Platinum/Diamond Party invitation is now for entire cabin

RjayB

I’ve never seen it as a party to recognize Ds & Ps. Rather a party FOR the Ds & Ps. Much like a class reunion - the people invited are those who are part of the class, not open invitation to all so that those classmates can be recognized. I wouldn’t care if the Ps & Ds could bring a “plus one”. But perhaps they should have to pay a fee since they don’t qualify to be there. We’ve not been aboard since it was changed to P & D, but loved the change that moved it from past guest to gold, platinum and diamond. It was less chaotic, you actually could get more than one pass at the apps and drinks. I’m looking forward to our next cruise on the Horizon when we will get to go to the smaller party.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Every class reunion I’ve ever been to spouses were invited, and a big part of getting to reconnect with old friends was meeting who they are spending their life with.

Is a Birthday party only for people who were born on that day? If the invitation says Jack’s 50th Birthday do you have to be 50 and named Jack?

Yes the party is FOR Jack, but that does not mean he should not be able to share the experience with people he cares about.

Bottom line is it’s Carnival’s party and they can invite who they want. If they want to say yes to a P/D guest who wants to bring a companion - or even a family - that’s their prerogative and I’ve never seen them say no. Last week on Breeze a couple made P and their family was with them and invited for pictures as well.

You’re both making assumptions, just because it’s a party to recognize Ds and Ps does not mean they are the only ones invited.

Just what kind of baloney is this? I just got off the Glory and attended the Diamond/Plat party last Friday. As I hold the invitation in my hand I will read it to you.

"You are invited to the hottest party on the ship. Join your fellow VIFP Club members and enjoy Complimentary Drinks and Appetizers at the VIFP Diamond and Platinum Reunion."

Name of person, #stateroom, #sec.

End of story. The party is for Platinum and Diamond only. Spin it any way you want, if you're not Plat or Diamond, you ain't supposed to be there.

Just what kind of baloney is this? I just got off the Glory and attended the Diamond/Plat party last Friday. As I hold the invitation in my hand I will read it to you.

"You are invited to the hottest party on the ship. Join your fellow VIFP Club members and enjoy Complimentary Drinks and Appetizers at the VIFP Diamond and Platinum Reunion."

End of story. The party is for Platinum and Diamond only. Spin it any way you want, if you're not Plat or Diamond, you ain't supposed to be there.

Well it does say join your "fellow vifp members".

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Of all the frequently discussed topics on this board, this one gets under my skin more the most. Even though D and I are both Ps and when we travel with family who aren’t we don’t bring them.

If you’re invited to the party by Carnival you can be there. And there is nothing wrong with a D or P asking if their companion can be invited. It happens all the time and is well documented in these boards.

Those who insist to the contrary are providing bad information for selfish and shortsighted reasons.

Absolutely- it is ONLY for the P&D. Clearly stated on the perk listing as well. Posters are just making up their own excuses, claiming it's just fine bring anyone they want.

These parties are already maxed out. It is NOT that hard to get to Platinum, sail the cruiseline and add up your days. Sorry but the "poor me" I don't crusie as much- doesn't cut it. Why should there be a short cut for anyone?

These parties, cost money. Prep and clean up work is significant. It's only a matter of time before another "cut" would be in order, since there are so many who qualify. Add the freeloaders, and the numbers are even more.

Absolutely- it is ONLY for the P&D. Clearly stated on the perk listing as well. Posters are just making up their own excuses, claiming it's just fine bring anyone they want.

These parties are already maxed out. It is NOT that hard to get to Platinum, sail the cruiseline and add up your days. Sorry but the "poor me" I don't crusie as much- doesn't cut it. Why should there be a short cut for anyone?

These parties, cost money. Prep and clean up work is significant. It's only a matter of time before another "cut" would be in order, since there are so many who qualify. Add the freeloaders, and the numbers are even more.

If the party is ONLY for PDs how do you explain an entire family being invited to see a couple make D on Breeze last week? The whole clan came up for the picture and the CD interviewed them, a couple were first timers and the CD reacted in Mock Horror, and then picked fun at people who react like you do to this issue.

Nobody is saying non P/Ds should just invite themselves for no reason or because of some straw-man hardship argument you present. Non P/Ds are invited when it will make a P/Ds experience more enjoyable or comfortable.

I would also like to add, when we were on Vista for the TA, I called to accept invitation for my husband and myself to the diamond party. We were specifically asked how many would bejoining us? I asked if we were each allowed to bring a guest and the answer was of course.

Pat

Anyone who has cruised more than once knows that the staff is taught to " never " say or do anything that upsets the guest. Of course they will say " sure " if asked if it is ok to bring someone. Could you imagine the scene if they said otherwise, or the complaining on here.

From the Conquest Nov 5th 2017 sailing: The platinum/diamond invitations are no longer per person. The invitation is addressed to the cabin number, and everyone in the cabin is invited regardless of individual status.

I didnt see this mentioned anywhere else, have any recent platinum/diamond cruisers seen this on any other ships?

Our invites were by name and cabin. My wife and I each received an invite as we are both platinum. They did not say others in the room were allowed to use it.

If the party is ONLY for PDs how do you explain an entire family being invited to see a couple make D on Breeze last week? The whole clan came up for the picture and the CD interviewed them, a couple were first timers and the CD reacted in Mock Horror, and then picked fun at people who react like you do to this issue.

Nobody is saying non P/Ds should just invite themselves for no reason or because of some straw-man hardship argument you present. Non P/Ds are invited when it will make a P/Ds experience more enjoyable or comfortable.

Diamond parties are totally separate, along with a separate invitation. Diamonds are still in the lower numbers on most crusies, so the party is "special". RSVP is asked with guests. This isn't the case with Platinum's- which are thousands and hundreds on most every cruise. Not so "special".

