Post Cruise Pan Pacific Vancouver w/ Luggage

knittinggirl

We're spending a post cruise Pan Pacific. How do we get our luggage to the Pan Pacific (next door)?

Does the Pan Pacific Vancouver help when it's a post cruise like they do w/ pre-cruise?

It's not nextdoor - it's literally upstairs in the same building! You can take an elevator from cruise level up to reception. They won't come and get your bags from the ship for you, but you can hand them right over to the bell staff as soon as you're off the ship even if your room isn't ready (and they should hold the bags free until your room is ready, whereas non-guests pay $5 a bag for day storage).

I stayed there post cruise a couple of years ago. I had to take it to the hotel myself. There was like a bell desk downstairs past all the buses who offered to check it as it was too early for check in but on advice from this forum I said no thanks and took my chances heading to check in to see if the room was ready, which it was, as advised the hotel I was arriving off a cruise ship.

I'm sure they'd hold the luggage for you though if your room isn't ready.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

I'm more worried about getting the bags down that long hallway.

We were in the Pan Pacific this spring, and it's a little different.

We have two checked bags, two carry-ons and two accessories.

Cut down on your amount of luggage?? Get a bag size that is ideal for what you pack? (referring only to width vs depth- not a bigger bag)

Is your list for 2 people? You aren't able to manage this?

You can grab a porter at the luggage pickup and have him take your luggage to the hotel elevator area for you.

On our last post-cruise stay at the Pan Pacific, there were bell captains with trolleys waiting at the hotel entrance just outside of the cruise terminal doors. We gave them our names and we were able to go directly to our room (bout 10:00 AM) after checking in at the Front Desk. Our luggage arrive five minutes after we were in our room.

It was fun standing on the pier and hollering at the passengers boarding the ship we just left. Here some photos of Canada Place to help you get oriented:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/place/canada/vancouver-bc/canada-place-vancouver-bc/nggallery/page/2

There is an underground mall across the street under the Fairmont Hotel with lots of fast food restaurant, snacks, and sundries:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/place/canada/vancouver-bc/waterfront-mall/

Edited by Crew News

You can grab a porter at the luggage pickup and have him take your luggage to the hotel elevator area for you. . . .

On our last post-cruise stay at the Pan Pacific, there were bell captains with trolleys waiting at the hotel entrance . . . There is an underground mall across the street under the Fairmont Hotel with lots of fast food restaurant, snacks, and sundries:

Good to know! Thank you!

We've stayed several times and didn't have a clue about the mall.

We'll definitely tip the porter!

We've boarding the Nieuw Amsterdam in San Diego, going up to Vancouver, then taking the Emerald Princess back to Seattle. Domestic airlines all the way!

Good to know! Thank you!

We've boarding the Nieuw Amsterdam in San Diego, going up to Vancouver, then taking the Emerald Princess back to Seattle. Domestic airlines all the way!

Surprisingly, the mall has almost everything to include an H&R Block in case you forgot to pay your US taxes. As a former resident of Athens, Greece, I enjoy the mall Greek take-out offerings. The mall is open around 6:00 AM and many of the restaurants offer large breakfasts if you want to avoid the $$$$ Pan Pacific fare.

In my cruising experience, San Diego is the most restrictive checked-luggage Port Security screening when it comes to extension cords and adapters. Interestingly, Vancouver is the most restrictive in carry-on Port Security screening for extension cords and adapters. Distribute your cords and adapters between checked and carry-on luggage just to be sure you have what you need in your stateroom.

Good to know! Thank you!

Glad you got some folks who have stayed recently to help out. If it's just the volume of luggage, rather than a physical issue, that prevents you rolling your own there are free luggage carts at the pier too - since PP has bell staff downstairs you should be able to wheel your cart right to them.

I am not a fast food person - there is a really good/reasonably priced restaurant at the pier called Mahoney and Sons. Food and views excellent.

http://mahonyandsons.com/menu#burrard

There are indeed several restaurants around the pier but I do not remember the names. The restaurant near the bottom of the small hill serves amazing pizza at a great price.