Specialty dining w kids

Hllb

Thanks guys. I’m assuming no lactose free milk? One of my kids has to drink that (my youngest) so he tends to get juice instead.

There is soy milk available if he will drink that. Be sure to inform the special needs desk before sailing so you won't have issues with sauces etc. might might contain milk.

There is soy milk available if he will drink that. Be sure to inform the special needs desk before sailing so you won't have issues with sauces etc. might might contain milk.

Thanks! He usually does ok with cheese, yogurt, and butter. Just the straight milk is an issue.

OP says two are teens. From our experience teens have very little interest in eating off the kids menu.

Thanks, I totally missed that. Of course teens would enjoy eating at specialty dining rooms. I just have witnessed so many families with kids under about 8 eating in restaurants like Le Bistro and Cagney's. Often the kids fall asleep before dinner is over or mom and dad have to take turns going out of the restaurant with little ones.

Let me add, when I asked op about the ages, she had not mentioned them at all.

My kids will be 9, 14, and 15 so not too concerned about the atmosphere of the restaurants. I did debate about the specialty meals, but the other option was a $50 excursion credit per port and I’m not sure we’d book through the ship.

I thought I’d read that if adults have the UBP, kids were required to have the pop plan so you couldn’t share the UBC. Is that not correct?

Children 12 and under can order from the childs menu for free. I am not sure what is on the childrens menu.

I just have witnessed so many families with kids under about 8 eating in restaurants like Le Bistro and Cagney's. Often the kids fall asleep before dinner is over or mom and dad have to take turns going out of the restaurant with little ones.

On our last cruise our triplets were 7, so on our specialty dining nights we took them to the buffet for an early dinner and then brought them to Splash Academy and then went to our dinner reservations. This worked out really well for all involved.

This year they will be 9 and we will likely follow a similar routine.

Some kids can be picky. But look at menu options, not just as apps or entree either. Don't see anything that sounds good as an app then check the entree. You can ask for app sized portion. Or the other way. Nothing looks good as an entree, then look at apps. They can make entree sized portions.

Don't be afraid to ask them questions.

As for the price. Well depends. My 14yo can eat and he loves trying new things depending (doubt he'll ever do the snails lol).

If you have the package as perk or purchase you get 1 entree included but can have whatever for apps and desserts.

Without the package you'll pay for those cost options.

Don't forget the gratuity added on to the package or the individual items when looking at costs.

Some kids can be picky. But look at menu options, not just as apps or entree either. Don't see anything that sounds good as an app then check the entree. You can ask for app sized portion. Or the other way. Nothing looks good as an entree, then look at apps. They can make entree sized portions.

Don't be afraid to ask them questions.

As for the price. Well depends. My 14yo can eat and he loves trying new things depending (doubt he'll ever do the snails lol).

If you have the package as perk or purchase you get 1 entree included but can have whatever for apps and desserts.

Without the package you'll pay for those cost options.

Don't forget the gratuity added on to the package or the individual items when looking at costs.

Ds15 and ds19 discovered escargot on the BA four years ago, always order two each.