Havana rooms.....any stories/advice.....?

Qstrom

So a group of couples is considering sailing Carnival again just to experience the new Havana area on the new ships. Looking at the Vista reviews, most are not very good saying there are not enough bartenders and servers, one couple we ran into had just left the Vista last month boarding the Crown Princess were not happy at all. Well the next ones are coming out and we could book an inside Havana room for a reasonable price and have access to this exclusive area if people are saying good things. Does anyone have some first hand knowledge of this.....? Thank you......

So a group of couples is considering sailing Carnival again just to experience the new Havana area on the new ships. Looking at the Vista reviews, most are not very good saying there are not enough bartenders and servers, one couple we ran into had just left the Vista last month boarding the Crown Princess were not happy at all. Well the next ones are coming out and we could book an inside Havana room for a reasonable price and have access to this exclusive area if people are saying good things. Does anyone have some first hand knowledge of this.....? Thank you......

I would love to hear responses as well. We were on the Vista last summer and checked out the Havana area one evening. LOVED it! There was only one gentleman and us the whole time. We booked a Havana balcony on the Horizon first chance we got.

I will say from our view walking by, I would not get a Havana Cabana. Sure, you have a larger personal seating area...where everyone walks by and looks at you. Also, you sacrifice the ocean view- you are across the walkway from the o San and have too look through the tall glass wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were in the Havana area on the Vista in July and loved it! I wouldn’t want to sail on that class of ship without having a Havana room. It was never crowded, there were always seats available, and there were a few times we had the pool or a hot tub all to ourselves.

The bartenders we had were great. There were usually two working and we never had a long wait for drinks. There are no servers walking around taking drink orders, so you do have to go to the bar. But on our last few cruises we hardly saw any servers on the Lido deck either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had a Havana Cabana and I will never waste my money having the lanai again. It isn't private at all and a group was in the next 3 cabins and were out early or late. Plus the slider is not privacy glass so we had our curtains closed quite a bit. We now only do interiors. Love going to the bar in the morning for coffee and a little snack. The pool area during the day was pretty quiet and it is a million times better than the serenity decks where you have to get up at 5am to get a spot! We rarely heard the music in the bar and we used the hot tubs at night and weren't really crowded.

I also would like to try the Havana stateroom. Looking at the horizon next July in an inside cabin. In the summer on a newer ship I said I would rather pay for that than to be in a crowded area. As another poster stated about the cabana cabin it doesn’t offer a lot of privacy.

what is so special about the havana area please ?

Only people in a Havana Cabin can access the pool area and outside of the Havana Bar, until 7pm (when anyone over age of 12 can use the area) No guests under the age of 12yrs can stay in the Havana cabins either.

We had an Aft-wrap on deck 7 that was a Havana room last summer. We loved hanging out by the pool during the day. The bartenders get to know you. Also, it seemed everyone back there was "cruise people". It was nice chatting a talking about all the other cruises we've all been on.

Loved the Havana Area. We had an extended aft balcony on Deck 7. Area was never crowded money well spent to be be able to use a pool and hot tubs and not have to fight kids for it. Never heard any noise. Next year we could only get the aft on deck 6 so we were advised at booking that there could be noise from the bar/band area below.

We loved the Havana Cabana cabins on the Vista! Loved the outdoor pool/hot tub/bar area. We were on the 11 day Vista Repositioning cruise and didn't want to leave! We had a great time and missed seeing a lot of the ship because we stayed in the Havana area so much!! If you're traveling with friends this is a great area to be in!