Air2Sea vs. EZair = NO CONTEST

Bob, our last International flight was March 2014 when we flew Non Stop, LAX to Sydney, Australia, it was still high but compared to the airlines which wanted close to $2,000 PP we got our flight for $841,91 PP on choice Air as it was called then. i will check with E 2 Air when the flights open for our Boston to Copenhagen and see if i can book it online. Total price as of yesterday for us is showing at $772 Total. We will do the RT ticket from Palm springs to Boston ( AA ) returning Sept 11, 2017 and home by 6 PM.

Gay

Edited by Desert Cruizers

Just to clarify: RCCL's program is Air2Sea and Princess's is EZair. I can't speak for Air2Sea as I have never booked a flight through them. In the past, we always booked two transatlantics, one in the spring and one in the fall, so we could book round-trip tickets. With the advent of the cruise air programs, that isn't necessary. We have now used EZair twice and it's fantastic.

An example: we are booked this fall Syracuse to FCO, board the ship for our cruise then fly FLL to SYR at the end. We are flying over three days early to do some excursing around Rome. When we first booked, the price was $872.00 and now we are paying $564.00 after two price drops. There was anther price drop just recently down to $437.26 but we like our flights (Delta) and connections so much we didn't change. It has since gone up to $632.00.

No problem changing and no problem booking the whole trip as on itinerary. Until Air2Sea can match that, they still need some work to catch up to EZair.

Harry

You just reminded me, unless they have changed the ruling, when booking a 1 way you need to call, the online booking won't let you book 1 way it is set up for Round Trip.

You can book Round Trip, One Way and Multi-Destination on-line. You do not have to call.

We booked all of our reservations through air2sea for our fall TA on Harmony. I found that if you separate the bookings to both one way, the prices are much more reasonable. Not sure why this is, but the price went from around $2500 to about $800 this way. There were also more flights available and this went to the smaller regional airports where flights were more expensive.

Good luck.

Nancy

Thank you for your reply. I am so used to booking my entire air itinerary through EZair that it didn't occur to me to book only the Barcelona to JFK leg through Air2Sea. I went back and did a mock-booking for just that portion and the rate was very good. I guess I'll have to book the remainder directly through the airlines or as a second itinerary through Air2Sea. A bit of a pain but certainly doable. Thanks again for steering me in the right direction.

Harry

Also look at the cost of a one way BCN to SYR using Air 2Sea. We've flown several times between BUF and BCN one way for our TA cruises using Air2Sea and Choice Air to book and the price wasn't that much higher that doing so out of or back to the NYC area. Then book the domestic one way flight, SYR to FLL, separately.

Also look at doing this using ROC or BUF airports in order to use Southwest Airlines to get to FLL. I included BUF as it isn't that much further west, about a hour, than going out of ROC airport and Southwest offer more flights from there, some of which are non stop to FLL. We done this many times for domestic flight to, from our cruises.

We plan to make similar air arrangements to get to, from our October TA on Brilliance.

Edited by robtulipe

We booked all of our reservations through air2sea for our fall TA on Harmony. I found that if you separate the bookings to both one way, the prices are much more reasonable. Not sure why this is, but the price went from around $2500 to about $800 this way. There were also more flights available and this went to the smaller regional airports where flights were more expensive.

Good luck.

Nancy

I've seen exactly the same on Air2Sea for the air to our TA cruises. Definitely cheaper with better choices to book overseas and domestic flights separately.

Edited by robtulipe

Patti that is good to know, when I booked our Australia flights two years ago it would let me book a 1 Way, I had to call.

Gay

Gay, on the Search Flights Page it shows

* Type of Flight : Round-Trip..... One-Way..... Multi-Destination

This is true for doing an actual booking or just doing a search.

Edited by cruisenfever

Patti, when I was looking for flights our of LAX for our TA next Aug to get an idea on routes it wouldn't give me a Non Stop for the day we plan to fly out, so changed to out of Boston and got Non stop an very good price using E to air. We will fly Domstic Round trip out of Palm Springs to Boston and get the 9:30 FLT out for Copenhagen. Coming home we get the Noon flight out of Boston via DFW and be home by 6 PM if nothing changes.

