Early Flight

CHEZMARYLOU

About to find out now early is too early for a flight from Ft Lauderdale. We disembark Silhouette from a suite on Sunday for a 10:20 flight. Concierge says no problem. I'll post with our experience, although I know not everyone will have the same results.

We'll be trying that out as well. United bumped our flight up from 12:30ish to 10:25. Keeping our fingers crossed we can make it. Since the next available flight was well into the early evening we decided to give it a try. I am one who always warns not to book flights too early - on a couple of occasions we have had disembarkations delayed until 9:30. Hope this is not one of those!

We would be OK with a 10:20 flight.....but would probably use Express Disembarkation (carry off our own luggage) to improve the odds :). Assuming your ship docks on time, and there are no delays imposed by by the US Authorities (CBP) you should be fine. We would suggest using a taxi or Uber to get to the airport.

Hank

About to find out now early is too early for a flight from Ft Lauderdale. We disembark Silhouette from a suite on Sunday for a 10:20 flight. Concierge says no problem. I'll post with our experience, although I know not everyone will have the same results.

Weather in the Northeast much improved this morning. but expect some delays due to most airports being closed yesterday.

We were off the ship and thru TSA by 7:30. Sure was nice to be home by 2:00 rather than sitting in another airport waiting for the 2nd travel leg. The only holdup was with the luggage. They did not do a very good job with the luggage for suite guests. Even the porter said they messed up and did not put it in the right section in the terminal. I would not have any qualms about booking a flight this early from Ft. Lauderdale.

We just made a 10:25 at MIA easily (from POM). Never would book this early but our airline bumped up the time by almost 2 hours. Thought we would chance it.

But I feel the need to give my usual caveat. Early flight? Have a Plan B in mind. On 2 of our cruises over the years we were not able to disembark until 9:30. Would never have made our flight on those days. And nowadays flights are often overbooked, so catching 'the next flight' could literally be a day or two down the road. If you always book early, odds are that someday it will catch up to you and you will need an alternate plan.

We just made a 10:25 at MIA easily (from POM). .

I made an 11 AM with no problem at all.

Glad y'all made it. And thanks for letting us know.

Gig 'em!