world cruise

JJV jr

Hello All

We will be taking the Princess world cruise in 2018, wondering if someone has information on how it is to do 100+ day on board ship. I am sure that will generate more questions from us.

Thank you

Is there a roll call for your cruise? Maybe you can get some answers there. I would suggest researching every port and make a plan so you can make the most of your epic journey. Perhaps in a note book or travel journal. Enjoy your cruise, we are all jealous.

I am sure you are aware that there is a "world cruise" section on the CC boards. Enjoy.

It is the OP's first post. There is no need to be snarky with the "I am sure you are aware" comment. Good for you that you know. What makes you so sure they would know? Be an adult and give OP the information how to get there instead of being superior. I just don't get the rudeness on CC lately.

It is the OP's first post. There is no need to be snarky with the "I am sure you are aware" comment. Good for you that you know. What makes you so sure they would know? Be an adult and give OP the information how to get there instead of being superior. I just don't get the rudeness on CC lately.

Wow. I'm with you on this. Why not just welcome the guy and offer assistance rather than being snarky. Ah, well. Hopefully the OP won't get a terrible impression of CC.

Hello All

We will be taking the Princess world cruise in 2018, wondering if someone has information on how it is to do 100+ day on board ship. I am sure that will generate more questions from us.

Thank you

Below are the two roll call sites for the 2018 Princess world cruises. A good place to start your planning is to read through the postings for your ship. Most times both port and sea day activities are planned. It is an excellent place to meet your fellow passengers pre-cruise, and to ask questions. Enjoy your cruise.

Pacific Princess January 2018

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2466826

Sea Princess June 2018

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2421201

My husband and I did the World Cruise in 2015 on the Pacific Princess. While not new to cruising, our head was splitting with questions and what ifs etc. we read the blogs that other people have recommended and got a wealth of information for how to handle land issues as well as at sea how to make your cabin a tight little home.

Have a fabulous trip . We are hoping to do it again and are watching itineraries.

We did the 180 world cruise last year on Oceania. The ship is the exact same design as the Pacific Princess. There was around 200 passengers doing the full voyage and the rest doing segments. The trip was wonderful and even though it was 6 months, it seemed to go by quickly. It is hard after a long voyage to do 7 day trips after that as they would seem too be short.

The meus will repeat every couple weeks but there is enough options. To do a full trip around the world in 110 days Princess has a high ratio of sea days to port days so you need to be able to enjoy those. The ship will have activities available on the sea days. There will be a range of guest entertainers and lectures. I'm not 100% sure but I believe Princess repeats the production shows each segment.

Take time to research the ports you have not been to before. Ship organized tours offer some benefits but private tours are more personalized and cheaper. Besides the world cruise section here on CC, there is also a port of call section with lots of post from other cruisers about what to do in each port.

If you are going on the Pacific Princess it would be good to read some reviews on it. It is a smaller ship with only 1 entertainment area. I have cruised on the Pacific Princess. The biggest down side to me is the main dinning room is fixed dining time only with 2 seating's- not sure why as Oceania with the same designed dinning room/kitchen allows anytime dining.