Curtain dividing the room?

csunshinegirl

I know Dosney has a curtain dividing the room what other cruise line does too? I just really hate having NO privacy with hubby and child.

Generally when we stay in hotels we stay in suites. One room for her and one for us. Everyone sleeps better. Suites are pretty expensive on a cruise..except for Carnival, but I'm not really a Carnival fan.

Unless you are in a suite with a "separate bedroom" most do not have any sort of curtain between the bed / couch area. Even with the curtain though you are still in the same room. It is usually just helpful to have an area where you can have the lights on and the other area off - it's not like it is soundproof

RCI's Radiance class has full-length curtains...but no other ship has that.

It's best, in your circumstances, to either book a 2 room suite, or 2 connecting cabins. Ships are NOT like hotel rooms at all!

NCL has family Oceanview rooms that have curtains (Breakaway and Getaway, and Escape, I believe). These are the same size as a minisuite, but without a balcony.

Several of NCLs older ships also have curtains in their minisuites.

RCCL often has curtains in their junior suites, though it may depend on the ship and/or type of junior suite.

OR -- bring a cloth shower curtain from home and a series of heavy duty magnetic hooks and create your own curtain. Ships are metal -- including the ceiling -- and many people have had good luck creating their own privacy curtain within their cabin.

NCL's mini suites have curtains on the older ships.

Mini suites on NCL Dawn, Star, and Jewel class (gem, jewel, pearl, jade) have a dividing curtain between bed and sofa areas, and also have a bath tub which is great for little ones. Their newer ships do NOT have these features in mini suites. Breakaway and Getaway (and maybe Escape?) have Family Oceanviews which are pretty much like the Dawn/Star/Jewel mini suites but without the balcony. They have the dividing curtain and bathtub.

Edit: We were on Breakaway last month and tried the magnet/shower curtain thing. Our ceiling was NOT magnetic, despite having read reviews of others on the ship that were. It did have a couple of metal parts that we could stick the magnets to, but they weren't in great locations. Didn't end up mattering to us because DS decided he would only be sleeping in our bed anyway...

Edited by gymbomb

I just saw an item advertised on Facebook called "Privacy Pop" - like a pop up tent but it goes around the mattress and creates privacy. It made me think of this thread - could go around a kid's bed on a cruise and if the "wall" part is turned the right way, could provide privacy and block light while the child is sleeping and parents are awake. I think my kids would love it - like sleeping in a cave. Pricey though - but less than paying for an upgraded room!

HAL veranda cabins have curtains dividing the bedroom area from the living room area. They don't go the entire length of the room, but do go about the entire length of the bed (leaving a little "aisle" for someone in the living area where the sofa sleeper would be to have access to the bathroom which is closer to the door.) If you go to the HAL website, and check out their descriptions/photos of the different categories on each ship, you will see the curtain. It's pictured pulled back for daytime (so you can see the view/balcony), but it pulls out for nighttime. Not a separate room, but better than nothing!

Another plus, at least in my book, is HAL has bathtub/shower combos - not shower only.

We often get inside rooms and when we were on the RC Serenade of the Seas there was a full curtain dividing the bed from the rest of the room. Our 5 yr dd slept on the couch since they wouldn't let her in the drop down bed. The curtain was nice to divide the room if she was sleeping. She wasn't with us on HAL or Oceania, but there was a curtain there too, although we never closed them so I can't confirm they were full width.

Edited by travelhound