New and confused!

we are booked on Britannia in June for our first cruise (and really our first proper holiday!) after reading lots of forums am I right in thinking pre-booking the limelight club is a good idea? if yes this is where the confusion comes in.... if I pre book and it then happens to be a formal night will we be over dressed if we go formal or would we be able to change the booking once on board?

I know I'm probably overthinking things but I've also looked at the cookery club and fancy booking an evening session there again I'm hesitant just in case that is a formal night too. you might have gathered I'm looking forward to the formal nights:D. :D:confused:

we are booked on Britannia in June for our first cruise (and really our first proper holiday!) after reading lots of forums am I right in thinking pre-booking the limelight club is a good idea? if yes this is where the confusion comes in.... if I pre book and it then happens to be a formal night will we be over dressed if we go formal or would we be able to change the booking once on board?

I know I'm probably overthinking things but I've also looked at the cookery club and fancy booking an evening session there again I'm hesitant just in case that is a formal night too. you might have gathered I'm looking forward to the formal nights:D. :D:confused:

If you look at your itinerary you will see when the sea days are and these usually coincide with the formal nights or sometimes when the ship has an early departure from port. You should be able to work out the best date to book the Limelight club. The first formal night is usually on the second night of the cruise. Whether its worth it or not I couldnt say as we have never tried it.

We enjoy the formal nights too and wouldnt want to miss it.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

Hi and welcome :)

You can find out exactly how many formal nights you’ll have on here https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/life-on-board/dress_code_all

You can then guesstimate when they will be using the following generalised rules

1) Formal nights will not be on the first or last nights (excepting 2 night cruises!)

2) Formal nights are *usually* on sea days not port days (unless you leave port very early)

Otherwise it’s pot luck. Some cruises it’s easy to work out, others not so! Depends on the split of sea days : port days!

Enjoy :)

Hi and welcome :)

You can find out exactly how many formal nights you’ll have on here https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/life-on-board/dress_code_all

You can then guesstimate when they will be using the following generalised rules

1) Formal nights will not be on the first or last nights (excepting 2 night cruises!)

2) Formal nights are *usually* on sea days not port days (unless you leave port very early)

Otherwise it’s pot luck. Some cruises it’s easy to work out, others not so! Depends on the split of sea days : port days!

Enjoy :)

Not pot luck. Our formal and theme nights are all listed clearly on Cruise Personaliser.

Not pot luck. Our formal and theme nights are all listed clearly on Cruise Personaliser.

Not sure how yours ever do. Mine never have and don’t currently do so. My CP states how many formal nights, but not which nights. Never has done.

Thanks a lot for the advice everyone. the Personaliser just says 4 black tie nights but not when. I've gone ahead and booked the cookery club evening as that is a port day and will book the limelight when available to book and not worry about being dressed up if it happens to be a formal night.

Can you describe where this information is located because I’ve looked and looked and can’t find where the formal and theme nights are listed?!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Jean, where do I find this information? My cruise personaliser tells me how many formal night there are but not the day/date :o Thanks :)

I stand corrected. It only gives the number of black tie nights. So where on earth have I seen that or maybe it used to be there.

As others have said, it's not normally on the first sea day and it generally isn't on a port day.

Yes but it now only gives the number of black tie nights and theme nights. It doesn't say when. It used to.

Yes I'm sure they used to. I think that's because they can change their minds on the ship now. In fact I seem to remember on one of our world cruises it changed and the decision to do so was apparently made by the entertainment manager. Go figure! as our American friends would say.;)

Yes I'm sure they used to. I think that's because they can change their minds on the ship now. In fact I seem to remember on one of our world cruises it changed and the decision to do so was apparently made by the entertainment manager. Go figure! as our American friends would say.;)

Yes’s it lies in the CD or Ents. Manager remit to do these changes. I think they need to be agreed by the senior management team.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would book Limelight as soon as it is available if you intend going as they allocate the tables in the order it is booked i.e. the first to book get the best tables at the front. When you arrive your table is pre-allocated, so queueing up early is a bit pointless.That is what the manager in Limelight told me when we last went there.

Hi

We too are on this cruise...eeek not long now!

In answer to your question, I would suggest on past experience, to pre book the Limelight Club.

The acts have not yet come up on the personaliser, but I know people are waiting with anticipation to see who is on. For us it was a very enjoyable night. Just a bit different and kindov 'old fashioned' in a modern way (if that doesn't seem silly)

My OH said he would not feel out of place in there on a formal night but we went twice, on non formal and he wore a sports jacket.

Just really to add........It is set time dining I think we had to be in for 19.30, and you are in there for the whole evening, so perhaps if on a formal night, you may miss Captains' Gala, photographs, and generally enjoying the on board atmosphere created on The formal nights.

Sorry to go on......hope that helps!

I would book Limelight as soon as it is available if you intend going as they allocate the tables in the order it is booked i.e. the first to book get the best tables at the front. When you arrive your table is pre-allocated, so queueing up early is a bit pointless.That is what the manager in Limelight told me when we last went there.

I can agree with that as I booked the first day I could on cp and we were right at the very front! We really enjoyed the evening [emoji4]

It is best to book the limelight on the personaliser when it opens, that way you get the best seats. Some acts are better than others, we saw an absolute show-stopper (Judy and Liza) but thought one was quite poor (Eric and Ernie). It really doesn’t matter if you are in formal or not, over half the people in there on a formal night will be wearing formal. The food is very good as is the service. Enjoy!