Confused about the Cheers package, sailing from Galveston

Disneycruisers

My husband and I are wanting to save by buying the cheers package a few days before we sail. We saw that it's 54.95 per day if purchased onboard. However, the package is not available for sailings out of Galveston until day 2 of the cruise.:confused: Do we still pay for 7 days? Or, if we buy it ahead, do we still not get to use it until day 2? Bottom line, how much will it cost us? Any Galveston cruisers have any experience with this?

Thanks!:)

You pay for 6 days on a 7 day cruise. You save $5 per day by purchasing it before you sail.

You can not use it until day two because regardless of when you purchase it you are not paying for the first day.

You can do the exact math but $49.95 + 15% prior to sailing and $54.95 + 15% on board. Roughly $690 before and $756 on board.

If you pre-purchase it online, it is $344.66 per person in cabin over 21 for 6 days. This DOES NOT include embarkation day for sailings from Galveston & New York. (State liquor laws). You will have to pay for your drinks that day. We always get this package especially since it now included bottled water and specialty coffees.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Well one thing you can do is go into your reservation online (unless you went through a TA) and go through the process of buying it. It will tell you how much it is.

Booking through a TA doesn't matter. Anyone booked can purchase whatever they want through the fun shops on their own.

Can you use the soda, water etc part of the package first day in Galveston?

No...all purchases are charged to your account for the full first day. I believe it is 6 am of "Day 2" that CHEERS becomes usable. We kicked ours off with a spiked coffee - on our way to breakfast - that morning when we sailed the Breeze last September! :p

Well one thing you can do is go into your reservation online (unless you went through a TA) and go through the process of buying it. It will tell you how much it is.

Even if you go thru a TA you can purchase cheers package without their help - Same thing goes for excursions, OB cash, liquor and the room stuff you can buy ahead of time - The only thing you can't do is make a payment for your cruise or change the cruise

Sailing out of Galveston you can activate your Cheers package after 6 am the next morning. I went to the coffee shop, activated it and ordered coffee. I paid for the few drinks I had embarkation day, and didn't order $50 worth of drinks - so actually came out ahead.

You can still bring your bottles of wine for embarkation night - fill up a glass (extra full) when leaving your stateroom and bring that to diner with you. it will avoid the cork fee in the MDR. Or just enjoy it in the room.

Thank you everyone!:)

I booked it online, and saw the same price posted here, 344.66. We're happy with that and don't think we'll be bringing on our bottles of wine now.

Thanks again. Looking forward to it!(y)

You may find the bottles of wine to be useful on day 1. I know I did :D

Yes, I've thought about that. I think we will, and we're still bringing a 12-pack of real sugar Dr Pepper. (As a native Texan, I'm never without my DP, LOL.)

If I am not mistaken, the ships out of Galveston and New Orleans carry Dr. Pepper so it will be covered on your Cheers program. (Right, not the first day.)

If I am not mistaken, the ships out of Galveston and New Orleans carry Dr. Pepper so it will be covered on your Cheers program. (Right, not the first day.)

They may carry Dr pepper, but not the real sugar stuff... It's a Texas only thing.... Which really stinks for the rest of us Dr Pepper lovers out there lol

Sent from my XT1030 using Forums mobile app