Diamond parties are totally separate, along with a separate invitation. Diamonds are still in the lower numbers on most crusies, so the party is "special". RSVP is asked with guests. This isn't the case with Platinum's- which are thousands and hundreds on most every cruise. Not so "special".

This was at the PD party.

The cost for these parties are calculated with any XX spend per guest so when the party gets diluted by freeloaders, they cut back on food and drink. That is why the Diamond with Invited Guest (1) is a nicer affair.

Of all the frequently discussed topics on this board, this one gets under my skin more the most. Even though D and I are both Ps and when we travel with family who aren’t we don’t bring them.

If you’re invited to the party by Carnival you can be there. And there is nothing wrong with a D or P asking if their companion can be invited. It happens all the time and is well documented in these boards.

Those who insist to the contrary are providing bad information for selfish and shortsighted reasons.

Technically there's nothing wrong with begging on the street for money either but it still irritates the hell out of me and, IMO, should not be done. If you get an invitation, you're invited. If you don't get an invitation, your'e not invited. How does it get an easier than that? If someone is going to beg they might as well start begging from John Heald as he gives out gifts to the squeaky wheels as well.

There is a huge difference between as you say asking (begging) to bring someone extra and getting approval to do so versus someone starting a thread which claims everyone in the cabin with a Plat or Diamond is now welcome to the party......aka "fake news".

Beggars. And Carnival being too polite to tell them to bugger off.

Beggars. And Carnival being too polite to tell them to bugger off.

We all ask for things outside the norm. Whether it’s a 2nd Lobster, a spare key card, extra towels or whatever. Carnival meets those requests out of politeness as well.

So the OP clarified that both people in their cabin were Platinum and (just one couple they talked to-great census btw lol) another was Platinum and Diamond.

Nothing about that states ,"everybody in the cabin no matter the status is allowed to the Diamond/Platinum Party". EVERYBODY mentioned in the example is Diamond or Platinum lol

There are people who will ready the OP's first post, walk away from the boards, go on their cruise, and start demanding that their cabin mate get an invitation even if the aren't Platinum or Diamond lol

With that being said, it's still possible to get the person you are sailing with in the party lbs. I am Platinum and on my boyfriend's second cruise, I showed my invitation and he was right behind me. No one questioned him.

Now this could've been a fluke (we were on the Breeze). It could be common practice.

Hey, only one way to find out! We will be trying this again on our upcoming August Vista cruise. If they stop him, the plan is that I try to walk out with at least 4 drinks. If I get stopped, well, I tried lol.

Guess I have to laugh at the spin some people will push just to get a free drink. If someone needs a free drink that bad, let me know as I don't drink and will bring mine out to someone. :rolleyes:

We get Cheers every cruise so I'm not too worried about that free drink, but I'm sure you could find someone that would take it. Then you can listen to everyone on here say how you are stealing from Carnival. :rolleyes:

Guess I have to laugh at the spin some people will push just to get a free drink. If someone needs a free drink that bad, let me know as I don't drink and will bring mine out to someone. :rolleyes:

Pssshhhh! I'm not above FREE drinks. I just love free things anyway. If I wasn't already Platinum, I'd have you bring them out for me lol

We all ask for things outside the norm. Whether it’s a 2nd Lobster, a spare key card, extra towels or whatever. Carnival meets those requests out of politeness as well.

I don't believe asking for a second lobster violates Carnival's written policy. Bringing unauthorized people to a party meant for certain people does. World of difference. :rolleyes:

I don't believe asking for a second lobster violates Carnival's written policy. Bringing unauthorized people to a party meant for certain people does. World of difference. :rolleyes:

Please provide a link to the written policy you cite. (And please don’t quote your invitation again - it’s an invitation not a policy). I agree the OP was incorrect in thinking that one invitation with just a room number meant everyone in every cabin on every ship with a P or D in it is invited. However; if a P or D asks if bringing a companion is ok and Carnival says yes, that person is authorized. Are you saying the CDs are violating this policy when they say yes?

The lifeblood of this site is cruisers coming here to find out how to make the most of their cruising experience.

We routinely advise how to work around age requirements in a cabin, get more than 15 drinks when on Cheers, how to handle delayed embarkation notices and scores of other issues where experienced cruisers have found ways to get what they want within policies.

Again, I’d love to see that written policy you cite. I’d bet if there is a written policy for the party hosts to follow, it gives them discretion to invite non PD companions of PDs if asked to do so (because that’s what they do).

So the OP clarified that both people in their cabin were Platinum and (just one couple they talked to-great census btw lol) another was Platinum and Diamond.

Nothing about that states ,"everybody in the cabin no matter the status is allowed to the Diamond/Platinum Party". EVERYBODY mentioned in the example is Diamond or Platinum lol

There are people who will ready the OP's first post, walk away from the boards, go on their cruise, and start demanding that their cabin mate get an invitation even if the aren't Platinum or Diamond lol

With that being said, it's still possible to get the person you are sailing with in the party lbs. I am Platinum and on my boyfriend's second cruise, I showed my invitation and he was right behind me. No one questioned him.

Now this could've been a fluke (we were on the Breeze). It could be common practice.

Hey, only one way to find out! We will be trying this again on our upcoming August Vista cruise. If they stop him, the plan is that I try to walk out with at least 4 drinks. If I get stopped, well, I tried lol.

Getting away with something or putting crew in a forced confrontation is not being invited so by your own behavior, you are in no position to criticize others who are also rude enough to invite themselves into an event they are not invited.

I've been to many of the plat/diamond parties and have yet to be asked to see my invitation. I always bring it just in case but have never been asked for it. Seems to me anyone can just walk in if they knew what time/day it was