Shoe Advice

I'll be going on my first cruise on the NCL Epic sailing out of Barcelona on June 3rd. I'm trying to pack as light as possible (I'm a notorious overpacker) and I'm trying to get by on one or two pairs of shoes other than my sneakers for shore excursions. I'm thinking a pair of sandals for everyday and a pair of flats for nicer events and dinner. Here lies the problem... I have plantar faciitis, which means that I need good support in my arches and heels. I know there are brands of sandals and shoes that cater to this but I was wondering if anyone had any specific brands they liked. Preferably some that wouldn't break the bank.

Thanks!

I have been having the same issue and not sure how you can wear sandals.

Anyway, we did get the inserts that I started to wear in my shoes and while I am not yet 100% I am much better so do consider getting an insert that is made specifically for this issue.

I find Ecco shoes to be great for walking.

Keith

I agree that both Chaco and Teva make sandals that are very comfortable for extensive walking (I own both brands). A word of warning about Chaco, though - the arch is rather high and I *almost* returned mine, but after finally getting used to them I really like them. If you have a low arch I think Teva would be the better brand choice.

Look for a pair of TELIC flip flops or slides....GREAT arch support and very comfortable with my plantar facitis.....they aren't "pretty", but they are oh, so comfortable! I found mine in Myrtle Beach, but I'm thinking online would work, too. They are "small, medium, and large"...I'm a 7 and took a small.

They are specifically made for plantar facitis