Iceland - questions answered

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Northern Europe & Baltic Sea
Aarhus, Bergen, Copenhagen, Gdansk, Greenland, Helsinki, Oslo, Reykjavik, Riga, St. Petersburg, Stockholm, Tallinn
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:28 AM.
Southern California by way of Kentucky
22,098 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Originally posted by Travelfamily1028
Looking for advice on a tour option to do the golden circle and south coast in one long day. Any recommendations? Can either be private group of 4 or 8.
I posted above that we used "Your Day Tours" not long ago...it worked out great for us.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
May 2018 Celebrity Eclipse: October 2017 RCI Anthem: March 2017 RCI Harmony: May 2016 RCI Adventure B2B: September 2015 RCI Radiance: March 2015 RCI Mariner: Oct 2014 RCI Jewel: May 2014 RCI Radiance: Oct 2013 RCI Oasis: May 2013 RCI Radiance: Feb 2012 PCL Sapphire: Aug 2011 RCI Liberty: Mar 2011 RCI Liberty: Aug 2010 RCI Jewel: Mar 2010 RCI Independance: May 2009 RCI Radiance: Jan 2009 RCI Independance: Oct 2007 RCI Vision: Oct 2006 RCI Vision: Oct 2005 RCI Vision: Oct 2004 RCI Vision: Aug 1997 RCI Viking Serenade: July 1995 RCI Viking Serenade: July 1994 RCI Viking Serenade: July 1985 Azure: June 1984 Azure:
10,698 Posts
Joined May 2009
Looking for advice on a tour option to do the golden circle and south coast in one long day. Any recommendations? Can either be private group of 4 or 8.
We just spent two days In Reykjavik (on a ship), and did the South Coast tour the first day, and the Golden Circle on the second (today). The South Coast tour alone is ten hours; I would not recommend combining these tours.

We did the South Coast tour with GeoIceland, and they were absolutely fabulous. The guide was one of the best we’ve ever had. And the South Coast is amazing. The Golden Circle cannot hold a candle to it.

At any rate, I highly recommend GeoIceland. Perhaps they can work out some combination for you, but I would not shortchange the South Coast.
Southern California by way of Kentucky
22,098 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Thanks. I have emailed them.
You're very welcome....Enjoy whatever works out best for you...It's an amazing Country one we never imagined visiting.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
May 2018 Celebrity Eclipse: October 2017 RCI Anthem: March 2017 RCI Harmony: May 2016 RCI Adventure B2B: September 2015 RCI Radiance: March 2015 RCI Mariner: Oct 2014 RCI Jewel: May 2014 RCI Radiance: Oct 2013 RCI Oasis: May 2013 RCI Radiance: Feb 2012 PCL Sapphire: Aug 2011 RCI Liberty: Mar 2011 RCI Liberty: Aug 2010 RCI Jewel: Mar 2010 RCI Independance: May 2009 RCI Radiance: Jan 2009 RCI Independance: Oct 2007 RCI Vision: Oct 2006 RCI Vision: Oct 2005 RCI Vision: Oct 2004 RCI Vision: Aug 1997 RCI Viking Serenade: July 1995 RCI Viking Serenade: July 1994 RCI Viking Serenade: July 1985 Azure: June 1984 Azure:
41 Posts
Joined Sep 2005
I'm looking for car rental companies that rent cars at the port. It looks like Europcar does. Are there any others? Thanks in advance!
Desert Southwest
992 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
Hullo,
We will be visiting on the Jade on October 3/4 and want to visit Hallgrimskirkja. It's a bit to far for my 70 something mother to walk. When the ships are in town, are there any kind of shuttles or transport from Skarfabakki Harbour to the town center? Or are taxi's easy to get from the pier?

Thank you for sharing your expertise

Tutu
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming::
29 Sep 2018 / NCL Jade Norway/Path of the Vikings 16 nights
17 Mar 2019 / Ruby Princess California Coastal 7 nights

Sailed:
yep, on a few.
NCL
Princess
Celebrity
Carnival
Disney Wonder
RCI
10,698 Posts
Joined May 2009
Originally posted by tutuwahineLV
Hullo,
We will be visiting on the Jade on October 3/4 and want to visit Hallgrimskirkja. It's a bit to far for my 70 something mother to walk. When the ships are in town, are there any kind of shuttles or transport from Skarfabakki Harbour to the town center? Or are taxi's easy to get from the pier?

Tutu
We were just docked in Reykjavik for two days. There was a shuttle bus from the cruise terminal into the center of the city itself with a specific drop off point; tickets were sold at the terminal. (I can’t speak to this personally, as we were off on excursions.) I have two friends who took a cab into town to have dinner, and I suspect it was not a big deal to get one.

I hope that’s helpful. Enjoy your trip!
Portland, Oregon
340 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
We spent ten days in Iceland without getting currency. You don’t need it - unless you want some for fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Emily, usually traveling with my 2 sons and/or my husband and/or my mother (twitter @emilyvkarr)

Cruises in the 1970s, 2 on Costa (in the Caribbean) and 2 on Sitmar (in the Caribbean and Mexican Riviera)
1982 Silja Line Stockholm to Helsinki
Two cruises in the early 2000s on Disney in the Caribbean
Alaska cruise on Holland America Zuiderdam June 2012
11 day Panama Canal Zuiderdam March 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
88 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
Aloha from Oahu (Ko Olina) Tutuwahine!

Your name implies that you live in Hawaii. Might we be neighbors? We live in Ko Olina (Kapolei) on Oahu.

Originally posted by tutuwahineLV
Hullo,

Tutu