Suite Upsell: Is it worth it?

CruisinPoodle

How long is your cruise and depending on what you paid for you current cabin(we don't need to know that though) is helpful in your decision.

The suite perks are really wonderful and if I were on a 7 day cruise or longer that price to me is well worth it.

Just go to the Princess website to see what the perks are.

The only danger is that once you sail in a suite you are spoiled for anything less.

Hope you make a great decision and have a great cruise.

No idea how long your cruise is but $800 can go a long way toward a bar bill, gratuities, excursions, etc. Only you can decide if it's worth the extra expense. A 28 day cruise? Go for it! A 5 day cruise? Meh...

Be sure to factor in whether or not the "Club Class" you get with a suite are worth anything extra to you. For all I know your current mini may well already be club class.

Edited by Thrak

Assuming a 7 day cruise that is $57/pp/pd. Up to you if the larger cabin, suite breakfast, mini-bar and other perks are of that value.

But I seem to recall other threads of upsells from regular balcony to full suite for a similar or lower per diem. If you call and the offer is still available, maybe make a counter-offer?

If you are not Platinum or higher the nightly cocktail/appetizer event is quite nice in whichever lounge they hold it on the ship-it varies.

I loved the premium fresh fruit bowls,free corsage/bouttonierr for formal nights and fresh flower arrangement too.

You can either use the mini bar setup provided or get a bottle of wine or some coffee cards.

FREE laundry service.

Premium bathrobes and slippers. Nicer toiletries.

Tons of storage space

Free dinner in a premium restaurant on embarkation day-which is around $20-25 per person so figure that into the "cost" to upgrade to a suite.

You can reserve dinner whenever you wish and if you want a 2 top? No problem if you are in a suite.

If this is a special birthday/anniversary/retirement cruise this is a nice way to go.

Can you tell I am spoiled?

We were just offered an upsell from our mini-suite to a deluxe suite: cat S3-S4 for $399 pp. Is this a good deal? We are sailing on the Crown.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

As others have stated....how long is the cruise and itinerary ?

We just took and upsell to a suite on a 16 day south east Asia cruise...suite benefits plus larger room ( sailing with our daughter....she is in another cabin).

Very excited about upsell!

It's only a 6 day cruise. Location could be an issue: I think I recall someone saying that some suites are not in the best areas of the ship. I called back, but the contact person was gone for the day. We are sailing with friends as well and have 3 cabins side by side. Not sure if we want to move or if the offer still stands. Someone else may have grabbed it.

It's only a 6 day cruise. Location could be an issue: I think I recall someone saying that some suites are not in the best areas of the ship. I called back, but the contact person was gone for the day. We are sailing with friends as well and have 3 cabins side by side. Not sure if we want to move or if the offer still stands. Someone else may have grabbed it.

Check to see what suites are available. You have a choice of whatever in the category is still open.

Don't let the rep TELL YOU what you're getting. You tell the rep which one you want.

If you are sailing with friends.........only you receive the suite benefits.

If you decide to spend dining time with friends, you will miss Sabatini breakfast .....I think specialty dining is on 6 days or longer cruise ........your friends would have to pay.

Still get laundry and mini bar ..........

IMHO I would stay near friends.........but you could have a big party in your room and order off the menu!

If you are not Platinum or higher the nightly cocktail/appetizer event is quite nice in whichever lounge they hold it on the ship-it varies.

I loved the premium fresh fruit bowls,free corsage/bouttonierr for formal nights and fresh flower arrangement too.

You can either use the mini bar setup provided or get a bottle of wine or some coffee cards.

FREE laundry service.

Premium bathrobes and slippers. Nicer toiletries.

Tons of storage space

Free dinner in a premium restaurant on embarkation day-which is around $20-25 per person so figure that into the "cost" to upgrade to a suite.

You can reserve dinner whenever you wish and if you want a 2 top? No problem if you are in a suite.

If this is a special birthday/anniversary/retirement cruise this is a nice way to go.

Can you tell I am spoiled?

IIRC a suite upsell qualifies for double cruise credits.

We were just offered an upsell from our mini-suite to a deluxe suite: cat S3-S4 for $399 pp. Is this a good deal? We are sailing on the Crown.

We did upsell on 14 day cruise to British Isles ( for less $$ pp) The perks were great, the space wonderful.

But make sure they don't try to give you a suite on deck 8 (no balcony).

Early morning and late night walkers and runners made alot of noise!!

Personally for 6 days it's not worth it.

Not familiar with the Crown. If it's upgraded to a FULL suite & not a "deluxe mini suite"(Club Class) I'd say that price is worth it (at least to me!). Seeing that you are traveling with friends, that makes it a bit more difficult. We did a Queens Grill suite on the QM2 a few years back. A friend of my mother traveled in an oceanview cabin. We ate in the Grills, she was in Britannia, so we didn't see her at dinner. We sneaked her into the Grills lounge & on the Grills Terrace several times. We had no issues at all. I guess it all depends on your preferences. You WILL be more spoiled in a full suite. As some mentioned, do find out the location. Noise can be an issue on some ships.

We did upsell on 14 day cruise to British Isles ( for less $$ pp) The perks were great, the space wonderful.

But make sure they don't try to give you a suite on deck 8 (no balcony).

Early morning and late night walkers and runners made alot of noise!!

Personally for 6 days it's not worth it.

I assume you are referring to your cruise on the Caribbean Princess. Were you not told at the time that your upsell offer was for a Window Suite (on Deck 5, not 8)? OP stated that their offer--which certainly is long gone have they not accepted it by now--is for a S3 Aft-facing Suite on Aloha or Caribe Deck or S4 midship on Riviera Deck.

The upsell is definitely worth the price--even for a 6 day cruise; the perks are wonderful. However, if you are traveling with friends and already have cabins together, speaking from experience, you would be better off staying close to your friends. They will not be able to partake of a lot the perks you would get. And besides, as Colo Cruiser said, if you did not jump on it right away it is probably already gone. There will always be another chance. Your next cruise book a Vista Suite instead of a mini; yes, it is more, but the Vista is a terrific value for the price.

I would try it just to check out what a suite is like.... it could ruin me. Going in a Mini suite ruined me....

Your cabin can be the meeting room, where everyone meets before dinner, or do appetizers and drinks in your cabin! Seems fun to me!

Yes you get the first night free in specialty dining, but I don't think your friends would mind joining you (even though they have to pay).

We tend to do first day specialty dining on most of our cruises anyway and when we went with friends, they gladly joined us (and paid for themselves) :)

Sounds fun!

Thanks everyone for the advice. The offer was emailed to me at 10 AM and I did not see it until 8 at night. You were right, Colo Cruiser, the suites were taken by the time I called. Oh well, maybe next time (that aft suite would have been nice though[emoji6]). Our friends are happy that we are all together!