Platinum/Diamond Party invitation is now for entire cabin

RjayB

Yes I understand that it's supposed to be a gift per Platinum, but on both cruises, we got 2 gifts. Come to think of it, we got 2 of the drink coupons on both cruises too! We could've gotten lucky twice lol. My fingers are crossed for getting lucky a third time! :D

So they gave your cabin mate Platinum drink coupons both times? Or were they Gold back then and that’s when you could still use them at Brunch before they replaced it with the bottle of water and the coupon that is to be used the last night? I have an extremely hard time believing they would have it messed up in the computer system while giving them the correct color S&S card. I’m not saying it can’t happen, just that I find it extremely unlikely. Especially twice.

So they gave your cabin mate Platinum drink coupons both times? Or were they Gold back then and that’s when you could still use them at Brunch before they replaced it with the bottle of water and the coupon that is to be used the last night? I have an extremely hard time believing they would have it messed up in the computer system while giving them the correct color S&S card. I’m not saying it can’t happen, just that I find it extremely unlikely. Especially twice.

What I'm saying is, on my BF's 1st cruise and 2nd cruise, he was given a Platinum gift along with the drink coupon, just like I was. I too found it strange. But I of course did not question/complain about it to anyone. Like I said, it could very well be a fluke (both times). I'm curious to see if it happens a 3rd time.

For some reason I don't see it as a computer issue, I just see it as someone only seeing the word "platinum" associated with our cabin and assumed that 2 platinum rewards belong in the cabin too. I see it as a human error because his Sail and Sign Cards were the color they were supposed to be.

I'm sure there are people out there that would turn the other gift and coupon in and say there was a mistake made, I just accept the luck. Especially if I know if it's not hurting anybody.

Edited by 17andacruiseaddict

I've been to many of the plat/diamond parties and have yet to be asked to see my invitation. I always bring it just in case but have never been asked for it. Seems to me anyone can just walk in if they knew what time/day it was

Personally, I was surprised when I wasn't asked for my invite at the last party because every time I went as a Gold (when Golds were allowed) I was asked for and surrendered my invite when entering.

What is being discussed in JUST about YOU!! You may not have minded going to the party alone, but what about your cruising partner left behind??? That is the discussion.....

If you're cruising partner is not a P/D and they can't be left to their own devices for 45 minutes, then don't go. :rolleyes:

There are COSTS involved. Costs in terms of numbers and money. This is specific for Platinum and Diamond qualifying members- NOT anyone else. So the thinking that oh, it won't matter if I sneak someone else in, or paint someone in a corner with my arrogant request to bring them. Yeah sure, double the numbers of the costs.

The parties already got way too big, when they had to scale it back with this program. I want my cruise price low, so wouldn't care if they were discontinued anyway. The naive thinking - it doesn't matter isn't accurate.