How much is the corkage fee in Blu/MDR

Is there a set fee for taking your own wine into dinner?

If you bring the bottle to the restaurant, there is a $25 fee.

I have no idea what happens if you bring the bottle to the restaurant one night, pay the fee, drink 1/2, keep the bottle and return the next night to finish it. My advice, don't try this, it will confuse everyone beyond belief.

Finally, if you bring your BOTTLE to the restaurant, there is a corkage fee. If you enter the restaurant with a glass of wine in your hand, there is no fee because the assumption is that the wine came from another ship bar. Now, I would not suggest stopping at the door holding a glass of wine and asking if there is a corkage fee if you bring in the glass of your wine....but my guess is that you already figured this out :)

I found the wine selection on Blu to be limited when I was on the Infinity in July. They only had two cabs one night, the Celebrity House and another for $120.00. We retrieved our Cakebread Cellars from our cabin and enjoyed that for the $25.00 corkage fee. I don't mind paying a fee to bring your own, but felt their lack of selection prompted us to retrieve our own when we were planning on enjoying this in the cabin.

If you bring the bottle to the restaurant, there is a $25 fee.

I have no idea what happens if you bring the bottle to the restaurant one night, pay the fee, drink 1/2, keep the bottle and return the next night to finish it. My advice, don't try this, it will confuse everyone beyond belief.

If you pay the fee, just have them hold on to the bottle for the next meal (as they would any other bottle).

...I have no idea what happens if you bring the bottle to the restaurant one night, pay the fee, drink 1/2, keep the bottle and return the next night to finish it. My advice, don't try this, it will confuse everyone beyond belief...

Once you've brought a bottle to the dining room and paid the corkage it is treated just like any other bottle you've purchased there. If you don't finish it they will cork it and hold the remainder for the next evening. There would be no second charge the following night.

I found the wine selection on Blu to be limited when I was on the Infinity in July. They only had two cabs one night, the Celebrity House and another for $120.00. We retrieved our Cakebread Cellars from our cabin and enjoyed that for the $25.00 corkage fee. I don't mind paying a fee to bring your own, but felt their lack of selection prompted us to retrieve our own when we were planning on enjoying this in the cabin.

This is very different from our experience on the Eclipse last March. This surprises me as I thought the wine lists were more or less standardized across the fleet now. Last March Blu had more or less the same wine list as the main dining room and there are far more cabs than 2 on the list - probably well more than a dozen. You will also find that if the list doesn't meet your needs the sommelier can get you the wine lists from the other restaurants on board as well as a higher end reserve list. With that said, I don't think the Cakebread is offered on the ship and a bottle of that would be great and even with the $25 fee it would be a good value.

Larry,

There were several in the list, just not available per the sommelier. Maybe everyone was ordering cab that night.

not exactly an acceptable response from the sommelier....a better response might have been, I'll go to the MDR and get some for you. I doubt that the ship ran out of cab :)

On the corkage fee question I raised, I was thinking if you take the bottle to dinner, then take it back to your room (which you can do with any bottle you order) and then return with it open the next night....would there be another corkage fee. It's hypothetical....at least for us because we'd finish the bottle at dinner. Celebrity does not mark their wine bottles with a label, so they would not necessarily know that the open bottle you brought in was bought on the ship or not. It's not important...but my mind sometimes explores strange paths :)

...On the corkage fee question I raised, I was thinking if you take the bottle to dinner, then take it back to your room (which you can do with any bottle you order) and then return with it open the next night....would there be another corkage fee. It's hypothetical....at least for us because we'd finish the bottle at dinner. Celebrity does not mark their wine bottles with a label, so they would not necessarily know that the open bottle you brought in was bought on the ship or not. It's not important...but my mind sometimes explores strange paths :)

You must go through a bottle of wine way slower than us if you can envision that scenario!

Thanks to all for your replies. If we were to go one step further and possibly ask to swop out the 'free' bottle in aqua class do they also charge 'corkage' on this in addition to an upcharge. We don't mind, just wondered if they do?

Thanks to all for your replies. If we were to go one step further and possibly ask to swop out the 'free' bottle in aqua class do they also charge 'corkage' on this in addition to an upcharge. We don't mind, just wondered if they do?

Our experience is that if you take the free bottle of sparkling wine to Blu (unopened, of course), they will give you a credit of $28 towards the wine of your choice. If you want to drink it in the dining room, it is not subject to corkage fee because it was supplied by the ship.

If you don't already have wine glasses in your cabin, just ask your cabin attendant who will bring some for you.

And if the wine you have brought on board with you needs chilling, they can also provide a receptacle and ice for same, as well as the appropriate stemware for sparkling wine.

If you don't already have wine glasses in your cabin, just ask your cabin attendant who will bring some for you.

And if the wine you have brought on board with you needs chilling, they can also provide a receptacle and ice for same, as well as the appropriate stemware for sparkling wine.

Thank you.

• 2 months later...
You must go through a bottle of wine way slower than us if you can envision that scenario!

Amen, I was struggling to remember a time that we did not finish a bottle. Maybe if it was really bad stuff.

We found the wine list on Reflection to be quite good. Lots of variety and prices that were not too bad for a restaurant. They did offer Cakebread but our favorites were the Wolf Blass cabs and shiraz and the D'arenberg Custodian Grenache. Also had a nice Zin from Kunde.

Archived