If FTTF is sold out?

Trekker954

I'm on Vista in January. I just learned about FTTF and would like it, but its showing sold out. I've read threads that say keep checking back.

If final payment has already been made by everyone, why would FTTF open up again if it is capacity controlled.

If others have really had luck purchasing it within 60 days, I will keep checking. Does it typically open up much closer to the date or should I really check every day which I know I won't be able to do.

Just checking with others experience. Thanks

I'm on Vista in January. I just learned about FTTF and would like it, but its showing sold out. I've read threads that say keep checking back.

If final payment has already been made by everyone, why would FTTF open up again if it is capacity controlled.

If others have really had luck purchasing it within 60 days, I will keep checking. Does it typically open up much closer to the date or should I really check every day which I know I won't be able to do.

There is movement all of the time on things like this. People cancel cruises, cancel FTTF, etc. It has been known to become available right up until a couple of days prior to the cruise.

Yup, it always sells out withiun a day or so of offering. But, they usaully have cancellations and it's possible it'll be offered again BRIEFLY! If you really want it, check daily | subscribe to the message board for that specific cruise. If someone sees it avail, they usaully announce it to the group.

FTTF could become available depending on how many platinum cruisers are actually cruising, someone could cancel at the last minute.

My first cruise I got FTTF about 4-6 weeks from sail date and I purchased it at like 5am. My upcoming cruise I purchased it the day it was released but then again my cruise isn't until July 2018.

You just really have to stalk the website if you really are wanting it.

I've never sailed CCL before, and we are just doing a quickie 3-day out of Long Beach. We will have carry-on luggage only. Do I really need to buy FTTF? Can't I just carry rolling bag on with me?

We also plan to do self-disembarkation...so would FTTF benefit us in any way?

Thanks!

I just bought FTTF last night for the couple that is traveling with us as we are platinum and don't need it. We are sailing on the Vista Feb. 10th, It came open at 1a.m. and several months ago it also opened up at 1 a.m. but I didn't have my friends info at the time. Just keep checking as often as you can and late at night

I've never sailed CCL before, and we are just doing a quickie 3-day out of Long Beach. We will have carry-on luggage only. Do I really need to buy FTTF? Can't I just carry rolling bag on with me?

We also plan to do self-disembarkation...so would FTTF benefit us in any way?

Thanks!

Yes you can carry on your own luggage. What a lot of people get FTTF for is that the cabins aren't usually available until 1:30 and if they board before that, they have to carry their luggage around with them until the cabins open. Are there any tender ports on your cruise? First in line if you have FTTF. Dedicated line at Guest Services, etc. Only you can determine if it's worth it or not for you. Self disembarkation will only get you off a few minutes earlier with FTTF. (And that seems to depend on the port)

I just bought FTTF last night for the couple that is traveling with us as we are platinum and don't need it. We are sailing on the Vista Feb. 10th, It came open at 1a.m. and several months ago it also opened up at 1 a.m. but I didn't have my friends info at the time. Just keep checking as often as you can and late at night

I agree, keep checking! It was already sold out on our Thanksgiving cruise when we booked almost a year ago! I checked everyday several times, and always sold out. One night I was up past midnight and thought about checking, and it was open! I got it, and at 6 am the next morning I was curious and looked, and it was sold out again. Maybe late night is the key???

Keep trying, and good luck!

I was able to get FTTF this past Sunday for our Christmas cruise 2017 on the Magic. We have 3 cabins and all 3 were able to get it. I booked the cruise almost a year out and nothing has been available this entire time (checked numerous times daily!!!). The website was showing more than 10 available when I purchased it, so never give up!!

Lucky you you saved $ 70-80.

We booked our cruise back in April of this year for a cruise out of Port Canaveral in April '08. When we booked, FTTF was sold out and I've been checking 4 times a day since booking and it has always been sold out. This morning, I logged onto my account from my phone @ 6am and had to take a double look because FTTF was AVAILABLE. Ran downstairs to get my wallet and finally purchased it. I know I've read where some people say its not worth it but if my room is available once I board the ship and lines are shorter getting on and off the boat then its worth the $80.

Looks like people have more luck getting FTTF either late at night or early in the morning.

It's revenue controlled, not capacity controlled. Each ship has a targeted revenue goal, and FTTF is a way Carnival gets you money, without supplying a product that cost them (free).

Just be thankful that others got scammed instead of you. Your room will still exist, it will be made up, you will get on the ship, maybe 15 minutes later, and your luggage will still arrive at your room.

If you pack just a carry-on, that's fine, but unless you are Platinum or Diamond or you have FTTF, your room won't be available to you until 1:30-2:00. Plus you will board in your regular group, not immediately after the Platinum/Diamond people.

Now, if you don't plan on getting to the port until 1:30 or so, FTTF might not interest you, unless you have some tender ports and you want off first, or you think you might need a dedicated line at Guest Services for some reason.