Kids in Yacht Club?

labrugnoli

Hello! My family will be taking our first MSC cruise from Genoa in March 2018. We have booked a Yacht Club suite and are super-excited! (Half the price of our planned, domestic Disney cruise and WAAYYY more benefits.)

Anyway, are there any age limits/concerns in the Yacht Club? I've seen a few comments on other boards/reviews where people complain about children in the YC pool, so I wanted to check. The website doesn't have a lot of information about this.

Also, had anyone ever done the personalized excursions? On an MSC chat they said you have to wait and do this on board, and that makes me nervous. I'm a planner, and don't want to be worried about missing out on an excursion if they can't offer what I'm looking for through the YC (or if it's crazy expensive.)

Thanks so much for an advice/tips!

Sincerely,

labrugnoli

Hello! My family will be taking our first MSC cruise from Genoa in March 2018. We have booked a Yacht Club suite and are super-excited! (Half the price of our planned, domestic Disney cruise and WAAYYY more benefits.)

Anyway, are there any age limits/concerns in the Yacht Club? I've seen a few comments on other boards/reviews where people complain about children in the YC pool, so I wanted to check. The website doesn't have a lot of information about this.

Also, had anyone ever done the personalized excursions? On an MSC chat they said you have to wait and do this on board, and that makes me nervous. I'm a planner, and don't want to be worried about missing out on an excursion if they can't offer what I'm looking for through the YC (or if it's crazy expensive.)

Thanks so much for an advice/tips!

Sincerely,

labrugnoli

there is no age limit for kids in YC . Its not an adult ships. People who complain about kids in pool on kids sail free ship must be out of their mind. :confused:

We are taking our 1.5yo daughter on MSC Divina in February. Looking forward to the responses on this. We took her to Bermuda on the Norwegian Breakaway in April in the Haven and she was a hit there. I'm hoping for the same on this cruise. It helps that she is a very happy well behaved little girl, but the crew loved her. We bring her own little pool since she can't go in the main pool so that shouldn't be an issue for us. Like the previous poster says, it is a kids sail free ship with many activities for children so if someone doesn't like kids on their vacation they should find another line or another type of vacation.

Maybe the MSC marketing machine needs to manage expectations on this. They use phrases like "an exclusive haven" and "private venues for total tranquility" to market YC.

The concept of total tranquility is used to encourage people to pay considerably more for the YC experience. There would undoubtedly be some disappointment if they found the exclusive pool area taken over by noisy children.

Well behaving children is absolutely no problem and I 'm sure that the staff in the Yacht Club does everything they can to make them feel welcome.

The Haven on NCL have many two bedroom suites and because of that it can be many children on some cruises. Since there are very few suites designed for families on MSC that's no problem in the Yacht Club.

Children are absolutely welcome.

We are taking our 1.5yo daughter on MSC Divina in February. Looking forward to the responses on this. We took her to Bermuda on the Norwegian Breakaway in April in the Haven and she was a hit there. I'm hoping for the same on this cruise. It helps that she is a very happy well behaved little girl, but the crew loved her. We bring her own little pool since she can't go in the main pool so that shouldn't be an issue for us. Like the previous poster says, it is a kids sail free ship with many activities for children so if someone doesn't like kids on their vacation they should find another line or another type of vacation.
You probably took her on one of the best kid friendly cruises barring Disney. Our Grand-daughters loved the kids' club on the Breakaway. I haven't had any kids with me on MSC but the kids I saw always looked like they were having fun.

You probably took her on one of the best kid friendly cruises barring Disney. Our Grand-daughters loved the kids' club on the Breakaway. I haven't had any kids with me on MSC but the kids I saw always looked like they were having fun.

She was too young for any of the kids clubs. They did have a room she could go play in and a couple of activities for babies with their parents. I believe this will still be the case with MSC which is fine. This is a family vacation for us and we'll do as much together as possible. With NCL we took turns seeing shows since she was too young to enjoy them. She may enjoy them now since she really likes music so we may attempt to take her to a show and see how she does.

Maybe the MSC marketing machine needs to manage expectations on this. They use phrases like "an exclusive haven" and "private venues for total tranquility" to market YC.

The concept of total tranquility is used to encourage people to pay considerably more for the YC experience. There would undoubtedly be some disappointment if they found the exclusive pool area taken over by noisy children.

I agree.

Although I must say that I only saw one child and 2 teenagers on My October YC sailing. March should be fine, summer must be a totally different story

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree.

Although I must say that I only saw one child and 2 teenagers on My October YC sailing. March should be fine, summer must be a totally different story

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

March in the US is Spring Break. Oops, I thought you were posting about Seaside. Sailing from Genoa will be different, and, I agree, the OP will probably not encounter a lot of children.

I absolutely agree! There were some previous posts in this forum where people were actually pretty hostile--even going so far as say 6 years old and younger should be kept at home. For me, a big part of vacation is giving my kids new experiences, so why would I leave them at home??? It's as if people like that aren't aware there are lots of adults-only options out there....

This conversation gets to me at times...if you want a child free vacation, book one. There are resorts and cruise lines that are available. MSC is family friendly. Expect to see children everywhere you go. I think the issue for some isn't so much chidden - it's unsupervised children. That's a different story...and the children aren't to blame for that.

I absolutely agree! There were some previous posts in this forum where people were actually pretty hostile--even going so far as say 6 years old and younger should be kept at home. For me, a big part of vacation is giving my kids new experiences, so why would I leave them at home??? It's as if people like that aren't aware there are lots of adults-only options out there....

This conversation gets to me at times...if you want a child free vacation, book one. There are resorts and cruise lines that are available. MSC is family friendly. Expect to see children everywhere you go. I think the issue for some isn't so much chidden - it's unsupervised children. That's a different story...and the children aren't to blame for that.

Even in our case with "supervised" children it was the mothers/aunts who should have stayed home.

Plus the kids in diapers swimming in the pool.

We saw quite a few children on our cruise in June ( the 3 day one ), but I must say.. every child we saw in YC or Le Muse was incredibility well behaved and on the YC pool deck there was really no issue with the kids playing or being wreckless. I think you will be fine :)