Platinum/Diamond Party invitation is now for entire cabin

RjayB

I've been to many of the plat/diamond parties and have yet to be asked to see my invitation. I always bring it just in case but have never been asked for it. Seems to me anyone can just walk in if they knew what time/day it was

th?id=OIP.p7sLtYPuDesboykJchhrlgD6D6&w=211&h=208&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&dpr=1.25&pid=1.7This being an:Dther well known fact .

Just want to provide you with some information.

On Facebook, this question was asked to John Heald and this is what he said:

John Heald

Name: Jay-------

Message: The boards on cruise critic are saying that the invitations to the platinum/diamond party are no longer per person. The invitations are addressed to the cabin number, and everyone in the cabin is invited regardless of individual status. Is this true or false !!

--------------------------------------------------

... It is false Jay and I thought I had best post this here because it is important to know. The rules are that the party is only for guests who hold a platinum and diamond card so that we can keep it a unique event for them.

Cheers

Just want to provide you with some information.

On Facebook, this question was asked to John Heald and this is what he said:

John Heald

Name: Jay-------

Message: The boards on cruise critic are saying that the invitations to the platinum/diamond party are no longer per person. The invitations are addressed to the cabin number, and everyone in the cabin is invited regardless of individual status. Is this true or false !!

--------------------------------------------------

... It is false Jay and I thought I had best post this here because it is important to know. The rules are that the party is only for guests who hold a platinum and diamond card so that we can keep it a unique event for them.

Cheers

Who is John Heald ? And why did Jay bother running a parade of misinformation to him ? It's a discussion, not an evolution. :D

Getting away with something or putting crew in a forced confrontation is not being invited so by your own behavior, you are in no position to criticize others who are also rude enough to invite themselves into an event they are not invited.

Nope. Reread what I wrote. Never said that my boyfriend was invited. I brought him along because, hey, who wants to go alone?

Also, I did not criticize the OP for bringing the other person in the cabin (because, obviously, I do it too as you already read). I was just saying there is no proof that everybody in the cabin is invited if only one person is Platinum or Diamond.

I was pretty much saying that the OP probably shouldn't state that as fact or everybody and their mama will start demanding this and it isn't necessarily true. And yes, that would be rude.

Oh, and one more thing, I'm just curious, you don't have to answer if you don't want to. I just want to know, does it really do something for you to try to teach somebody a lesson? I mean, it does for me, I'm a teacher, so yeah, I get a thrill out of enlightening minds. But your condescending tone in your writing just gave me the impression that talking down to somebody kind of fulfills you in some way. If it does, hey, do what makes you happy Boo! :)

Please provide a link to the written policy you cite. (And please don’t quote your invitation again - it’s an invitation not a policy). I agree the OP was incorrect in thinking that one invitation with just a room number meant everyone in every cabin on every ship with a P or D in it is invited. However; if a P or D asks if bringing a companion is ok and Carnival says yes, that person is authorized. Are you saying the CDs are violating this policy when they say yes?

The lifeblood of this site is cruisers coming here to find out how to make the most of their cruising experience.

We routinely advise how to work around age requirements in a cabin, get more than 15 drinks when on Cheers, how to handle delayed embarkation notices and scores of other issues where experienced cruisers have found ways to get what they want within policies.

Again, I’d love to see that written policy you cite. I’d bet if there is a written policy for the party hosts to follow, it gives them discretion to invite non PD companions of PDs if asked to do so (because that’s what they do).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I totally agree with all of this. If people aren't trying to bring in multiple people, I see no problem with bring a companion. If a staff member stopped us and told us no, we would have no problem doing as we are told.

I can't believe so many people care about this party. If the drinks are like they were back when gold guests were included they are not good and just give you heartburn. And who really wants to go on a vacay with their spouse or friend just to ditch them for a free cocktail.

Never said that my boyfriend was invited. I brought him along because, hey, who wants to go alone?

But if they aren’t invited, why would you bring them (besides the fact that you didn’t want to go alone)? They weren’t invited so they shouldn’t be there.

I get the whole solo thing, I really do because I frequently go by myself. If the person I am traveling with either in the same cabin or in another aren’t invited via invitation, or mine doesn’t say “and Guest” or “+1” then that means only I am invited. So I can either go by myself which I do, or not go. It’s not like a birthday party, graduation, wedding, etc as it’s less than an hour and doesn’t involve traveling anywhere besides to a lounge on the ship. Plus you don’t need to bring a gift [emoji3]!

I can't believe so many people care about this party. If the drinks are like they were back when gold guests were included they are not good and just give you heartburn. And who really wants to go on a vacay with their spouse or friend just to ditch them for a free cocktail.

Now that there are less people it’s better. You can order what you want from the bar if you’re not happy with the premade drinks or get a bottle/can of beer. And I will say that my 2 Kiss on the Lips that I had were pretty strong. Maybe a tip ahead of time to get her to bring me 2 had something to do with it? Not sure. But at least I didn’t have to wait [emoji3].

I don’t mind going by myself to the party. Now if Carnival officially invites them, I would happily bring them with. However, since that’s not the case, I have a perfectly good time solo. It’s not a very long party anyway. We can all survive just fine by ourselves for 30-45 min.

Well like I said, If somebody stops him, I'll just bring out drinks, if I can't then we both won't go. Simple as that. Hey Carnival can afford to give him some of the free drinks they already planned on giving out lol.

