Need help asap. Uber - volkswagen passat

compozer

Update:

Right after we landed, I decided to pull up the Uber app. I put in Embassy Suites and it said no cars were available. So figure we would just get a taxi but I tried again after we had our luggage and one was available. Went outside and there was another lady that said she was using Uber for her first time. They were 6 minutes away. The other lady called her car and she said she was suppose to meet at the commercial area. BUT, WHERE WAS IT??? No one seemed to know. I Called my car and he said the same thing. It was a little hard to understand him but he told me to walk toward terminal 3 - we were outside of 2. There is an area between the terminals Called the commercial area. There is even a drive-in area. WOW - learned something new.

He was a nice guy but as I said, a little hard to understand. He had the Embassy Suites on his phone GPS on a holder but he drove past it. I said "you just passed the driveway". Not sure what he said but he seemed to think it was behind it. He turned right but almost got stuck turning around in another parking lot. Then he was on the wrong side of the road. But we made it.

Next time I will keep track of the map and make sure I tell them where they need to stop. The charge was 15 something the other day but 2 dollars cheaper today.

Now the question is - should we try to use them from the cruise port to the airport when we return?

Thanks again for all the help.

WUV_Neal, I did not see any place to add the promo code you so generously offered me.

Edited by compozer

Now the question is - should we try to use them from the cruise port to the airport when we return?

WUV_Neal, I did not see any place to add the promo code you so generously offered me.

What I’ve found taking Uber from airports is that there are certain pickup spots where they may go. Those are airport rules. Anyplace else, they will pick you up at your location.

You should have no trouble getting picked up outside the cruise terminal.

Sorry you missed the promo code. If I recall, it gets entered in the same place as where you put your credit card. There should be a field there to enter a promo code. It may be too late to use it, wouldn’t hurt to try.

Neal

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We used Uber for the first time last month. We were at FLL and going to the Embassy Suites. Beforehand I had looked up the FLL airport and saw that it said to catch ride sharing in between terminals on the arrivals level (my home airport wants you to go back upstairs with your luggage to the departure level). Anyways... we walked to the correct location. I don't remember but I did use a first time user promo code that I found on the internet (or maybe Uber when I downloaded the app).

I was assigned a driver who was about 6 minutes or so away. He called me but as soon as he hung up the app found me another driver. Huh? I quickly cancelled that and waited for the first driver who did not show up. I then called another driver who picked us up and brought us to the hotel.

Haven't used it since as we took a disembarkation excursion which dropped us off at the airport.

That all sounds like way too much fooling around (and stress) compared to just booking a limo or taxi.

Whatever.

Uber is so much easier than anything else (for us) that there is no comparison.

Frankly, it sounds like you have never tried uber or lyft to be able to make a fair evaluation.

Uber also has XL vehicles in some markets. Larger and more luggage space.

However, I am finding that in many cases, taxis are cheaper than Uber or Lyft.

They are very convenient. Hit some buttons on your phone, car shows up, takes you where you asked to do, and payment is handled automatically. But it comes at a price.

Uber also has XL vehicles in some markets. Larger and more luggage space.

However, I am finding that in many cases, taxis are cheaper than Uber or Lyft.

They are very convenient. Hit some buttons on your phone, car shows up, takes you where you asked to do, and payment is handled automatically. But it comes at a price.

Uber is always cheaper than taxis here.

Uber is always cheaper than taxis here.

Where is here?

In Seattle last June, Uber and Lyft seemed to be consistantly $1 - $2 more.

In Singapore recently, Uber was over 7 for a ride that was under 5 for taxi.