Are free drinks in sail-away cabins to Cuba?

tallyho8

Cuba cruises are advertised as all inclusive with free drinks. Then they offer promotions of free wifi, credit on shore excursions and meals and friends and family sail free. Then there is a disclaimer that the promotions are not available on the sail-away rates. But are the free drinks still available on the sail-away rates?

Cuba cruises are advertised as all inclusive with free drinks. Then they offer promotions of free wifi, credit on shore excursions and meals and friends and family sail free. Then there is a disclaimer that the promotions are not available on the sail-away rates. But are the free drinks still available on the sail-away rates?

Wow, they better be, I just booked one today! I asked repeatedly about that and got "yes" each time, but I do know to what you are referring.

Yes, drinks are included - no % fee charge and no need to show our card at the bar. It was great. The daily service charge is higher on these cruises though - starting at $18.99 if I recall correctly.

Thx!! I feel better about That, but not the gratuity thing. One thing I didn't see on the (drink) "menu" was bottled water (?). We usually sail Princess, and--with the drink package--we can get "free" water, which we can then take ashore. ???

I have NO Clue what we just got ourselves into--Norwegian is not our usual "go to" and going to Cuba looks tougher than I thought!!! TG I have a few months to figure this out!?! All comments, advice is appreciated and helpful!!

One thing I didn't see on the (drink) "menu" was bottled water (?). We usually sail Princess, and--with the drink package--we can get "free" water, which we can then take ashore.

You can get a glass of water at the buffet or a cup of water or soda water at the bars, but bottled water is not included. You have to buy bottled water to take ashore. We bought a water package of 6 large bottles that were delivered to our cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can get a glass of water at the buffet or a cup of water or soda water at the bars, but bottled water is not included. You have to buy bottled water to take ashore. We bought a water package of 6 large bottles that were delivered to our cabin.

Thx@herdingdogmom! I always bring my own water bottle for flying (fill after TSA), so I will just fill my own, since Norwegian doesn't provide such things (I'm too cheap to pay for water:p), and I would not think of drinking the water in Cuba (is that where you're going?), and I'm guessing it'll be like 100F degrees when we go in August.

Thx@herdingdogmom! I always bring my own water bottle for flying (fill after TSA), so I will just fill my own, since Norwegian doesn't provide such things (I'm too cheap to pay for water:p), and I would not think of drinking the water in Cuba (is that where you're going?), and I'm guessing it'll be like 100F degrees when we go in August.

Yes, we went to Cuba last August and it was very hot. A bottle with water was a must.

Please, please! Tell me more about your trip to Cuba, and what to expect/do/know!! Thx for any info!!!

Check out the Cuba ports of call board. It has tons of current info.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1009

Reviews from last fall/winter after the OFAC rules changed regarding excursions will also provide great info. Have a wonderful cruise. We loved experiencing Havana.

You can bring an empty water bottle and have dining room fill it with ice water for your day out. That's what I did when I visited Cuba last May. It stayed cold almost all day. I used a carabiner to hang it from my purse.

bottled water is not included in drink package. neither are energy drinks or coffees from coffee shop.

There is no "drink package". The whole ship, for all passengers, is open bar. And the prices for not-included items like bottled water and energy drinks are shown on the menus above.