On a similar note, we've also noticed that both of us get the gift delivered to our cabin, when I'm the only one who is Platinum.... So my logic is, Carnival clearly doesn't want to make the other person in the room feel bad for not getting what the other person gets so I might as will keep it up by getting him free drinks too lol. I'm just following CCL's lead haha

Now that there are less people it’s better. You can order what you want from the bar if you’re not happy with the premade drinks or get a bottle/can of beer. And I will say that my 2 Kiss on the Lips that I had were pretty strong. Maybe a tip ahead of time to get her to bring me 2 had something to do with it? Not sure. But at least I didn’t have to wait [emoji3].

I don’t mind going by myself to the party. Now if Carnival officially invites them, I would happily bring them with. However, since that’s not the case, I have a perfectly good time solo. It’s not a very long party anyway. We can all survive just fine by ourselves for 30-45 min.

Yeah, the drinks are definitely strong. But for at least 10 years, as far as I've known, you could always order other drinks if you wanted something different.

Anywho, I don't agree with this part. I think I'll die of loneliness for those 30-45 mins lol

Edited by 17andacruiseaddict

On a similar note, we've also noticed that both of us get the gift delivered to our cabin, when I'm the only one who is Platinum.... So my logic is, Carnival clearly doesn't want to make the other person in the room feel bad for not getting what the other person gets so I might as will keep it up by getting him free drinks too lol. I'm just following CCL's lead haha

On my Vista cruise in March, I was Platinum and my mom was Gold. I only got one Tervis Tumbler, and one plate of chocolate covered strawberries.

For your information JH said this morning party is only for the platinum/diamond member.

Yes and for the last time, it is only for those who have the Platinum or Diamond Card only, no guests, wife, husband, companion, cabin mate or any others, yes many bring someone with them, sometimes they succeed and other times they are turned away, I wish Carnival did a better job at the door checking the invitation cards and stopping the rule breakers.

Yes and for the last time, it is only for those who have the Platinum or Diamond Card only, no guests, wife, husband, companion, cabin mate or any others, yes many bring someone with them, sometimes they succeed and other times they are turned away, I wish Carnival did a better job at the door checking the invitation cards and stopping the rule breakers.

Interesting that on the ships nobody seems to care. Last cruise in Sept did Journey cruise and lots of plats and diamonds. Nobody bothered to check invitations at either party.

Interesting that on the ships nobody seems to care. Last cruise in Sept did Journey cruise and lots of plats and diamonds. Nobody bothered to check invitations at either party.

Just like I said, "Carnival needs to do a better job of checking the invitations at the door"

We just did the Panama Canal Partial Transit on the Freedom 3 weeks ago. Diamond cruise for us. Got two invitations for us in the Cabin, one for each of us with our name on it. There were over 1200 Platinums and 180 Diamonds on the ship. There were two different D/P parties on the same day in the Theatre and we got invited to one of those. We did not go since it appeared that it could be like the old parties we stopped attending years ago when the cattle calls were the approach. We got two of every gift in the cabin. And we had a great Diamond lunch in the Chic Dining room one day. And that included all drinks and wine.

Doesn’t bother me any leaving my non Platinum cruising companion behind. Just did it last month matter of fact. It’s less than an hour long and it’s no big deal to be on my own for that short amount of time.

What is being discussed in JUST about YOU!! You may not have minded going to the party alone, but what about your cruising partner left behind??? That is the discussion.....

We were on the Magic in November, my DH and myself each received an individual invite with our names on it and my DS who is Gold did not receive an invite. However, we took him with us and had no problem...they never even glanced at the invites as well all walked in!!

What is being discussed in JUST about YOU!! You may not have minded going to the party alone, but what about your cruising partner left behind??? That is the discussion.....

They are perfectly fine with it. If they want to go to the party and aren’t invited (which IS the case), then they should cruise more and EARN it just like I did! And if they would cause such a stink to make it an issue, then I can guar-an-dang tee ya they wouldn’t be my cabin mate!

And I believe more people are complaining that they didn’t want to go to the party alone vs are worried about their cabin mate being so sad and depressed that they can’t attend a little get together for 30 minutes.

On my Vista cruise in March, I was Platinum and my mom was Gold. I only got one Tervis Tumbler, and one plate of chocolate covered strawberries.

See I figured they would only give us 1 too, but they gave us 2 gift on our first cruise together back in 2013 and 2 gifts on our last cruise together in 2015. But time they still brought 1 plate (but I think that's the norm anyway)

I usually cruise with my mom. Since we are both Platinum, they gave 2 gifts but when cruising with the bf, I was shocked they still gave 2.

Ah well, we shall see what happens in August

See I figured they would only give us 1 too, but they gave us 2 gift on our first cruise together back in 2013 and 2 gifts on our last cruise together in 2015. But time they still brought 1 plate (but I think that's the norm anyway)

I usually cruise with my mom. Since we are both Platinum, they gave 2 gifts but when cruising with the bf, I was shocked they still gave 2.

Ah well, we shall see what happens in August

If there are 2 Platinums then yes they would get 2 gifts if in the same cabin. I think BF just got lucky as he wasn’t supposed to get one. Maybe the RS wasn’t paying that close of attention that only you were Platinum and out of habit put out 2 gifts. I’m betting only you got the Brunch drink coupon though, right?

If there are 2 Platinums then yes they would get 2 gifts if in the same cabin. I think BF just got lucky as he wasn’t supposed to get one. Maybe the RS wasn’t paying that close of attention that only you were Platinum and out of habit put out 2 gifts. I’m betting only you got the Brunch drink coupon though, right?

Yes I understand that it's supposed to be a gift per Platinum, but on both cruises, we got 2 gifts. Come to think of it, we got 2 of the drink coupons on both cruises too! We could've gotten lucky twice lol. My fingers are crossed for getting lucky a third time! :D