Diamond Princess Question

Travelling_Bob

My wife and I are booked on a 12 day, February, 2018, cruise beginning in Auckland, New Zealand an ending

in Sydney, Australia.

We will be on the Diamond Princess

We understand that the Diamond Princess was built for the Asian Market and because of that, we wonder

about the electricity on-board and in both Auckland, New Zealand and Sydney, Australia.

Do we have 110 power for our chargers on the ship and in the two countries or do we need to bring our own chargers?

Thank you in advance for any information you can share.

Good advice given already.

You will need adapters in Australia and New Zealand. I've never had a problem getting them at a hotel, but suggest you bring your own just to be sure you will have one.

Ship has 110 volt outlets.

My wife and I are booked on a 12 day, February, 2018, cruise beginning in Auckland, New Zealand an ending

in Sydney, Australia.

We will be on the Diamond Princess

We understand that the Diamond Princess was built for the Asian Market and because of that, we wonder

about the electricity on-board and in both Auckland, New Zealand and Sydney, Australia.

Do we have 110 power for our chargers on the ship and in the two countries or do we need to bring our own chargers?

Thank you in advance for any information you can share.

It has a multi plug PowerPoint.

You will be OK on the ship but Australia and New Zealand operate on 240 volts so ensure that any appliances (eg hair appliances) are dual voltage otherwise you risk damaging the appliance. Check your chargers to see if they handle 240 volts - most chargers these days handle 100-240 volts. You will also need an adaptor plug for Australia/New Zealand sockets.