helps,

greatly appreciated

On a recent cruise on the Caribbean Princess, to the Caribbean, I went to Skywalkers several times during the day. It has a fun escalator with lights and mirrors to get up to it. It is also a really nice space. I'm a 30-something fuddy duddy, however, so I can't say what it's like at night!

I did manage to stay up for part of a party in the piazza one night. We saw a band unpacking their instruments and wanted to see what they would play. It was super insanely loud but the vocalist had some serious pipes and the band had some talent. I was ignorant and could not place the genre of music. My in-laws declared it "R&B" but it's not what I think of as R&B...more musical and a little funkier. People were dancing and rocking out throughout the piazza. I saw videos of parties in the pool area.

I recently have won a free cruise through a third party on Princess Cruises. It also gave me a plus one. I decided to take one of my friends with me. We are both single guys, mid twenties. We decided on the 7-day Caribbean cruise in early March on the Princess. I have heard Princess caters to the older crowd so it got me thinking about the age group that will be attending the cruise.

The reason I am on here is because I was curious what the nightlife age group is like. We would definitely define ourselves under the category of partiers but we also can be reserved and know how to take it easy. Basically the question is if anyone knows what the age group will be like at this time either older/younger/mix and if the fact that it will be around the time of spring-break for colleges will have any affect on the cruise. And also if the cruise does have late night activities that do stay open past midnight/1am. and what you can tell me about Skywalkers Nightclub/Club Fusion.

Any info helps,

greatly appreciated

The demographic will be older than mid 20's, but you should still have a good time, especially because of the Caribbean ports. In March you may find some families as some school age youth are not in school. Unlikely, but possible, you will find college students on spring break. They generally don't have enough funds for a 7 day cruise. There is live music and bands every evening in various lounges. There will be a deck party and probably a party or two in the Piazza(atrium). Skywalker's nightclub is open late night with a DJ, but there may not be many people there. In the evening Club Fusion is used for theme parties, live bands, karaoke, evening trivia games, and other events. It is generally closed up by midnight.

Was on the CB last year but in Europe. We loved it. We are in our mid-40’s. I’ve been on RCCL when I was in my 20’s and 30’s. There is a difference in the overall age on each line. There is nightlife on Princess and I think you will likely find more of that crowd on a Caribbean itinerary. The CB has “club” venues if you are looking for that. We are usually in bed by 10:00 when we have to get up early for an excursion.

I found that our Mexico cruise on the Ruby last November was somewhat of a raucous crowd. The cruise director and their staff did a lot of fun game shows, trivia, etc. where everyone gets involved. I’m not gonna lie though, Princess is a different demographic than RCCL and probably Carnival. Those are “fun” ships with water slides, ice rinks, surf rider, etc. They market to families and the 20-30 crowd. That being said, my grandparents and parents were on RCCL cruises with us. I think if you are a fun person you will have fun no matter what. Interested to hear what your take on Princess is after your trip! Oh, you will probably notice the level of service is way better on Princess. I enjoyed not having to stand in a line to serve myself. Just sit at a table and a server will find you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Any info helps,

greatly appreciated

I wish I was your age again and could offer you some advice. I'm rarely up past 9:30 or 10 PM?

Who knows you might encounter a few hot widows traveling alone?

My father used to tell me when I was your age "the older they are the more experience they have"

Enjoy your cruise and report back here :)

Howard

I am in my 20s and took a 10 day cruise this past March during spring break on the Regal. I was probably the youngest person that wasnt traveling with family. There wasn't a spring break crowd, most likely because it was a longer cruise. You will not find much nightlife on Princess. They had Club 6 on Regal, which we joked it was properly name because there was never more than 6 people in there. Most nights I did movies under the stars, went to the production shows, and watched karaoke. I didn't stay up too late because there wasn't anything going on. I found myself on the sports deck playing basketball or table tennis quite a bit. I also purchased a pass to the Enclave and visited the spa quite a bit. I had fun in the ports, but the 3 sea days were a struggle. I have traveled with Princess quite a bit this past year and found all my experiences to be similar. It's more of a relaxation ship than a fun ship. If your planning on drinking and having fun, do it in port, then relax on the ship.

I have found no night life to speak of on any Princess ship; it is just not their demographic. There will be a fair level of activity during the day around the pools etc. things slow down at night. For most passengers the later show in the Princess Theater is a bit of a stretch. The most hardcore will eventually make their way to Fusion where there might be karaoke and ultimately up to Skywalkers. I think Skywalkers wraps up at maybe 1 a.m.. After that some passengers drift down to International Café in the Piazza to see who might be up and about. That bar still serves and of course food is available but there is no entertainment other than the floor cleaners and they are not especially well synchronized. Honestly by 3 a.m. you feel pressured to leave public spaces and go to yours (or another's) cabin. There is NEVER a Vegas, Miami, NYC, Detroit energy level for nightlife but the ships are beautiful and the other passengers always a pleasure. I am sure you will have a good time and arrive back home well rested!