Gay

Patti, when I was looking for flights our of LAX for our TA next Aug to get an idea on routes it wouldn't give me a Non Stop for the day we plan to fly out, so changed to out of Boston and got Non stop an very good price using E to air. We will fly Domstic Round trip out of Palm Springs to Boston and get the 9:30 FLT out for Copenhagen. Coming home we get the Noon flight out of Boston via DFW and be home by 6 PM if nothing changes.

Gay

I'm a little off topic with another airline but.......

Take a look at Norwegian Airlines for non stop flights from LAX to CPH at a very very attractive price. Use the calendar view as the non stop flights are not daily and will show you which ones are. Their non stop flights uses Dreamliners. Before Norwegian started these flights recently we always used A2S for CPH

Edited by CruisesOnMyMind

Yeah, I get the one way thing. Looks as if I'll use Air2Sea for the BCN to SYR flight. Then Jet Blue or Allegiant Air for the SYR to FLL flight. Still prefer EZair one step booking and the fact that you can change flights at no cost if there is a price drop. Come on Air2Sea, get with the program.

Harry

Afternoon Cruisesonmymind, LAX is some 2 + hours from us and it would mean a 1 way car rental then 1 way flight from Boston back to Palm Springs. I checked that possibility out, but the problem for us, leaving on a Tuesday, there was no Non stop Flights to Copenahgen from LAX on that day and the overall cost was a great deal more. In my latest search, I found it less expensive to do a Round Trip from Palm Springs to Boston arriving around 6 PM, catching the 9:30 PM flight to Copenhagen arriving at 10:30 AM. Our return home from Boston from the TA leaves at Noon and home by 6 PM. Overall cost far less expensive.

I also looked at Norwegian Air and compared it to E 2 Air and very competitive at $772 for two on the 1 way to Copenhagen

• 1 year later...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but just had a few questions. I found flight for my summer cruise out of Barcelona a few hundred dollars cheaper per person on air 2 sea than on airline websites. Is the one way trick only helpful when flying into one city and out of another or any international flight?

Also the flight says "non-refundable" but I guess pretty much all air fare is non refundable unless you get business class or something extra. Just never booked air from a third party and a little worried. Thanks all!

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but just had a few questions. I found flight for my summer cruise out of Barcelona a few hundred dollars cheaper per person on air 2 sea than on airline websites. Is the one way trick only helpful when flying into one city and out of another or any international flight?

Also the flight says "non-refundable" but I guess pretty much all air fare is non refundable unless you get business class or something extra. Just never booked air from a third party and a little worried. Thanks all!

I believe you would save money on any international flight with Air2Sea, but we find the most savings on the one-way international flights.

It may just be the way the online system is set up ... looking up open jaw return trips on RCI's site may not specifically search their consolidator tickets and instead returned the actual price you would have to pay for a one-way international ticket through the airline.

We booked all of our reservations through air2sea for our fall TA on Harmony. I found that if you separate the bookings to both one way, the prices are much more reasonable. Not sure why this is,

Part of the issue with an open jaw (multi city) ticket may be that to get true open jaw pricing, typically the unflown leg must be the shortest of the the 3. In the OP's case the 3 legs are SYR-FLL, FLL-BCN and BCN-SYR. Obviously FLL-BCN is the unflown leg because that's where they are doing a transatlantic cruise. Problem is, it's not the shortest leg; that would be SYR-FLL. Perhaps Air2Sea's software isn't set up to automatically price it instead as 2 one ways and EZAir's is; hence the big difference in the price originally quoted.

I use multiple sites to find flights going to my destination, such as Google Flights, Skiplagged, and each airline website. On a recent cruise leaving out San Juan, Air2Sea did not have the flight I wanted on their website. I called them and gave them the flight number, they looked it up and added to their system. I booked it over the phone with them and got a better price than what I was seeing online for other flights to San Juan.