Day Pass in Puerto Vallarta

pjinaz

Ine and quincytwo, tyvm for your wonderful insight. Can you tell me about the beach at PLA? Nice sand, rocky, do you see people in the ocean there?

Sandy, sometimes with a few rocks in the water depending the tow.

Yes people are swimming there in the ocean.

Used to like the Krystal, but sounds like it has gone downhill and I'm not sure of the pool area since they redid it.

Any ideas or insights would be awesome, thanks in advance!

Just returned from a 2 week stay at the Krystal. At first I was horrified at the changes at my beloved "home away from home", as I hadn't been for 2 years, and the areas of some of our fondest memories are gone. By the end of the first week, I had to admit that some of the changes are definitely for the better, and as the newly redone areas mature, it will get better.

Do not count on walking in from the cruise ship for free. The back gates are kept locked now. We don't wear our bracelets, and were stopped one day returning from Soriano's with our backpacks and asked if we were cruisers...I never asked, but I had the impression that if we were, we would have been directed to the front desk to purchase a pass. Very few people weren't wearing the bracelets of one color or another, and I saw no cruise ship towels, unlike in the past (but that may have been because we were out and about so much).

The lounge chairs at the new pool area were always filled last week, especially thanks to a large group that came out before towels were even available to save chairs. The new area around the old pool area was not filled, but there is little shade there. There was usually room under palapas on the beach. It seemed (the 1 day we spent on the beach) that there were many more vendors. We've been going to PV for 20 years, I'm okay with vendors, I know they have to make a living, I enjoy talking to them, etc., etc., but this time there were so many that I wanted to make a "fence" with other lounge chairs so they couldn't walk so close to me...even pretending to be asleep didn't deter them this year. But that may have been because we were in the lull between the holidays and the next wave of winter vacationers.

The ocean last week varied from as calm as can be to too rough to swim...just depended on the day.

If you haven't been to PV in a while, check out the new and improved malecon--it's awesome. And if you're on a ship that doesn't leave until late, hang around until sunset and have snacks on the malecon...crepes, pies, corn, and tamales were all available each evening...mmm-mmmm.

The massages at the Krystal.......still awesome!

Hmmm, I'm glad to be home, but I do miss PV already!

Do any of the resorts have jet skis to rent or beach volleyball? Which would be best with teens?

Grrrr, hit the wrong button when trying to submit reply and lost my post, so here it is in shorter version...

Jet skis can be rented off the beach in front of the hotels just south of the cruise ship pier.

Although beach volleyball is a common activity at the resorts, I wouldn't count on it fitting with your schedule or it being easy for your kids to join in. It all depends on the particular resort, their policies, and whether or not there are guests that have formed semi-stable teams for the week.

In short, beach volleyball depends on others, jet ski fun is entirely up to your family (but more expensive).

• 5 weeks later...
the day pass at dreams- is it $75 for kids too? and how do you get? thanks!

I emailed and was told kids are half price, didn't provide age restrictions though. I'm not sure what age a "kid" means. I would email them, print your email and just show up.

Thank you for the info mytime53. We are still trying to figure out plans for PV so any recommendations for the six of us are very appreciated. We have done this cruise a few times but kids were much younger and we are taking along others who have never cruised before. The girls want massages the boys want to zip line.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We went to dreams last month it was $60.00 per person for 6 hours.

Ate, drank and swam....Had the most relaxing day.

Loved the food and the drinks were great.

Were thinking about going back and staying for a weeK11

Highly recomend Dreams. $12.00 cab ride.:o:o

Highly recommend going to Playa Los Arcos! We had a great time there 2 weeks ago and rode the city bus there for .60 pp! It was $15.00 pp which included the pool, bathrooms, beach, chairs, towels and all $15.00 went toward food and drink from their beachside restaurant!

Thinking about taking a taxi to Hotel Rosita, walking down the Malecon, and stopping at Playa Los Arcos. Hanging out for a bit (we'll get the day passes) and then take a taxi back to the ship. Does that sound like a reasonable thing to do?

Thinking about taking a taxi to Hotel Rosita, walking down the Malecon, and stopping at Playa Los Arcos. Hanging out for a bit (we'll get the day passes) and then take a taxi back to the ship. Does that sound like a reasonable thing to do?

I have heard that there are only so many day passes that are available. Not sure when you are going but you might want to ask the hotel if you can reserve your day passes so if you get there a little later then you know you have them.

Archived