Breakfast and lunch on the Veendam

I was reading an article that stated on a Canadian cruise breakfast and lunch was only served in the lido is that right?

I enjoy having breakfast and lunch in the dining room I am not fond of eating at the lido I prefer to sit down in the restaurant. Can anyone confirm if this is true?

I know breakfast is available in the MDR. It is closed on port days for lunch, I suggest going to Pinnacle Grill, they offer a lovely lunch. If you are on a ship that has Tamarind try them out.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

I know breakfast is available in the MDR. It is closed on port days for lunch, I suggest going to Pinnacle Grill, they offer a lovely lunch. If you are on a ship that has Tamarind try them out.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Veendam doesn't have Tamarind.

All HAL ships serve breakfast and lunch in the Lido, no matter where they are sailing. On sea days, breakfast and lunch are typically also served in the MDR, with rare exceptions, no matter where the ship is sailing.

Breakfast on port days in the MDR is common, lunch on port days in the MDR is rare. Pinnacle for lunch is a good idea, although it is not open every day for lunch. Special events are frequently held at lunch in the Pinnacle.

I was reading an article that stated on a Canadian cruise breakfast and lunch was only served in the lido is that right?

I enjoy having breakfast and lunch in the dining room I am not fond of eating at the lido I prefer to sit down in the restaurant. Can anyone confirm if this is true?

I'm almost certain that they have chairs for sitting in the Lido.

I was reading an article that stated on a Canadian cruise breakfast and lunch was only served in the lido is that right? ... Can anyone confirm if this is true?

We were on Veendam in June of this year and had breakfast every morning in the MDR, which was also open for lunch on our one Sea Day. Just out of curiosity, I'd be interested to know where you read that "on a Canadian cruise breakfast and lunch was only served in the lido". Please share that info.

Smooth sailing ...

Breakfast in the dining room:

port days: 7:30 - 9 AM

sea days: 8 - 9:30 AM.

If you are staying in a Neptune Suite or a Pinnacle Suite, you can have breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill. Times as the same as the main dining room.

The last couple of cruises that we were on -- different ships -- the dining room was rarely open for lunch.

Break fast in Lido, MDR, Pinnacle ( for eleigible le guests evey monrning includingv lastg monring on the Camnada/NE cruises. Also R Room Servic e.

Breakfast in the dining room is MUCH nicer than in the buffet....I prefer to have someone serve my food, rather than me standing in line to fix my own plate and searching for jelly or syrup while my food gets cold!

Breakfast will be served every day in the DR...Lunch only on sea days.

Lunch being served only on sea days is the inherent problem on HAL. With a 7-day Canada / NE cruise, for instance, at least 5 times are port days. Of the two remaining sea days, one day the MDR is usually closed for the Mariner lunch. That leaves only 1 day open for lunch. I can understand how this would be unacceptable for those who prefer to have lunch in the MDR.