Help with short 3 night cruise - Carnival, NCL, or RC?

aimcat

Hey guys - my husband and I want to hop on a short 3 night cruise for a quick getaway since we dont have much time to spare right now - either Mid- Late Feb or first weekend of March. We have mainly only done 5+ night cruises mainly 7 nights these last 2 times. So which of these is best and these are the choice we have that fit from where we can leave from:

NCL-Sky

RC-Majesty or Enchantment

Carnival - Liberty or Victory

Now with Carnival we can get a suite for the same price as a basic room on the others.....

Let me know!

I've been on all the ships you listed except Victory. My first choice would be Enchantment. I prefer Enchantment because I think it is the nicest of your choices. The ship is beautiful, inside and out, and I just think the whole experience is a notch above the other choices.

Carnival Liberty would be my second choice and if you can get a suite on Liberty for the same price, perhaps this is the better option for you.

After EOS and Liberty, my choices in order would be 3) Victory, 4) Majesty, 5) Sky.

I've sailed the 4-day NCL Sky cruise with open bar and it was not a booze cruise. No one out of control, nothing crazy. It was fine and fun and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. You may have some of that on the 3-day, considering it's spring break season, but overall, with the prices being what they are for those open-bar cruises, that may detract some of those college-age students. We really like NCL, and I really like the Sky. Great ship, great crew, and having those beverages was nice! I'd go for it and make the most of your 3 days of fun. :)

Remember, you get what you pay for!! The short cruises are filled with first time cruisers and kids. I agree, be careful of the short cruises during Spring Break!!

Hey guys - my husband and I want to hop on a short 3 night cruise for a quick getaway since we dont have much time to spare right now - either Mid- Late Feb or first weekend of March. We have mainly only done 5+ night cruises mainly 7 nights these last 2 times. So which of these is best and these are the choice we have that fit from where we can leave from:

NCL-Sky

Now with Carnival we can get a suite for the same price as a basic room on the others.....

Let me know!

Just got off Enchantment 3 day this morning. It was fun - remember it is what you make it!! That being said, there were a number of large groups (one company outing or something) on board that were noticeable but not disruptive and a conference on board also. Few bachelor/bachelorette parties too. We weren't up late so didn't notice the partiers much.

NCL-Sky

Let me know!

Unless being on the water is a big part of the cruise for you I would look at trying an AI or some other land based vacation for only a few days. I think you would get more relaxation and less hassle. I love cruising, but there are some hassles unique to it (muster drill, waiting for your room/luggage, etc.) that 3 days wouldn't be worth it to me.

Unless being on the water is a big part of the cruise for you I would look at trying an AI or some other land based vacation for only a few days. I think you would get more relaxation and less hassle. I love cruising, but there are some hassles unique to it (muster drill, waiting for your room/luggage, etc.) that 3 days wouldn't be worth it to me.

I agree. I admit I’m a cruise addict, and I would never book a cruise under 7 days. Too much hassle with travel there, embarkation and debarkation. We took a short cruise way back in either 1999 or 2000 on the Ecstasy, combined with a 4 night stay in South Beach, and learned then that it was not long enough to suit me, or please my complaining hubby (over hassles of embarkation and debarkation. He said they are wasted days and he complains miserably about them)

We are bumping to the 4 day now and now taking a friend that’s never been. The carnival sensation fits with dates we need but I worry about it being an older ship? Anyone have any thoughts on sensation?

We are bumping to the 4 day now and now taking a friend that’s never been. The carnival sensation fits with dates we need but I worry about it being an older ship? Anyone have any thoughts on sensation?

There is an entertaining, thorough review of the Sensation that had some recent posts on it from KmomChicago called Carnival Sensation - Bless Her Heart (sorry I don't know how to post a link). It should give you a good feel for the ship.