Essential Beach Gear?

Jennnfusion

Sunscreen....a towel....that's about all you NEED...what you want might boost your list! Kids enjoy the sand...so bring something they can dig with...a cheap pail and shovel will fit in your luggage...pack socks, or pjs in it!

Cruising Norwegian to Bermuda with a 2 1/2 year old and a 10 month old in October. What beach gear do you guys recommend?

A couple of buckets and shovels will do it. You can find cheap sets at Walmart or Target that will have a few other things too that will keep them busy.

Baby sunscreen is a must but I would also get them rash guards and hats to protect them from the sun too. Also get a little container of baby powder to put in your beach bag. When you are leaving the beach and trying to get all that sand off them, if you put baby powder on their legs and feet, the sand will just fall off.

If you aren't going to rent an umbrella, make sure you bring some kind of sun shade for them.

Hats with ties under the chin are essential for us. We bring sunglasses too. DD loves them but maybe your kids won't keep them on.

We always had plenty of wipes too, but with a 10 month old you'll probably have those already. As pps have said, baby powder is awesome at the beach to get off sand. We always have sand toys, although one time she had as much fun with a plastic drink cup and shovel.

When dd was smaller and couldn't drink out of a water bottle we brought a sippy cup/travel cup.

They really don't need much except protection from the sun. I would always rent an umbrella too and any beach with services in Bermuda rents them. One of our best beach days was at Horseshoe Bay in Bermuda. The sand if perfect for playing and we literally stayed there all day.

Sunblock is essential in the Caribbean. I thought I was being careful and sat in the shade most of the day, but as fate would have it- my right leg and feet got fried! I was in so much discomfort and my feet swelled from the burn. So make sure your children are well protected from the sun. Sunblock, hats, swim shirts, and tinted googles too.

For your 10 month old - something like this:

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/baby-spring-float-activity-center-with-sun-shade/1015146079?skuId=15146079&utm_source=bingpla&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=All%20Products&mcid=PS_bingpla_nonbrand__&creative=9338890556&device=t

For your two year old - the puddle jumpers flotation device

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=puddle+jumper&tag=geminimobiles-20&index=aps&hvadid=22353577&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=e&hvdev=t&ref=pd_sl_5zbgchv5em_e

Can never be too cautious around water. The kids will enjoy floating in the water and you will have piece of mind.

Also - don't forget swim diapers and baby sunglasses.

Enjoy!!!!!

Ps. Your two year old might enjoy a little spray bottle. Can get at dollar store - fun and keeps them and you cool.

Edited by 2specialkidsforme

We have always brought a puddle jumper. It's also a legal life jacket for kids 30 pounds and over so once she hit that we used it on catamaran excursions too. Her first "snorkeling" trip was when she was 3 in Bermuda on a cat trip. The puddle jumper allowed her to lay flat on her stop and float and she used swim goggles to look in the water while holding her breath. She was so excited to see the fish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk