Espresso or Cappucino Free after dinner

csmrh

Thank you so much for the replies! We sailed a TA in 2009, but I never thought to request one. We are sailing the Sept. 21 New England/Canada. It will be nice to have an after dinner espresso or a Cappucino at breakfast.

Same applied on QV. It also applies to P&O, but again, you have to request one.

Thanks for the info. We will be on QE in a few months. It was the same on Princess until the introduction of the Specialty Coffee cards.

If you have a good waiter it just appears at the correct time after dinner starting on night two. I like my double expresso after dinner and I have never had a problem on QM2. After dinner it just appears because the waiter knows what I like. For me its all part of the great QM2 experience.:D No extra charge.

If you have a good waiter it just appears at the correct time after dinner starting on night two. I like my double expresso after dinner and I have never had a problem on QM2. After dinner it just appears because the waiter knows what I like. For me its all part of the great QM2 experience.:D No extra charge.

Yes I confirm this. On my last 3 week voyage, the waiter just turned up with my double espresso, without me having to ask, from night 2 onwards.

Yes I confirm this. On my last 3 week voyage, the waiter just turned up with my double espresso, without me having to ask, from night 2 onwards.

Is this the case on the Queen Elizabeth as well?

• 1 month later...

I've enjoyed espresso coffee after dinner on board; Queen Elizabeth 2, Caronia Restaurant. Queen Victoria, Britannia Restaurant. Queen Elizabeth, Britannia Restaurant. Queen Mary 2, Britannia Restaurant. Others at the table(s) have ordered various coffee & hot milk combinations and have never been charged, the stewards seemed pleased to help :) :) .

I hope this answers the question (it was excellent coffee in all cases :) :) ).

I've enjoyed espresso coffee after dinner on board; Queen Elizabeth 2, Caronia Restaurant. Queen Victoria, Britannia Restaurant. Queen Elizabeth, Britannia Restaurant. Queen Mary 2, Britannia Restaurant. Others at the table(s) have ordered various coffee & hot milk combinations and have never been charged, the stewards seemed pleased to help :) :) .

I hope this answers the question (it was excellent coffee in all cases :) :) ).

It sounds like even the regular coffee is good; which is not the case on Princess.

In Italy last week an Italian told me that capuccino should be drunk only until lunchtime and after lunch it should be espresso for the rest of the day!

Well, it's up to you, there's no rule to follow... I'm italian and have cappuccino any time of the day, :)

Thanks for the info. We will be on QE in a few months. It was the same on Princess until the introduction of the Specialty Coffee cards.

Hi Gail!!! We are on QE in a few months also.....what sailing are you on?

Good to see you are trying Cunard.

In Italy last week an Italian told me that capuccino should be drunk only until lunchtime and after lunch it should be espresso for the rest of the day!

My cousins in Italy also comment on Americans ordering a latte or capuccino after dinner. They say most Italians stop having coffee/hot milk drinks after mid-morning.

There is an italian restaurant here in Boston that refuses to serve lattes after noontime. He also won't serve spaghetti and meatballs anytime. Even has a note in the menu telling you it's not a real italian dish.

Hi Gail!!! We are on QE in a few months also.....what sailing are you on?

Good to see you are trying Cunard.

Hi Ginny,

We are on QE October 12..... Finally doing my Commodore cruise. When are you cruising?

Archived