Adventure - live updates as the captain updates

2c50ffe6e559028aa3f87c5ca35222b9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think that's crazy, and shows really poor judgment. I understand the need to return to PR as soon as possible to disembark residents, but I'm just dumbfounded they're going to try to turn around and have a three day cruise. I'm certain locals aren't going to be able to leave their clean up, and I also can't imagine flying to San Juan from the US mainland for a three day cruise.

Sometimes I wonder if common sense or situational awareness factor into RCI's decisions at all, or if dollars are the only consideration?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So St. Croix and St. Kitts survived Maria w/o enough damage to shut things down? I'm having a difficult time believing this.

I read that the US Virgins Islands are holding a press conference this afternoon at 5PM. I imagine it's going to be awhile until St. Croix can accept cruise ships. Also, I have confirmation from multiple sources on the island that St. Kitts is fine.

So St. Croix and St. Kitts survived Maria w/o enough damage to shut things down? I'm having a difficult time believing this.

This was a post this morning from a real estate company that my husband and I follow in St. Croix.

Posting from the states on behalf of Farchette & Hanley: For all those concerned about Kerri and Chris Hanley... all is well! Spoke with them Wednesday night and they are only having connectivity issues following Hurricane Maria.

Overall, St. Croix luckily weathered well. Not nearly the catastrophic level of damage sustained on St. John and areas of St. Thomas from Hurricane Irma.

Here is the initial damage report they have seen or received info about on St. Croix, as many roads are currently impassable with down trees or power lines. We will update as we receive more info:

- Significant debris in streets of Christiansted and Frederiksted, no collapsed buildings

- Federal courthouse has significant roof damage

- Hospital has water damage but no roof damage

- Sunny isle is okay, maybe a couple of stores blown in with roll down shutters

- GoodHope CountryDay School is intact

- Major grocery stores seem okay

- Airport capable of receiving relief flights ASAP if allowed

- Gallows Bay: multiple roofs missing on businesses

- East End roof damage on 1 out of every 20-30 homes. Some roads impassible due to power lines. Very limited cell / internet.

I wish those onboard well. We were on the Harvey Liberty cruise that turned into 12 days (14 if we wished to stay onboard until the next sailing). We went to Miami and half the ship unloaded. The rest stayed until we got back to Galveston. If you brought a less than 10 day supply of meds start thinking about that. I had 11 days on me for 7 night Liberty. Wasn't enough.

. If you brought a less than 10 day supply of meds start thinking about that. I had 11 days on me for 7 night Liberty. Wasn't enough.

Excellent point! I usually bring about 9 days for a 7 night cruise.

My next cruise is 11 days, I was going to bring enough for 14 days, but re-thinking that now.

Excellent point! I usually bring about 9 days for a 7 night cruise.

My next cruise is 11 days, I was going to bring enough for 14 days, but re-thinking that now.

After spending a whole day calling home, trying to get scrips forwarded and not knowing how much time we would have off the ship in Miami after immigration, all 4000 of us had to, I highly recommend it. Lesson learned for me.

After spending a whole day calling home, trying to get scrips forwarded and not knowing how much time we would have off the ship in Miami after immigration, all 4000 of us had to, I highly recommend it. Lesson learned for me.

We were on the Allure Hurricane cruise and your tip saved us allot of grief. Thanks

This was a post this morning from a real estate company that my husband and I follow in St. Croix.

Posting from the states on behalf of Farchette & Hanley: For all those concerned about Kerri and Chris Hanley... all is well! Spoke with them Wednesday night and they are only having connectivity issues following Hurricane Maria.

Overall, St. Croix luckily weathered well. Not nearly the catastrophic level of damage sustained on St. John and areas of St. Thomas from Hurricane Irma.

Here is the initial damage report they have seen or received info about on St. Croix, as many roads are currently impassable with down trees or power lines. We will update as we receive more info:

- Significant debris in streets of Christiansted and Frederiksted, no collapsed buildings

- Federal courthouse has significant roof damage

- Hospital has water damage but no roof damage

- Sunny isle is okay, maybe a couple of stores blown in with roll down shutters

- GoodHope CountryDay School is intact

- Major grocery stores seem okay

- Airport capable of receiving relief flights ASAP if allowed

- Gallows Bay: multiple roofs missing on businesses

- East End roof damage on 1 out of every 20-30 homes. Some roads impassible due to power lines. Very limited cell / internet.

thanks for the update! we were wondering about them too!

I want to thank you for the update 513Avidcruiser. I am also on the Sept 30th cruise and have called my travel agent and RCCL. They have advised that there are no updates as of now. I wanted to add that I have spoken to a local in San Juan and he has mentioned to me that the damage is quite severe to the infrastructure. The airport has been reported to have little damage with no air conditioning(minimal based on circumstances) but to get to the port is quite a task at this point. This is Mother Nature but the last thing RCCL should be doing Is having passengers trying to get to the port in a city that has Minimal resources. I get that there is a lot of locals of PR on the current cruise but they should be making arrangements to alter the port so it gaves people ample time to contact there airline and modify flying arrangements. Will Ben updating and appreciate all updates from this thread. Thanks

Buju

We are onboard now. There was no 11am update today. (Normally there are 2 -- at 11am and 5pm.) But for the 5pm update the captain stated that no decisions could be made until they hear from FEMA and government officials regarding the airport and port. He said "Miami is on the table" and "in my opinion, San Juan for a Saturday return does not look possible."

He promised a more detailed update tomorrow at 11am.

Just fyi.

Did you make it to Fort Lauderdale yet? Any additional info?? Thank you and have a safe trip home..

The Marine Traffic App shows Adventure currently docked in Ft. Lauderdale. The Fort Lauderdale PTZ webcam is offline so its difficult to visually verify.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just checked at 11:36 and the webcam is working. I see the Allure and a Carnival ship. There is another ship facing the camera but I cant see what ship it is.