Some Questions if You Don't Mind

cruzsnooze

I sailed with Azamara back in 2009 so things have changed, including their name. I just booked an Antarctic cruise on the pursuit and want to be prepared. Are there refrigerators in the cabins and are the diet cokes stocked and complimentary? Same question about water bottles. Does the complimentary self serve laundromat have soap and fabric softner for sale or otherwise? Are there shows every night after dinner and enough seating for everyone who wants to go? Is open seating dinner have tables to share so we can meet our fellow travelers. Is there anything you think I should know but don't know to ask!

Edited by cruzsnooze

I sailed with Azamara back in 2009 so things have changed, including their name. I just booked an Antarctic cruise on the pursuit and want to be prepared. Are there refrigerators in the cabins and are the diet cokes stocked and complimentary? Same question about water bottles. Does the complimentary self serve laundromat have soap and fabric siftner for sale or otherwise? Are there shows every night after dinner and enough seating for everyone who wants to go? Is open seating dinner have tables to share so we can meet our fellow travelers. Is there anything you think I should know but don't know to ask!

a. Yes diet cokes are included free and if you need more in the fridge just tell your attendant.

b. Yes water is free

c. Yes soap capsules with softener are free

d. There are shows every night except the Azamazing evening and White nights. They bring in extra seats and are proactive helping you find seats if you need help in a fuller show lounge

e. Sharing tables are available just tell the maitre d at the dining room check in and they will put you on a table to share, you may have to wait a few minutes for the table to fill but they will do their best to have other guests join you

enjoy Antarctica!

Thanks UKtog. I went to Antarctica over 10 years ago on the Marco Polo which has since gone to old ship heaven. It was an amazing place I've wanted to revisit this amazing place. We did the Artic on National Geographic and it was equally enthralling.

I just found out I get some reciprocal credit for the tier I have on RCL and Celebrity. I will definitely use the free internet minutes for checking my email and DH will use the free bag of laundry. That was a pleasant surprise.

Just to add to what Uktog said, there are sharing tables, but we found that because we tend to go into the dining room fairly late (7:45ish) all the sharing tables were full by the time we went in to dinner most nights on our last cruise. That may have been because it was a Costa Rica Intensive Cruise where most people had tours booked most days, often with fairly early starts.

That said, most of the tables for 2 are close together, so it’s easy to get talking to your neighbour.

Have a good cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks UKtog. I went to Antarctica over 10 years ago on the Marco Polo which has since gone to old ship heaven. It was an amazing place I've wanted to revisit this amazing place. We did the Artic on National Geographic and it was equally enthralling.

I just found out I get some reciprocal credit for the tier I have on RCL and Celebrity. I will definitely use the free internet minutes for checking my email and DH will use the free bag of laundry. That was a pleasant surprise.

You may be interested to know that Marco Polo is still sailing with the Cruise and Maritime line.

10 years ago we did the South America and Antarctica cruise on Azamara Journey and moored next to Marco Polo in Montevideo.

You may be interested to know that Marco Polo is still sailing with the Cruise and Maritime line.

10 years ago we did the South America and Antarctica cruise on Azamara Journey and moored next to Marco Polo in Montevideo.

Small world, maybe we were on the Marco Polo when she was moored next to you.

If you like Indonesian family style cooking do the Rijsttafel. It's excellent. That will be new since you cruised last. Not well promoted so ask about it. If you are talking Pursuit January 2019 I'll probably see you there! There is a roll call for the cruise here :

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2561640

Phil

If you like Indonesian family style cooking do the Rijsttafel. It's excellent. That will be new since you cruised last. Not well promoted so ask about it. If you are talking Pursuit January 2019 I'll probably see you there! There is a roll call for the cruise here :

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2561640

Phil

I'm sailing on the Feb 8 one. I don't vare for Indian foods, the spices aren't to my liking. Is the Indonesian food similar of different?

I'm sailing on the Feb 8 one. I don't vare for Indian foods, the spices aren't to my liking. Is the Indonesian food similar of different?

To be honest, if you are not keen on indian food then most of the indonesian offerings will not appeal either.

Was the Patio in place when you were on board before? It is a great place to have an evening meal - it is the grill area but with waiter service and a special menu including a daily special in the evening.

The Living Room (the large sea view bar at the front of the ship, can't remember what it was previously called) does afternoon teas and tapas in teh evening - so a great place for a quick snack and a pre dinner drink before a late dinner.

I agree and on the Patio too.

You know the February 8th cruise doesn't go to the Antarctic?

Phil

You are right, it goes around the horn. I expect to see similar in wildlife with Penguins and whales. The Marco Polo did landings whereas this cruise will do sightings mostly from on board. It is the coast along Patagonia that I really want to see. The only cruise I found that does excursions in Patagonia is National Geographic which has 20 day salings for $1000 PP PD which didn't meet my needs. We did National Geographic to the Arctic Circle with 2 zodiac landings a day which was exceptional. That was about 4 years ago but they still do that itinerary . It was a long flight into Oslo. I am not looking forward to these flights into Chile and out of Argentina.

I booked my air with Choice air through Azamara. I found the savings to be about $2000 for business class VS independently booking my air. I am not happy with the Copa Air planes coming home but have United getting there.