Current Captains Con't

Can somebody please explain how this list works? Specifically what is rotation? And how long does a captain stay in service on a ship?

A rotation is a Captain’s contract on a ship. It is called a rotation because each ship has two captains, rotating every ten weeks - however, Captains will sometimes serve 11-week rotations. Hope this helped clear things up!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A rotation is a Captain’s contract on a ship. It is called a rotation because each ship has two captains, rotating every ten weeks - however, Captains will sometimes serve 11-week rotations. Hope this helped clear things up!

a contract can range from 8 to 12 weeks. That's why I am dependent on knowing the exact date a captain signed on. My excel spread sheet only calculates 10 week rotations.

Clear as water! THANK YOU!

a contract can range from 8 to 12 weeks. That's why I am dependent on knowing the exact date a captain signed on. My excel spread sheet only calculates 10 week rotations.

That makes sense - I know that 10 weeks is the norm, but as you mentioned, there is often variation in the exact length of the contracts for individual Captains. Thanks again for all your hard work on this thread!

So do we have some hints on the other captain for Oasis? Inquiring minds want to know!

Jill

Funny you should ask. I just happened to ask the captain tonight. Unfortunately I forgot the name but he said he was coming from MJ. Makes sense because Per left here for MJ.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Tried to ask RCI on FB about the next Oasis Captain but they didn't know.

It seems as if Captain Goran could be switching ships with Captain Per, although Majesty to Oasis is a pretty big jump in size.

Thanks Karen for all you do here!

That is a big jump indeed - as such, I would imagine there will be some overlap with Captain Claus to get Captain Goran acquainted with the ship. Captain Rick of Symphony had never commanded an Oasis class ship until he started on Oasis for one contract to prepare him for Symphony. At the beginning of his contract on Oasis, he did two weeks of overlap with Captain Rob (also now on Symphony). Likewise, Captain Claus overlapped with Captain Per when he first started on Oasis. It’s routine procedure when Captains switch ships.

That is a big jump indeed - as such, I would imagine there will be some overlap with Captain Claus to get Captain Goran acquainted with the ship. Captain Rick of Symphony had never commanded an Oasis class ship until he started on Oasis for one contract to prepare him for Symphony. At the beginning of his contract on Oasis, he did two weeks of overlap with Captain Rob (also now on Symphony). Likewise, Captain Claus overlapped with Captain Per when he first started on Oasis. It’s routine procedure when Captains switch ships.

That is true and has happened for just about every Oasis Class Captain. However, Captain Goran has been Captain on RD then MJ so OA is a serious jump in size. I do believe he filled in on Freedom Class at some point though. Interested to see what happens here.

A friend aboard Grandeur now sent me a copy of the current 'Officers and Crew Onboard' sheet. Partick Jukes is listed first, as Master. Your list said Capt. Thorsson started on 9-14-18.

ok, rotation date is close, I will put Patrick back on but he could have gone on vacation at the end of your friend's cruise. I will verify dates when I go 10-11-18.