Anyone know of a B&B or good inexpensive hotel in central London

We stayed at a Crystal hotel right off the Earl's Court tube station for about $100 per night, but I've never seen it for that rate during the summer. Crystal is a chain but each hotel is individually constructed. Some great pubs in the area for dinner. Also, check locations for the "purple palace" otherwise known as Premier Inn--again, another chain but on a much simpler level. It is rather like a Holiday Inn Express in the US. Not fancy, but everything you need and not costly.

We also stayed once at a B&B near Victoria Station. Good location, but that's the only good thing I can say about it...so I won't look up the name. You DON'T want it!

I stayed at the Crescent Hotel in Bloomsbury a few years ago. It is still there and going strong. It is on a lovely quiet street, very near Russell Square tube station (and others), as well as St Pancras and British Library. It was less than $100 a night, but I got a reduced rate because I was there to work with University College London and they got a discount.

If there are 2 of you, ask for room 7--en suite bath, no stairs to drag luggage up (they don't have an elevator but they will take your bags upstairs for you if you ask). And a nice little private inner courtyard just outside your door. It included a full English breakfast when I was there.

Close to some nice pubs and other restaurants, a really lovely neighborhood. wanted to stay there when we visited in May but DH wanted to stay down by the eye.

http://www.crescenthoteloflondon.com/

good luck

ML

Edited by NoWhiners
typos

Anyone know of a B&B or good inexpensive hotel in central London?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's one heck of an oxymoron......Good, inexpensive ANYTHING and Central London do not go together!

Especially good inexpensive hotels!

My mom and I stayed at the Premier Inn County Hall last year. Yes, it’s a chain but I was pleased with it as the rates was pretty reasonable for central London if you book well in advance and their rates for breakfast were fair. The rooms are nothing fancy but the beds were comfortable and the location can’t be beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inexpensive/London

Military Intellegence

oxymoron

[ok-si-mawr-on, -mohr-]

Word Origin

See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com

noun, plural ox·y·mo·ra [ok-si-mawr-uh, -mohr-uh] /ˌɒk sɪˈmɔr ə, -ˈmoʊr ə/, ox·y·mor·ons. Rhetoric.

• a figure of speech by which a locution produces an incongruous, seemingly self-contradictory effect, as in “cruel kindness” or “to make haste slowly.”

Last year we booked the Hilton Olympia Kensington for under $100 a night through Priceline. It's not quite central London, but still walking distance to Kensington Palace, Hyde Park, Harrods, and the Victoria and Albert Museum. Bus service was very convenient to get us to Trafalgar Square.

This year we are staying at the H10 Waterloo. It's closer to the places we want to see on this trip.

These are two good ones near the Tower - The Chamberlain Pub and Hotel (brilliant Sunday lunches - can recommend the roast beef and Yorkshire pud) and also Motel 1 (lovely new hotel with rooms from £99 ) They are both in the Minories, across the road from each other, about 1 minute from Aldgate tube. Very handy for Tower, Tower Bridge etc. Transport on the doorstep. There is also Bevis Marks Synagogue and St Botolphs Church (beautiful) very, very near to hand if they are of interest to you. The Synagogue is extremely interesting and has guided tours available.

You could also try air bnb. We had hotel reservations for months, two rooms, and about a month before travel found a gorgeous apartment on air bnb that was very centrally located (one block from Marble Arch and Oxford street). The price was less than half of the price of the hotel and much more space.

In this case as the date got closer the apartment owner drastically reduced the price in order to fill . Maybe it’s like cruise lines slashing the price of unsold cabins at the last minute?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Last time I was in London, I stayed in the dorms at the University College London.

There are several dorms at different locations to choose from. I had my own private bathroom and there was a fully equipped kitchen on each floor. It was comfortable and clean, not fancy.

If you go onto their website, you can see pictures and get a description about the dorms, along with reviews and prices.