Just off the Dream 10/1 Sailing!

ElizabethR25

Around 10:30 last night my husband and I disembarked the Dream in new Orleans after a wonderful and somewhat rocky week. It was my first cruise and thanks to this website and message board I felt very prepared. While Hurricane Nate did throw some interesting twists into our journey, over all we still had a lovely time. I look forward to writing an in depth review later on in hopes of helping others. I would be happy to answer any specific questions though in the mean time.

And I have to go ahead and mention how AMAZING our cruise director, Chris the Flying Scotsman, was. He truly made our trip unforgettable!

They make you get off the Dream at 10:30 P.M.?

I was also on this trip. We docked at about 9 PM. You could either do a late night disembarkation or the standard early one. It looked like about half the ship chose the late night one. It was a complete cluster for a while but once things got moving it went rather smoothly.

Sent from my VS986 using Forums mobile app

I was also on this trip. We docked at about 9 PM. You could either do a late night disembarkation or the standard early one. It looked like about half the ship chose the late night one. It was a complete cluster for a while but once things got moving it went rather smoothly.

Glad they gave you an option. I would hate to get off and go to a hotel that time of night.

I'm confused about the late night disembarking? Did you get back early because of the storm? I am glad you had a good time. We sail on the Dream in January. And after this late summer and fall hurricane season I am glad we go in January. But I can't wait to go.

According to Chris, this morning, he said they expected approx. 600 PAX to debark last night but the total was about 1250 who left after 9 p.m. yesterday. For clarification, the Mississippi River was closed to marine traffic at noon on Friday because of approaching Hurricane Nate. The Dream was supposed to dock early Saturday but was not allowed to sail up the river until Saturday afternoon. We reached the port a little before 9. Passengers were given the option listed above

Edited by NavarreCruiser

According to Chris, this morning, he said they expected approx. 600 PAX to debark last night but the total was about 1250 who left after 9 p.m. yesterday. For clarification, the Mississippi River was closed to marine traffic at noon on Friday because of approaching Hurricane Nate. The Dream was supposed to dock early Saturday but was not allowed to sail up the river until Saturday afternoon. We reached the port a little before 9. Passengers were given the option listed above

The Dream was supposed to dock early Sunday in New Orleans but docked instead Sunday night around 9:30. We were given the opportunity to disembark Sunday night or wait until Monday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums