Beverage availability?

Could some of you chime in please on when these might be available for free on Lido (if at all) or if I am going to have to pay for them at the bar. Don't know if it matters but I will be on the Volendam next week. Thank you!

Lemonade

Orange Juice

Cranberry Juice

Fruit Punch

Tomato Juice

Pineapple Juice

There was fruit punch in one of the juice dispensers in the Lido on the Nieuw Amsterdam last year. I know, because the singer for BB King drank it. He'd cut it with water because he said it was very sweet.

Not all ships will have juices available in the lido outside of breakfast. Rotterdam and Veendam never did. They might sometimes, then won't sometimes. Who knows why.

We take Crystal Light for lemonade now.

Edited by sppunk

If it were outside of breakfast time, I wanted a glass of juice, and someone was behind a Lido counter, I would ask for my choice. The odds are beyond excellent that it would be made available to me.

I do ask for chocolate milk for lunch (when it is not out) later in the afternoon many days. Someone gets it for me without question every time.

I see no reason to believe that it would be any different for juice.

I see the ship as a great, big city, with just about everything I could need or want on board. If I ask, they will supply.

If it were outside of breakfast time, I wanted a glass of juice, and someone was behind a Lido counter, I would ask for my choice. The odds are beyond excellent that it would be made available to me.

I do ask for chocolate milk for lunch (when it is not out) later in the afternoon many days. Someone gets it for me without question every time.

I see the ship as a great, big city, with just about everything I could need or want on board. If I ask, they will supply.

Unfortunately didn't work for us. :(

Oh, but that's for you Ruth. We all know that staff would jump over the side and swim to shore to get something you wanted. Us ugly old guy s, well, we just have to fend (and forage) for ourselves!

;)

If you took a lidded cup/container to breakfast, I imagine you could fill it with one of the juices available then, and pop it in your fridge for later?

You're assuming OP has a fridge. Not everyone does.

However, if OP does have a fridge, this could help.

I have a smallish cloth, insulated cooler that I take with me on cruises. I fill it with underwear or whatever in the suitcase and then have it filled with ice in the cabin. It keeps beverages cool for quite awhile. I'll also put not-so-perishable foods in it. You could fill up a water bottle with juice and have it handy all day.

On the Volendam in June, we told our room steward we wanted lots of ice, and he brought us a wine cooler full of ice as well as the ice bucket twice a day! We kept a bottle of wine in the cooler -I Imagine that would work for juice as well.

I have a smallish cloth, insulated cooler that I take with me on cruises. I fill it with underwear or whatever in the suitcase and then have it filled with ice in the cabin. It keeps beverages cool for quite awhile. I'll also put not-so-perishable foods in it. You could fill up a water bottle with juice and have it handy all day.

That's a good idea. I hadn't thought of a soft sided cooler in that context.