Day Pass in Puerto Vallarta

pjinaz

Has anyone bought a day pass lately in Puerto Vallarta. I see info on here about the Crown Paradise, but not the other hotels in a very long time. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Also would love to hear about the Crown Paradise. Want to make sure its not the resort the cruise lines use.

Thanks

I can tell you about Dreams Resort, It is a little further away, but the beach is just beautiful, and it is a little higher in price. $75 pp But I will be going back. It is the best beach to swim in, clean, not crowded at all. Food is fabulous, drinks included too. Pools, swim up bar, of course. Lounges with shade. I highly recommend Dreams for a beautiful relaxing day in Puerto Vallarta. http://www.dreamsresorts.com/?gclid=CIGk2Lndsa0CFWHatgodMUEkQg

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back and did Crown Paradise. We thought it was kind of cheap. We paid $35 for each adult and $20 for each child. The food was bad, the inclusive stuff had a 40 minute time limit (boogie board, snorkle/mask). The kids loved the kids pool though....the only problem is there is nowhere for adults to sit.

Me and my wife did Casa Velas (Also in the pricey side), and we are looking forward to come back!.

It is 90 USD but it is worth every penny, it was a little difficult to find, we found it in the site where we book our tours for Cozumel.

Because it is Adults Only, I believe that the Hotel is not marketing the place a lot. They want to keep it exclusive.

If you want to find it, google Beach Tours Mexico and you will find it.

Hope it helps

OMG Casa Velas does a day pass??? I have never stayed here but a friend of mine vacations here 3-4 times a year (yea I know lucky) and since we are going to be down staying at a condo for 2 weeks in May.....well A day at Casa Velas sounds lovely :)

Thanks for bringing up the Krystal. I have been considering it, went there a long time ago and thought it was great. Just wasn't sure how it was now that they took part of the pool away and added another hotel. Anyone been there since it opened????

thanks for all the help

OMG Casa Velas does a day pass??? I have never stayed here but a friend of mine vacations here 3-4 times a year (yea I know lucky) and since we are going to be down staying at a condo for 2 weeks in May.....well A day at Casa Velas sounds lovely :)

Jodi, how was your trip to San Francisco? Hope you had a great time!:)

Two weeks in PV coming up. I'm jealous!

Has anyone been to the Playa Los Arcos on a day pass? Their all inclusive day pass is $42pp. Great price for an AI. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

We love PLA and have stayed there many times before we discovered the joys of renting a condo. PLA also offers a non AI day pass for 150 pesos pp 110 goes towards food and drink. Happy hour pool and beach side starts at noon and ends at three.

I think we paid about 500 pesos for the both of us and we ate and drank to our heart's content :)I am not sure the conversion but I think 500 pesos is around $45USD?

Their margaritas are so good and they gave me the recipe.

Jodi, how was your trip to San Francisco? Hope you had a great time!:)

Two weeks in PV coming up. I'm jealous!

I discovered Coach Stores :) :) :) So much fun dining, wineing and shopping. Sightseeing too :)

We usually stay at Plaza Mar in the Southside but I discovered a oceanfront 2 bdrm at Vista del Sol (condos were Sea Monkey is located) for $75 a night! Cheaper then Plaza Mar and an extra bedrm to store stuff!

We have had friends stay at the same condo before and it is lovely!

You need to come down for a land based vacation! :)

We love PLA and have stayed there many times before we discovered the joys of renting a condo. PLA also offers a non AI day pass for 150 pesos pp 110 goes towards food and drink. Happy hour pool and beach side starts at noon and ends at three.

I think we paid about 500 pesos for the both of us and we ate and drank to our heart's content :)I am not sure the conversion but I think 500 pesos is around $45USD?

Their margaritas are so good and they gave me the recipe.

