Venice fall weather? (late October)

VideoTech

Currently have the NCL 7 day Venice - Greece - Venice booked for this June, but will likely have to cancel and reschedule.

What is the weather like for that cruise in late October or perhaps the first week of November? Anyone have any experience with that cruise at that time of year?

Thanks!

There is historical weather data available on many of the weather sites, such as this one, wunderground.com.

Just plug in the name of each port you will visit and look at the past several yrs to get an idea of what you MAY expect. It will take 5 minutes ....

https://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/LGAT/2017/11/3/DailyHistory.html?req_city=Athens&req_state=I&req_statename=Greece&reqdb.zip=00000&reqdb.magic=10&reqdb.wmo=16716

There is historical weather data available on many of the weather sites, such as this one, wunderground.com.

Just plug in the name of each port you will visit and look at the past several yrs to get an idea of what you MAY expect. It will take 5 minutes ....

https://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/LGAT/2017/11/3/DailyHistory.html?req_city=Athens&req_state=I&req_statename=Greece&reqdb.zip=00000&reqdb.magic=10&reqdb.wmo=16716

Thanks Mapleleaves. I'm aware of that, have done that. But that's just the historical numbers. Looking for experiences from cruisers who've done the Adriatic at that time of year.

Thanks Mapleleaves. I'm aware of that, have done that. But that's just the historical numbers. Looking for experiences from cruisers who've done the Adriatic at that time of year.

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the historical data. Better to see the range of what to expect rather than just one person's report of one particular day...

That said, Venice can be rainy and cool at the end of October/early November. You could have 'acqua alta' (flooding). Or it could be sunny. I've experienced all of those at that time of year.

Where else are you stopping?

We had foggy, cool weather in Venice in mid October 2017. The weather for the cruise portion to Athens and back was lovely--sunny and warm everywhere we went. The fog in Venice, however, delayed our cruise and consequently changed our itinerary, much to our disappointment.

We had foggy, cool weather in Venice in mid October 2017. The weather for the cruise portion to Athens and back was lovely--sunny and warm everywhere we went. The fog in Venice, however, delayed our cruise and consequently changed our itinerary, much to our disappointment.

Thanks Everyone. I'm not dismissing the historical data, just looking to fill it in with trip reports and personal experiences, which is one of the valuable things about CC. Good point about fall flooding in Venice...hadn't thought about that, although I know it happens.

Thanks again.

We did the Med around Thanksgiving time last year. Mostly the weather was very nice, maybe a little cool in a couple of places but that is much better than sweltering heat. When I look at my photos, almost all show sunny skies. We did have rain in the morning in Dubrovnik so we waited until the afternoon for it to clear off to walk the wall, and it was windy in Kotor. But other than that, it was great, and I thought it was a good trade off because the prices were much lower and there were no crowds to speak of at the sites. However, late in the season some places close early so that might be a consideration.

• 2 weeks later...

We have been lucky when we have visited in October - we have successfully avoided acqua alta on both of our October visits. Weather was perfect for us - only cloudy/raining on one day out of 5 during our most recent October visit. Best to arrive prepared - layering, rain gear, etc.

The fall is our favorite time to visit as tourist hordes are less intense than in the summer months.