10:45 to early for departure to Rome?

lcs

I have a 10:45 am flight out of Rome after my Jewel of the Seas cruise. Will I have time to get to this flight? Traveling 1st class/business...A little concerned.

Thanks for inut!

Yikes! The Jewel arrives in port at 5 am but it takes time for the ship to clear in the port. Could be an hour or more. Even if 2 you might make it. If you walk off with your luggage and you have a private driver hired ahead of time, you may make it. You will not make that flight if you put your luggage outside your stateroom door the night before arrival. It takes about one hour to get to the airport. But you still need to consider time to be at the airport in line for check in - even in first/business class.

Yikes! The Jewel arrives in port at 5 am but it takes time for the ship to clear in the port. Could be an hour or more. Even if 2 you might make it. If you walk off with your luggage and you have a private driver hired ahead of time, you may make it. You will not make that flight if you put your luggage outside your stateroom door the night before arrival. It takes about one hour to get to the airport. But you still need to consider time to be at the airport in line for check in - even in first/business class.

If we walk off with our luggage are there elevators available?

Originally posted by BEENSAILING

If we walk off with our luggage are there elevators available?

YES there are elevators from each deck of the ship to the deck where you will disembark. I cannot tell you what is available inside the cruise port but usually there are ramps, escalators and elevators. You will still need to clear customs at the port with your luggage.

After flying out of Rome on my first ever European cruise, it took us 2 hours just to get through security. We had a 12:00 flight, had it not been delayed we would have missed it. It took us almost 4 hours from leaving the ship by cruiseline transfer to the airport and thru security.

Personally I would not recommend it.

Thank you all for your input. My daughter says we're going to try it, she's done it several times with no issues. (takes cruises from this port many times) It only takes once right?

Thank you all!

We had an 11:10 flight out of FCO after our Serenade cruise in 2014 and made it with plenty of time to spare - we could easily have made a 9:30 flight, as it turned out. Our itinerary was Italy, Croatia and Malta, and we did not have to clear any kind of immigration or customs when we arrived back in Rome. The ship arrived while we were still asleep, so I don't know what time it was. We departed about 6:30, not even close to the first people off.

We carried off our own luggage (pack as lightly as you can) and booked a private transfer, which I think is key. If you book through the ship, you have to wait for a bus to fill and that can be a nailbiter if you're the first to board the bus (although to be fair the busses were loading and departing relatively quickly). Our driver was waiting for us and got us to the airport in 45 minutes. Some of our group (we arranged it through CC) had earlier flights and as far as I know, they also made them easily.

So I think you and your daughter will be fine. :)

We had an 11:10 flight out of FCO after our Serenade cruise in 2014 and made it with plenty of time to spare - we could easily have made a 9:30 flight, as it turned out. Our itinerary was Italy, Croatia and Malta, and we did not have to clear any kind of immigration or customs when we arrived back in Rome. The ship arrived while we were still asleep, so I don't know what time it was. We departed about 6:30, not even close to the first people off.

We carried off our own luggage (pack as lightly as you can) and booked a private transfer, which I think is key. If you book through the ship, you have to wait for a bus to fill and that can be a nailbiter if you're the first to board the bus (although to be fair the busses were loading and departing relatively quickly). Our driver was waiting for us and got us to the airport in 45 minutes. Some of our group (we arranged it through CC) had earlier flights and as far as I know, they also made them easily.

So I think you and your daughter will be fine. :)

Thank you critterchick! We do have a private car so that will help. And now we plan to have only 1 suitcase each and will walk off ourselves. I feel a little better. Hopefully Customs at the port won't be long.

I have a 10:45 am flight out of Rome after my Jewel of the Seas cruise. Will I have time to get to this flight? Traveling 1st class/business...A little concerned.

Thanks for inut!

We have done this but it was really stressful. IMHO Rome's airport is a mess!! But, if you are traveling 1st class it will help. Try to use private transportation, the airport is 45 min-1hr from the port. You will also need time for the Vat return if you are planing to ask for those taxes back. If you are planing to do this, keep in mind that they can ask you to show the items you bought.

Last summer we also flew first class out of Rome, but decided to stay an extra night. We booked a room at the airport Hilton and literally walked to the terminal the next day.

Hope this helps.