Thanks quincytoo!! I didn't know PLA had happy hour, with that info we will probably do the non AI day pass. Thanks again!!:)

We did playa los arcos last March. 2 adults 2 kids. It was only $16 each and that went to our food and drink. You get beach lounge chairs, umbella, towels, use of pool. We had a great time. There is a waterfall into the pool. Huge iguanas:) I love iguanas and PV has lots of them. It is south of the Malecon across the bridge(Rio Cuale). We took the bus and got off towards the end of the malecon and then walked. Bus was 13 pesos one way for 2 people:)

We did playa los arcos last March. 2 adults 2 kids. It was only $16 each and that went to our food and drink. You get beach lounge chairs, umbella, towels, use of pool. We had a great time. There is a waterfall into the pool. Huge iguanas:) I love iguanas and PV has lots of them. It is south of the Malecon across the bridge(Rio Cuale). We took the bus and got off towards the end of the malecon and then walked. Bus was 13 pesos one way for 2 people:)

Thank you so much for the tip, we have purchased the $15 passes and really

appreciate the recommendation re PLA!

Playa Los Arcos has indeed a nice location in old town on Playa los Muertes.

Swimming in the ocean can be different by the day. Sometimes there are rather high and strong waves.

The pool is o.k., but not that large. Chairs are only 2 rows on one side of the pool and realise those are also used by hotelguests.

I hope this photos give you an impression, it was made late in the afternoon.

2075440062_MexicoPuertoVallarta2012(358).jpg.682a596b72e9c32a206e8f7697f13c73.jpg

How does one go about getting a day pass at one of the resorts? Safe to take a taxi to/from resort?

Absolutely, no problem. Discuss the fare before entering the taxi.

I love all the feedback I have gotten from everyone, but I am still not sure where to go. I like the idea of being in a good location where we could walk around a bit shop and stroll the malecon, but I also don't want a crowded pool area where we can't get a chair.

We have gone to the Melia in the past and like it a lot, but it wasn't where we could walk around other areas than the resort.

Went to Dreams (the older one with the great beach) and while I loved it and thought it was very quaint, the pool was way too small for the size of the resort and we could never find a chair in the pool area.

Playa Los Arcos looks sounds like a great location but the pool and surrounding area look very small like they could get very crowded.

Used to like the Krystal, but sounds like it has gone downhill and I'm not sure of the pool area since they redid it.

I know I am asking for a lot, and I don't expect perfection, I just want to enjoy my day as much as possible.

Any ideas or insights would be awesome, thanks in advance!

Playa los Arcos has -apart from the pool - a private beach section. Next to PLA you will also find various restaurants right on the beach. They donot have a pool, but also good afordable food and drinks and some comfortable beachchairs. Restaurants like Langoustines, Cuates y Cuetes, or more expensive La Palapa.

In the beachsection between the Malecon and old town there is bar Sea Monkey, favorite for its one dollar margaritas etc. Next to Vista del Sol condos.That section in old town is interesting for walking around.

Between the hotelzone and the Malecon, next to Hotel Buenaventura you will find El Baracuda restaurant on the beach with excellent food. Next door they recently opened a beachclub. Just a few busstops far from the Malecon which a nice place to stroll around and watch the statues.

Check the maps northdowntown, downtown and southside made by JR on this link.

http://vallartainfo.com/n_downtown.html

It all is a simple busride (Blue-white centro bus) or cabride away.

I try to get down to PV about 2 or 3 times a year.....MR.QT loves cruising and that sometimes will nip my 2 or 3 times a year PV plans.;)

We have cruised the Mex Riv 2 or 3 times as well, I have been to both Dreams a few times as well. Dreams PV is a lovely lovely way to spend a day BUT if I were coming in off of a cruise ship would I spend $80pp (or whatever it is high or low season)? I would not because southside PV has too much to offer.

PLA is very close to the malecon (easy 5-8 min walk), and the location is soo good for shopping, exploring local restaurants, going to Angie's for a massage......plus it will end up being much cheaper then doing a 4-5 star AI day fee.

PLA is NOT the 5 star resort Dreams is BUT it is very clean, (pool restrooms are lovely) the pools are small but even in busy season they never seen truly crowded.

For us wanting to do it all, beach, pool, shopping, eating, drinking...as lovely as Dreams is if we only had 5-8 hrs we would be heading to PLA, spending the day there and making it our central location that people can branch out from and relocate at.

Southside is very safe and many a day I have left Mr.Qt at the PLA pool while I go off for a massage or shopping, eating, exploring.

Archived