Choice of 3 Honolulu Hotels

debhaz22

Can anyone offer positive / negatives on the following 3 hotels for our stay in January before a POA cruise please? 1. Outrigger Reef on the Beach, 2. Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki, 3. Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach. Thanks!

Can anyone offer positive / negatives on the following 3 hotels for our stay in January before a POA cruise please? 1. Outrigger Reef on the Beach, 2. Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki, 3. Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach. Thanks!

We have stayed at and loved the Outrigger Waikiki..The location is wonderful and it has a great buffet breakfast and of course "Duke's"..The Outriggers are running some great discount promo specials due to some renovations thru the end of June '12 but that wouldn't stop me from booking (actually going to go for a week in June due to this special)....The HHV is also very close to the Outrigger just down the beach but it's a very large cookie cutter type Hilton and not where I would want to stay...JMHO..Enjoy Waikiki :)

For just one night if you want to be in the midst of Waikiki beachfront and across the street from International Marketplace, I would choose Outrigger Waikiki. If you want the huge resort feel and I think they have a fireworks show on Friday nights, I would choose the Hilton Hawaiian Village. If you want something between these two locations with the Shorebird restaurant right on the beach where you can bar-b-que your own dinner, I'd choose the Reef. My own personal choice would be the Outrigger Waikiki 'cause I love the excitement of the area. Have a great time. Aloha!

I have stayed at both of the Outriggers and this is a hard call. I have not stayed at the Hilton, so I have no comment on it except that it is a little "far" for me. I also prefer to be more in the middle of the action.

The Outrigger Reef on the Beach has been recently renovated and it is beautiful. We have been going there for years. We also love the Shorebird restaurant. And this hotel is on the new Beachwalk area that has many new restaurants and shops.

The Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach is just a few short blocks away and is also wonderful. Duke's is fun for drinks and food.

You cannot go wrong with any of these three!

3) is the place followed by 2) and hilton is last IMHO.

The Hilton has the most facilities and the best, most secluded beach area, but is not centrally located in the heart of the Waikiki action. If you want to be centrally located then choose one of the Outriggers, but if you want a larger resort feel with more facilities then choose the Hilton.

I echo all the comments re the Outrigger Waikiki on the beach.

Central location, lots of great dining options (Duke's, Hula Grill), reasonably priced, easy to access and get around, large comfy rooms(get one with an eastern view/late day sun can bake the room), ground floor self service laundry if you want one, terrific beach location, pool, deck area..... our family would go back in an instant

Not sure but I think this is the hotel that has a group called Society of Seven ( SOS) perform. At least they did for over 20 years. They are fantastic beyond belief. I think the 2nd or 3rd generation of the family is now doing it.

Not sure but I think this is the hotel that has a group called Society of Seven ( SOS) perform. At least they did for over 20 years. They are fantastic beyond belief. I think the 2nd or 3rd generation of the family is now doing it.

Youare correct! We did not attend so I cannot offer any comments on the performances

Archived