Price protection works!

Quilcruisers

In case anyone is wondering, price protection works and works well. I submitted a claim form last night and got price protection in the form of obc on two of my three rooms. On interior room with 4 people, I applied for and got 360 back , ocean view room for 3 people, I got 112 back and the balcony cabin for 3 did not qualify. Super quick, I filled out the forms last night and had responses this morning in email. I am super excited. This is the thanksgiving day cruise from Galveston. I used carnival fare viewer and filled out the online form. The 360 credit was applied immediately, the other credit for 112 was not applied until later today and the balcony request was rejected last night shortly after submission. Another thing is the interior cabin lost the cabin assignment, but we don't care , the room will be assigned at a later time. We are not concerned about room locations for this cruise. Just wanted to share in case someone was wondering.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I submitted my form 2 days ago and haven't heard back at all. Should I send in another one?

It's quicker if you call Carnival direct (assuming you booked thru them). Takes maybe 5 minutes and your email is there sometimes before you hang up.

Sending in the form someone has to see the email, then check the pricing, then email back. Way too many steps.

Congrats!!! Just had Price Protection results myself last night- so happy. Submitted last night for $100 ($50pp) on our post-Thanksgiving cruise on Conquest, and actually got $200- there was an additional qualifying element that I didn't catch. Up to $250 OBC now, and we are thrilled!

Where do you find the price protection form?

I was lazy and googled it. Same with fare viewer. So happy I got these but tried for the balcony suite for one of our party and was denied multiple times , no credit for them as they would have to downgrade their booking.

It's quicker if you call Carnival direct (assuming you booked thru them). Takes maybe 5 minutes and your email is there sometimes before you hang up.

Sending in the form someone has to see the email, then check the pricing, then email back. Way too many steps.

If you don't see a reply the next day, submit again. I had to submit one of my rooms several times until it was done. My first room was gone immediately for the 360 credit. The second one was 62 at first, then went to 130, so I submitted again and got 130.

Another note, when I submitted my room for price protection they changed my room to TBD. I just checked a week later and I now have room numbers. They are down the hall from each other too. Best thing for me is that I had an Ov room and an interior rom and the rate I price matched to was a guarantee room. We originally had main deck, now our cabins are riviera mid ship. Which is perfect for us.

If you have a PVP, contact them and it should go quicker.

If you don't have a PVP, reexamine your life choices. :)

Maybe I need to reexamine my PVP then as he hasn't returned my calls the last 3 times I've had price drops.😡😡

The toll free number and reps. worked just fine.😄😄