Fruit and Cheese Options at Dessert (MDR)

TrojanJulez

No photo here but any waiter worth their salt will get what you want on that plate if it's on the ship. They learned our likes and brought it each time we requested. Hope you get some photos.

Thanks! I don’t really know what I like but would love the opportunity to try a few new cheeses. It’s nice to know that I can make requests if I find a favorite!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks! I actually had a great time reading this thread earlier! I saw the plate with cheese' date=' dried apricots, and almonds but was under the impression that that was an appetizer... was that the dessert?

DH would frequently order this for dessert in the past. There used to be a variety of cheeses offered each night, but in the last couple of years it's the same cheeses every night so he orders it less often. It used to be a good way to try cheeses he wasn't familiar with; I don't remember what they are now, but they're nothing special. Sometimes you can find a better selection in HC. He loves the walnut bread that they have with the cheeses in HC.

DH would frequently order this for dessert in the past. There used to be a variety of cheeses offered each night, but in the last couple of years it's the same cheeses every night so he orders it less often. It used to be a good way to try cheeses he wasn't familiar with; I don't remember what they are now, but they're nothing special. Sometimes you can find a better selection in HC. He loves the walnut bread that they have with the cheeses in HC.

Thank you - that helps a lot!

I order this at least once on every cruise.

Dried apricots

Walnut bread

Brie cheese

A hard cheese (don't know the name, but it's very good)

Maybe a couple of grapes

A drizzle of port wine? reduction (also tasty)

Thank you so much! Those details are just what I was hoping for!

Try this:

Request a few chunky pieces of Grana Padano cheese from your server

Pour some olive oil in a plate

Sprinkle a few drops of Balsamic Vinegar on the olive oil,

Hard crust white bread dipped in above and then place a piece of the cheese on the bread

Indulge, you'll think you've died and went to heaven!

It is literally to die for!

Try this:

Request a few chunky pieces of Grana Padano cheese from your server

Pour some olive oil in a plate

Sprinkle a few drops of Balsamic Vinegar on the olive oil,

Hard crust white bread dipped in above and then place a piece of the cheese on the bread

Indulge, you'll think you've died and went to heaven!

It is literally to die for!

That sounds amazing! Thanks for the name of the cheese, too! Do they keep the rolls/bread on the table through dessert, or do I need to snag a piece before they clean up?

Thanks! I don’t really know what I like but would love the opportunity to try a few new cheeses. It’s nice to know that I can make requests if I find a favorite!

Just request what you want, we go for Parmigiano Reggiano ( you know the cheese they used to use for the basket of Alfredo pasta in a basket {now a thing of the past}. That and a piece of Gorgonzola Dolce and Heaven comes tumbling down. Enjoy. By the way a well placed piece of green paper is always appreciated

Just request what you want, we go for Parmigiano Reggiano ( you know the cheese they used to use for the basket of Alfredo pasta in a basket {now a thing of the past}. That and a piece of Gorgonzola Dolce and Heaven comes tumbling down. Enjoy. By the way a well placed piece of green paper is always appreciated

Who would know that better than a Reverend? :D:D:Dlol....lol...lol..rofl

Please pardon my wicked sense of humor Ron the Rev, I just couldn't help myself when I read your comment.

Good idea/reminder! [emoji5]

Cheese on princess, MDR, IC and at Canapés, all seam pretty ordinary, I was hoping for at least a bit of real cheddar or brie.

Is good cheese only available from speciality restaurants ?

or do you have to ask for it as it is off menu ?

or it is different from ship to ship ?

As would love to know for our next cruise,

Cheers Don