Drink Prices and Cheers Break Even?

mamiamjo

Do you have to buy the Cheers package for every day of your cruise? Or can you buy it and use it for only the days you are at sea? If we have 2 adults and a 17 yr old. Do we just have to buy 2 and the 17 yr old drinks the free drinks that are available? Or we buy pop when she wants it??

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I beleive you can buy the cheers package on the second day, and avoid sales tax.

On a side note, I drink mojitos, and they poured mine as doubles. No way I can drink 6 of those a day and remember the cruise.

I beleive you can buy the cheers package on the second day, and avoid sales tax.

On a side note, I drink mojitos, and they poured mine as doubles. No way I can drink 6 of those a day and remember the cruise.

They don't charge sales tax, only the 15% gratuity. You will however pay tax on every drink you order (Cheers or not) while docked in a US port.

• 2 months later...
Does anyone one know if you can buy a bucket of Corona or dos equis ( because it's glass bottles) ? I know when you buy them 1 at a time they pour it into a cup.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

Single beers yes, buckets no. Must wait 5 minutes between each Cheers order and a bucket would not be considered a single order.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Forums mobile app

Look at it this way.

Specialty coffee 2 = $10.00 ( not sure on price)

Glasses Of Wine At Dinner 2= $18.00 avg

Drinks @ Alchemy 2 = $20.00

Frozen Drinks on Lido 2 = $18.00 avg

Beers 2 = $12.00 avg

Total $78.00 Minus Beer $66.00 Minus Lido $60.00

This should show you that cheers isn't really a good deal for just party animals. This shows what an average day could cost.

Can the kids get non-alcoholic frozen drinks under the Cheers program if my husband and I decide to purchase this option? And if we don't, are prices still around $10 per drink even if there's no alcohol?
There is no sharing under the Cheers! program guidelines.

• 6 months later...

If we're on the Cheers program, will my husband be allowed to walk up to the bar and order a drink for each of us if he has both or our sign & sail cards?

Often the service on the Serenity deck is slow so he'll get up to walk around and bring us back a couple of drinks.

If we're on the Cheers program, will my husband be allowed to walk up to the bar and order a drink for each of us if he has both or our sign & sail cards?

Often the service on the Serenity deck is slow so he'll get up to walk around and bring us back a couple of drinks.

I'm not sure what the official rule is, but I've never had a problem. Usually we go to the bar together the first few times anyway, and by then they know who she is.

I'm not sure what the official rule is, but I've never had a problem. Usually we go to the bar together the first few times anyway, and by then they know who she is.

thanks! We'll try to hit the bar closest to the Serenity together the 1st day.