Confirming Star Class with Upcoming Recategorization?

We are booked on the Ovation of the Seas in a Sky Loft Suite for the Feb 4, 2018 sailing. All the documentation that I have read online indicates that this will continue to be a Star Class room for our sailing and it was one at the time of booking in April 2016. However, it is not reassuring given that none of our travel documents or anything else written from RCCL indicates Star Class anywhere - just verbal confirmations from the agent at booking. I called last week to confirm, but not all their agents seem to be aware of the upcoming recategorization or very familiar with Star Class, so I got a few different answers from a few different people in the span of one phone call as I got transferred around. The last agent I spoke to assured me that a supervisor would reach out in the next 48 hours to confirm all my questions, but we are now a week out and nothing.

Anyone else have luck getting better documentation from RCCL that confirms their Star Class booking - advice you can share? We are nearing our final payment date and will cancel if not Star Class.

The Sky Loft suite is changing into the Star Loft Suite in the future. It is my understanding that it will remain in the Star Class Family of Perks. We currently have 3 sailings booked in the Sky Loft and are not concerned.

I actually think they are changing the name to avoid the Sky/Star confusion regarding this one classification of cabin.

EDIT to add: my experience is based upon Oasis Class. We have not reached out to RC as we feel there is no reason for concern.

I'm confused. Is the Crown Loft Suite the same as Sky Loft Suite? My son is wanting to book Star class in a loft suite ocean side, but in the description on RC website, it says they are Sky Class. Can someone tell me which loft suites are Star? Thanks. This is on the Harmony, Nov 3, 2018 sailing.

I'm confused. Is the Crown Loft Suite the same as Sky Loft Suite? My son is wanting to book Star class in a loft suite ocean side, but in the description on RC website, it says they are Sky Class. Can someone tell me which loft suites are Star? Thanks. This is on the Harmony, Nov 3, 2018 sailing.

This document lists which categories are in which suite class, but these are the present categories and I'm thinking the categories may change before your cruise:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Suites/16049781_RSC_Trade_Flyer.pdf

EDIT: I just re-read this document and it appears that it has been modified for the post May 2018 re-categorization.

At least for Oasis, the "recategorization" or, more accurately "renaming" occurs with the May 6, 20218 sailing:

4/29/18 sailing:

Category RL - Royal Loft Suite - Star Class

Category SL - Sky Loft Suite - Star Class

Category OL - Owners Loft Suite - Star Class

Category GL - Grand Loft Suite - Star Class

Category A1, A2 - 2Bdr Aquatheatre Suite - Star Class

Category L1, L2 - Crown Loft Suites -- Sky Class

5/6/2018 sailing:

Category RL - Royal Loft Suite - Star Class

Category TL - Star Loft Suite - Star Class

Category OP - Owners Panoramic Suite - Star Class

Category GP - Grand Panoramic Suite - Star Class

Category A1, A2 - 2Bdr Aquatheatre Suite - Star Class

Category L1, L2 - Crown Loft Suites -- Sky Class

On Harmony, Categories OL, GL, OP and GP don't exist.

mac_tlc

Here is a bit more expanded list from RCCL's site.

Royal Suite Class offers three tiers of accommodations, based on the suite category, Star, Sky, and Sea.

Star

2017 Sailings

• Royal Loft Suite
  • Owner’s Loft Suite
  • Four Bedroom Family Suite (Harmony of the Seas only)
  • Grand Loft Suite
  • Sky Loft Suite
  • Two Bedroom AquaTheater Suite (Oasis of the Seas, Allure of the Seas, Harmony of the Seas, Decks 8, 9, 10)

2018 Sailings

• Royal Loft Suite
  • Villa Suite – 4 Bedrooms
  • Owner’s Loft Suite
  • Grand Loft Suite
  • Owner’s Panoramic – 1 Bedrooms
  • Grand Panoramic – 1 Bedroom
  • Star Loft Suite
  • Spacious AquaTheater Suite with Large Balcony – 2 Bedrooms
  • AquaTheater Suite with Large Balcony – 2 Bedrooms

Sky

2017 Sailings

• Crown Loft Suite
  • Owner’s Suite
  • Royal Family Suite
  • Superior Grand Suite
  • Grand Suite
  • One Bedroom AquaTheater Suite (Oasis of the Seas, Allure of the Seas, Harmony of the Seas, Decks 11, 12, 14)

2018 Sailings

• Sky Loft Suite
  • Spacious AquaTheater Suite – 1 Bedroom
  • AquaTheater Suite – 1 Bedroom
  • Crown Loft Suite
  • Owner’s Suite – 1 Bedroom
  • Grand Suite – 1 Bedroom
  • Grand Suite with Large Balcony – 1 Bedroom

Sea

2017 Sailings

• Family Junior Suite
  • Junior Suite
  • Spa Junior Suite

2018 Sailings

• Junior Suite with Large Balcony
  • Junior Suite

mac_tlc

So the Sky and Royal loft suites are the ONLY Star class loft suites? Right? When I called Royal, she told me Crown Loft was Star Class. I asked her three different times. LOL According to the RCI website, Crown Loft is NOT Star. Bob you mentioned it may change by my cruise date. What do you mean by that?

