Canceled Cruise Question

travlnblueberries

It depends on the circumstances. Cruises are cancelled months before sailing if the cruise line charters the voyage after taking early bookings. A mechanical or structural problem that can't be repaired while at sea could cause a cancellation days or possibly weeks ahead of sailing. Problems like the current weather situations can cause cancellation days ahead. I've never heard of a cruise cancelled with only 'hours' of notice before sailing, though I do know of boarding delays of up to 24 hours. Itineraries can be changed at any time, including only 'hours' notice.

If they cancel, it's a GOOD thing...they don't cancel "willy nilly"..so it's to protect not only their ship, but you. Go with the flow...they will make you an offer of restitution if they cancel.

SeaDreams cancelled us out do to a charter---they paid all non-refundable cost to us and gave us OBC and any cruise on SeaDreams for 50% off discounted prices.

There's a flight involved and if they are going to cancel the cruise I hope it's before we fly out. I'd rather cancel everything then take a flight and turn around and fly back home.

Maybe you can get another cruise for the same time frame & still use your air

unless this is because of the hurricanes then maybe the airline will refund your tickets or at least give you a credit for future use

Maybe you can get another cruise for the same time frame & still use your air

unless this is because of the hurricanes then maybe the airline will refund your tickets or at least give you a credit for future use[/quote

I'm hoping this will be done.

Royal Caribbean cancelled me due to a charter. We got about ten months notice. And offered three substitute cruises and $200 OBC. But I lost the $100 I already had. I didn't think they were all that fair frankly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There's a flight involved and if they are going to cancel the cruise I hope it's before we fly out. I'd rather cancel everything then take a flight and turn around and fly back home.

If you have already flown out, you could stay at the departure port. Most departure ports are nice. BTW, flights can also be cancelled last minute. That's one reason most of us recommend flying out at least one day before the cruise.

We always fly out early also. We usually cruise every three months and have had some really goofy things happen to us but never came across a time when a cruise line canceled. I was just wondering what was the least amount of time they'd give you notice. DH wouldn't like it too much but I think we'd go north instead. My DHs idea of vacation is warm weather and beaches.

It would all depend on why the cruise was cancelled

Ship Chartered they should give you several months notice

Fire onboard rendering the ship inoperable... probably short notice

Ship running aground ..probably short notice for the next cruise

hurricane where the ships cannot make it back to the homeport or a safe port ..short notice ...as some are doing now

Do you have a specific example of the cruise being cancelled ??