Travel tote that can hook on your luggage handle

6 pounds, 9 ounces according to the product description.

That's about the weight of my 25" case! LrgPizza, glad it worked for you

Edited by awhfy

I've had the Vera Bradley Grand Traveler Bag for several years now and I love it. It slides over the suitcase handle, holds all our books/snacks/devices, slides under the seat in front of us easily, AND collapses down nicely.

I even have a cotton light colored pattern and it's held up beautifully through many airports, taxis, shuttles, etc. :)

http://i02.hsncdn.com/is/image/HomeShoppingNetwork/prodfull/baggalini-have-it-all-woven-tote-d-20150701103355337~438179_060.jpg

I was looking for the same type of bag, one that I could call my purse when traveling by air. I found this on clearance at HSN and ordered it yesterday. The same bag was $108 on Amazon.

The description didn't carry over -- it's a Baggalini.. It was $49 at HSN.

Edited by cassie cruiser

wow that looks like a great bag! I wonder if it would be too big (is there such a thing for a tote :-) What is HSN return policy?

I was looking at http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001OIQ0B0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_sfl_title_7&smid=A1MPSLFC7L5AFK but think the Baggallini might be a better option.

I was thinking of one of the rolled totes but two bags with two set of wheels might be much. In addition it might be hard to fold up for compact storage especially if you have a tiny cruise ship cabin.

http://i02.hsncdn.com/is/image/HomeShoppingNetwork/prodfull/baggalini-have-it-all-woven-tote-d-20150701103355337~438179_060.jpg

I was looking for the same type of bag, one that I could call my purse when traveling by air. I found this on clearance at HSN and ordered it yesterday. The same bag was $108 on Amazon.

The description didn't carry over -- it's a Baggalini.. It was $49 at HSN.

I have started to not spend alot on luggage anymore and want luggage I can recognize and can get roughed up a bit and is roomy, so try Samantha Brown. Has a vRey roomy Doctor type bag with pocket to go over luggage and a nice under seater too. Luggage has held up well so far. I don't want to deal with repairs on my expensive luggage even though have insurance, warranty. For some reason my luggage always seems to get picked on. Sandipalms

That's about the weight of my 25" case! LrgPizza, glad it worked for you

It did. Since it doesn't hold nearly as much as a 25", it certainly will never get that heavy. :) Besides, that's where the wheels come into play, as opposed to slinging a bag over your shoulder. Just things to keep in mind if you are going to be walking with it from plane to luggage retrieval, etc. Good luck!

Edited by LrgPizza

I was thinking of one of the rolled totes but two bags with two set of wheels might be much. In addition it might be hard to fold up for compact storage especially if you have a tiny cruise ship cabin.

That's the good thing about the rolling one I linked -- since it slides over the handles of the other, you only have to wheel the big one. The wheels are just good for pulling it along when it's the only one in tow, like from the plane to the baggage claim, etc. I don't think I've ever pulled it alongside another bag, I just hook it over the handle.

The All-in Tote by Thirty One has a zippered compartment that can slip over luggage handles or be a closed pocket, as needed. It's a good overnight size.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010IW5NYM/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687582&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00ZV4O5PQ&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1AT20G7TGCEFTM9RSJTR

We use a LeSportSac tote. Put the closest handle over the luggage handle. The second handle goes over and around the luggage handle, locked in place.

I'm having a hard time picturing what you describe -- can you be more specific about how you wrap the second handle?

I've tried doing something like this, but the bag tends to move around and eventually can fall off the suitcase on one side or the other, which means I have to stop and detangle the handles and start over again....

If there's a secret to doing this the right way, I'd love to know what it is...:o

That's the good thing about the rolling one I linked -- since it slides over the handles of the other, you only have to wheel the big one. The wheels are just good for pulling it along when it's the only one in tow, like from the plane to the baggage claim, etc. I don't think I've ever pulled it alongside another bag, I just hook it over the handle.

We have this one, or one very similar and it's great. Holds an amazing amount of things and you don't have to lift it to fit in an overhead bin.

I have a messenger bag that I use too. I slip it over the handle of a piece of luggage but then have to wrap a luggage strap around both handles to keep it on when walking a long distance.

I'm having a hard time picturing what you describe -- can you be more specific about how you wrap the second handle?

I've tried doing something like this, but the bag tends to move around and eventually can fall off the suitcase on one side or the other, which means I have to stop and detangle the handles and start over again....

