Schipol Airport train to Amsterdam Central station

At the end of this month i will be arriving Schipol airport then taking the train to Central then walking to the cruise terminal Question A where do i purchase tickets for train B where do i board train C when going out of Central station what direction do i go for cruise terminal D walking to cruise terminal is possible all reply's welcome thank you Aussie

Amsterdam Central Station is shortened to Amsterdam C.S. on the station notice boards and on your journey make sure it is Central Station before you get out as there are a number of others such as Amsterdam Zuid or Amsterdam RAI.

Tickets are normally from the machines, you can't miss them.

Like most big cities there is always some level of bag snatching so keep you and your cases together.

Walking from Centraal Station to Passenger Terminal Amsterdam is possible, but it is about 20 minutes walking, 1.7 km. It is easier to take the number 26 tram. You will need Euros to buy a tram ticket on the tram.

I suggest looking at Google maps for directions.

Plenty of signage to the rail station at Schipol airport - it's a very large airport so your walk could be very short or seemingly-endless. Ticket machines (instructions in English), or if you have (my :D) phobia for machines there's a ticket booth right by the station.

(beware anyone offering you a cut-price ticket - "I no longer need my tickets" - they simply pick up used tickets from the floor :rolleyes:).

Very frequent double-deck trains to Centraal station. For the cruise terminal you turn left outside the main station entrance, though I've never been to the cruise terminal

JB :)

The train station is right at the airport under the large arrival hall with many shops. You will see it after picking up your luggage. Plenty of signs to show the way.

In case you want to walk take the northern exits at CS station (not those to center), make a right turn after that. Be aware of the many bikes!

In case you want to take tramnr. 26 you need the centre extis not those to the north.

I just got back from Amsterdam.

What you propose is very doable. There are some great videos on youtube that explain the step by step process for getting off the plane and buying your tickets to Centraal Station.

However,,, if you're doing anything more than carry on luggage,,,, I'd highly recommend just scheduleing a car to pick you up at the airport or grab a cab or call Uber. Will cost about 60 Euro

Schiphol to Amsterdam Central Station by train, is the most easy route to get into town or to the PTA (passengers terminal Amsterdam). The train station is below the arrival hall. Buy the ticket at the machine or ticket shop called "NS". It will take approximately a 15 min train ride. Walk to the PTA (20 min) (north side exit, turn right, the water is on your left en you can see yr ship already at a distance if its a big one) or take tram 26, only 1 stop, (take the City centre exit). Buy the tram ticket (3 euro, valid for 1,5 hour) in the tram or buy the ticket at GVB Tickets &info kiosk (https://en.gvb.nl/klantenservice/tickets-info-balie) if you dont have euros.