Flight prices.

Hello everyone I have booked a cruise on the Royal Caribbean Jewel of the sea for 2019 the flights are not available yet as regards to their times and prices.

So Royal Caribbean have charged me £361 per person return from Manchester to Rome what happens if the flight times are unacceptable or I can find other flights at substantially less money am I still obligated to take their cruise fly options or can I alter the holiday to cruise only.?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

£361 is very expensive

You'll likely get direct flights for that price

If you're not happy you need to call them up and discuss with them. If you've already agreed to and booked this 'fly/cruise' package though then you're now committed to it

How does one get charged for flights that have not been booked and aren’t even available? Is that some sort of UK option to pre-purchase airfare?

Yes. In the UK you have the option to purchase airfare before timings are announced

Wouldn't it be possible to cancel the cruise and fly and then rebook as cruise only? We could do that in the U.S., but I've found the rules are different across the pond.

That would most certainly result in at least a loss of deposit.

I don't know when you are cruising and I don't know how much the prices on that route differ over the year so I don't know if the price you got was good but it sounds very expensive.

I looked for prices for the beginning of 2019 with British Airways and the price for Manchester to Rome, via Heathrow, was a little less than £150 each.

I also checked July 2018 and the price was FROM £200, some flight cost much more.

I booked my December 2018 cruise (Liberty OTS) at the end of March 2017. The travel agent I booked with charged me £1100 each return (Heathrow-Houston) for 3 adults even though the flights were not out until beginning of January this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I booked my December 2018 cruise (Liberty OTS) at the end of March 2017. The travel agent I booked with charged me £1100 each return (Heathrow-Houston) for 3 adults even though the flights were not out until beginning of January this year.

So did you use these flights or did you find your own?

So did you use these flights or did you find your own?

Left them as it is because it is a package deal and is covered by ABTA if anything goes wrong.

Also, when I went to confirm the flight times at the beginning of this year, I found out that, because we have to fly into Houston the day before, the hotel and transfers were included.

It will be our first ever cruise.

Left them as it is because it is a package deal and is covered by ABTA if anything goes wrong.

Also, when I went to confirm the flight times at the beginning of this year, I found out that, because we have to fly into Houston the day before, the hotel and transfers were included.

It will be our first ever cruise.

Thanks for the reply x