If there's a secret to doing this the right way, I'd love to know what it is...:o

Ok. Let me try this again. Going to be specific

-pull up luggage handle, (you're facing the front of the suitcase)

-Put tote on bag

-drape closest tote handle over luggage handle

-drape second tote handle over luggage handle

-pull second tote handle thru luggage handle (so it's pointing to you)

-wrap the tote handle over the luggage handle

Basically you've wrapped the second handle around the luggage handle. To separate the two bags I've found it easier to lower the luggage handle.

Hopefully this has helped :)

As far as falling off the tote needs to be balanced, the heavier items in the middle, lighter towards the 'East and West'. This works on most two-post luggage handles except the whole width IT handles.

Hello SadieN, HSN shopping network carries Samantha Brown luggage. She has a doctor style tote that has a slip through pocket on the back that fits over luggage handle like a glove and is stable on the luggage and holds a lot. There is still lots of luggage handle left with tote on to hang another bag(s) on.

Samantha Brown also has a small travel purse in several colors and textures that is RFID protected and has a phone pocket, comes with 2 remove able straps, one fits over shoulder or wristlet, the other is adjustable over shoulder or cross body.

Hope this was of help. Sandipalms

Ok. Let me try this again. Going to be specific

-pull up luggage handle, (you're facing the front of the suitcase)

-Put tote on bag

-drape closest tote handle over luggage handle

-drape second tote handle over luggage handle

-pull second tote handle thru luggage handle (so it's pointing to you)

-wrap the tote handle over the luggage handle

Basically you've wrapped the second handle around the luggage handle. To separate the two bags I've found it easier to lower the luggage handle.

Hopefully this has helped :)

As far as falling off the tote needs to be balanced, the heavier items in the middle, lighter towards the 'East and West'. This works on most two-post luggage handles except the whole width IT handles.

Thanks -- I get it now. :D

HSN shopping network carries Samantha Brown luggage. She has a doctor style tote that has a slip through pocket on the back that fits over luggage handle like a glove and is stable on the luggage and holds a lot. There is still lots of luggage handle left with tote on to hang another bag(s) on.

The Samantha Brown luggage looks very heavy though....

Hello SadieN, HSN shopping network carries Samantha Brown luggage. She has a doctor style tote that has a slip through pocket on the back that fits over luggage handle....................

My biggest issue with a slip through pocket (the one's I've seen) is that I'd forget there's no bottom and lose whatever I've put there.

• 4 weeks later...
Great deal for a Baggalini "Have it All" Woven Tote , $24.97 before tax and free shipping. Go go go this will not last long.

https://www.hsn.com/products/baggalini-have-it-all-woven-tote/7835253

Thank you so much for the heads up. I've been looking for something to carry as a personal item, and this seems to be a great choice.

I also saw the below set, and I'm very tempted to order as I want to get a spinner. Anyone know anything about this brand?

http://www.hsn.com/products/samantha-brown-hardside-collection-3-piece-set/7443850

Edited by acoralm

I just purchased Ebags eTech 2.0 Mother Lode Mini 21" Wheeled Duffel. The reviews are great, can hold a lot of stuff and a carry on. There are many videos on Youtube about it. Can't wait for it to come in.

http://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/mother-lode-etech-20-mini-21-wheeled-duffel/242273?productid=10211610&lastsearchterm=ebags+-+etech+2.0+mother+lode+mini+21%22+wheeled+duffel

I just purchased Ebags eTech 2.0 Mother Lode Mini 21" Wheeled Duffel. The reviews are great, can hold a lot of stuff and a carry on. There are many videos on Youtube about it. Can't wait for it to come in.

http://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/mother-lode-etech-20-mini-21-wheeled-duffel/242273?productid=10211610&lastsearchterm=ebags+-+etech+2.0+mother+lode+mini+21%22+wheeled+duffel

DDs travel with the backpack version of this bag. Has held up all throughout Europe, carryon and check thru for the past several years.

Edited by SadieN

Thank you so much for the heads up. I've been looking for something to carry as a personal item, and this seems to be a great choice.

I also saw the below set, and I'm very tempted to order as I want to get a spinner. Anyone know anything about this brand?

http://www.hsn.com/products/samantha-brown-hardside-collection-3-piece-set/7443850

I have This Samantha brown luggage in yellow and absolutely love it! I bought it for the nesting ability and couldn't be happier. Check out this video around 2min 45sec and you can see just how the tote nests. I travel lots and this has really made my life easier.

http://www.hsn.com/videos/device/mobile/v/105958301/video-samantha-brown-embossed-ombre-spinner-3-piece-luggage-set.htm