So the Sky and Royal loft suites are the ONLY Star class loft suites? Right? When I called Royal, she told me Crown Loft was Star Class. I asked her three different times. LOL According to the RCI website, Crown Loft is NOT Star. Bob you mentioned it may change by my cruise date. What do you mean by that?

Many of the categories are changing in May 2018. For example, the JS becomes J1. J3, and J4. However, it looks like the document I posted above already takes those changes into account.

Crown Loft Suites (categories L1, L2) have always been Sky Class.

mac_tlc

There are only 3 Star Class Loft Suites on the Harmony. These are 1722, 1724 and 1744. 1722 & 1724 were called Sky Lofts but will become Star Lofts. 1744 is the Royal Loft Suite.

1722 has an ocean view balcony. 1724 has rear view with side ocean view. Personally, I prefer the quiet and privacy of 1722.

• 1 month later...
We are booked in the new Villa Suite on Freedom in May of 2019; will we have all the new amenities and Genie etc?

Sorry, the Star Class amenities are only on Oasis and Quantum Class ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you tell me what the Royal Family Suite (2 bedroom) will be called under the new categorization? I don't know how it is listed for 2018.

I thought in 2016 the Royal Family Suite was Star class. It is now listed as Sky. Does anyone know what the category really was in July 2016?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Seems the "4 BD Family Suite" was Star Class when launched in 2016, but "Family Suite" was Sky.

**Note keep trying to provide a link to a royal caribbean blog article from March 2016 to give you the information, but this forum strips that link - if you search for "Everything You Need to Know About Royal Caribbean's Royal Suite Class" you will find the info I posted above.

Edited by maximustheboxer
broken link

Can you tell me what the Royal Family Suite (2 bedroom) will be called under the new categorization? I don't know how it is listed for 2018.

I thought in 2016 the Royal Family Suite was Star class. It is now listed as Sky. Does anyone know what the category really was in July 2016?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They are called Grand Suite - 2 Bedroom. Thus they are only in Sky Class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
Crown Loft Suites (categories L1, L2) have always been Sky Class.

mac_tlc

Do Sky Class L1 and L2 loft suites get complimentary beverages all day in the Suite lounge.....having read the recat document I do not think so.....but just wanted to check .

If not, apart from all meal access to CK I am not seeing much benefit in having these now?

Do Sky Class L1 and L2 loft suites get complimentary beverages all day in the Suite lounge.....having read the recat document I do not think so.....but just wanted to check .

If not, apart from all meal access to CK I am not seeing much benefit in having these now?

Yes, Sky Class has access to the Suite Lounge .

mac_tlc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, Sky Class has access to the Suite Lounge .

mac_tlc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Alcohol other than beer and wine is only available complimentary during the listed Happy Hour times, correct? Beer wine and soda available all day in CK??

Alcohol other than beer and wine is only available complimentary during the listed Happy Hour times, correct? Beer wine and soda available all day in CK??

This is what is confusing me!!! I know about the cocktail hour (as I am D+) but cannot find any confirmation about the 11a-11p wine and beer availability! In fact there is no mention of it that I can find.

Sky

• ♦ Concierge Service
  • ♦ All Day Access to Coastal Kitchen*
  • ♦ Specialty Bottled Water (upon arrival)
  • ♦ Complimentary VOOM, The Fastest Internet at Sea†
  • ♦ Priority Boarding and Departure
  • ♦ Priority Dining Reservations
  • ♦ Reserved Seating Area in Select Entertainment Venues
  • ♦ Suite Lounge Access (Complimentary hors d’oeuvres and cocktails from 5:00 pm – 8:30 pm each evening)
  • ♦ Access to Suite Sun Deck
  • ♦ Exclusive Access to the Barefoot Beach Club** at our Private Destination Labadee®
  • ♦ Spa Bathrobes for Use Onboard
  • ♦ Luxury Pillow Top Mattress
  • ♦ Luxury Bathroom Amenities by L’Occitane®

*Please note, reservations are required for dinner. Beverages not included.

This is what is confusing me!!! I know about the cocktail hour (as I am D+) but cannot find any confirmation about the 11a-11p wine and beer availability! In fact there is no mention of it that I can find.

Sky

• ♦ Concierge Service
  • ♦ Suite Lounge Access (Complimentary hors d’oeuvres and cocktails from 5:00 pm – 8:30 pm each evening)
  • ♦ Exclusive Access to the Barefoot Beach Club** at our Private Destination Labadee®

We were also confused the first time we were in a Sky suite on Oasis. Can't remember it being written anywhere but soda, beer and bottled water is available 11.00 am onwards. What we have learnt is, if not sure ask the concierge or the bar staff in the suite lounge. Things might change from one cruise to another.

Sky

• ♦ Concierge Service

The only place I have seen it is from posts on here on CC

The only place I have seen it is from posts on here on CC

Here is the missing link .

Suite Perks

See 6th bullet:

"House wines, champagne, beer and soft drinks available in the Suite Lounge, deck 17 from 11:30 am to 11 pm"

And 5th bullet says:

"Complimentary beverages served in the Suite Lounge daily from 4:30 pm to 8:00 pm"

mac_tlc