First Ever RC Cruise! Help A First Timer

So I've been on many cruises before with other cruise lines but this is going to be my first ever RC cruise like the title entails. My sailing date is a 7 Night Western Caribbean on the Harmony Of The Seas - 12/02/18.

PSA: Please correct me if I'm wrong anywhere.

As of now I did My Time Dining since from what I read you can go anytime between 5:00/5:30pm-9:00pm. I know its something you can have the same time each night but if for whatever reason you cant make that time, you can show up any time they're serving dinner? At the moment I'm only cruising with my girlfriend unless others come, but we'll probably not want to be seated with random people. Would we be able to sit alone? Is MTD the way to go? Pros & cons?

Another thing I heard from veteran RC cruisers, you have to/should reserve all the shows ahead of time? Well at least the shows you'd like to see. Do shows get booked up that much to where you wouldn't be able to see the show(s)? At the moment, I checked the RC site and there's no shows on there yet, just activities.

Any other tips & tricks I should know before I board? For anyone thats been on Harmony Of The Seas already, are there any paid dining thats truly worth doing? My gf & I will be celebrating two years on our sailing date so I'd love to something special for her. In that regards, other than having things bought like amenitites prior to boarding that can get setup in the room, anything else I can do to make it special?

So any kind of feedback about Harmony Of The Seas that would be great to know for a RC first timer, or anything RC related would be much appreciated!

Thank You!

You can show up to MTD anytime and sit alone if you wish.

If you don't have show reservations, you can get in a standby line which they will let into the venue about 10 minutes before the show starts. The only show you might have a problem attending this way is the comedy show which is a smaller venue.

You can show up to MTD anytime and sit alone if you wish.

If you don't have show reservations, you can get in a standby line which they will let into the venue about 10 minutes before the show starts. The only show you might have a problem attending this way is the comedy show which is a smaller venue.

Okay, good to know! Thank you

So I've been on many cruises before with other cruise lines but this is going to be my first ever RC cruise like the title entails. My sailing date is a 7 Night Western Caribbean on the Harmony Of The Seas - 12/02/18.

PSA: Please correct me if I'm wrong anywhere.

As of now I did My Time Dining since from what I read you can go anytime between 5:00/5:30pm-9:00pm. I know its something you can have the same time each night but if for whatever reason you cant make that time, you can show up any time they're serving dinner? At the moment I'm only cruising with my girlfriend unless others come, but we'll probably not want to be seated with random people. Would we be able to sit alone? Is MTD the way to go? Pros & cons?

Another thing I heard from veteran RC cruisers, you have to/should reserve all the shows ahead of time? Well at least the shows you'd like to see. Do shows get booked up that much to where you wouldn't be able to see the show(s)? At the moment, I checked the RC site and there's no shows on there yet, just activities.

Any other tips & tricks I should know before I board? For anyone thats been on Harmony Of The Seas already, are there any paid dining thats truly worth doing? My gf & I will be celebrating two years on our sailing date so I'd love to something special for her. In that regards, other than having things bought like amenitites prior to boarding that can get setup in the room, anything else I can do to make it special?

So any kind of feedback about Harmony Of The Seas that would be great to know for a RC first timer, or anything RC related would be much appreciated!

Thank You!

I applaud your optimism, seeing that this cruise is a year away. :D :D :D

Keep checking your cruise for show postings. They will come out as the cruise approaches. We did Oasis and the show times were published around 90 days prior, but check early. I reserve all the shows as that way I can ensure I get in early enough to get seats I want. If you choose not to go, no big deal, and you can standby for any show whether or not you have it reserved at another time.

If you are considering the Drink Package, watch for specials on your cruise planner. They've been offering deals on many cruises. Remember, if you order them, they can always be cancelled and re-purchased if the price drops.

As you read reviews on Harmony, you'll pick up most of the info you need.

I was on Harmony last December (2016), things change and it's been a year - so take my responses with that grain of salt.

MTD: Yes, you can request a table for just 2 when you do MTD - keep in mind you may need to wait for a table to open up if you do the "walk up" MTD vs making reservations each evening. You can request that with a fixed dining time too. You MAY need to go see the dining room staff when you board to make that happen if you have a fixed dining time and there are no guarantees if they're full up.

I personally don't like MTD. I enjoy having the same wait staff and table mates (irrelevant for you) each night.

Shows: On Harmony last year they didn't allow us to book all shows ahead of time. For me this was a nightmare as I am a plan ahead type of person. Plus then we had to go stand in line to make reservations - which I loathe wasting time doing when I could be enjoying so much more onboard. You should be able to get in without reservations - but you'll wait in line and will need to take the seats that are still open (people with reservations get to go in earlier).

Other Tips/Tricks: Personally I love Wonderland, but some people think it's tacky. It's all up to you on what types of things you enjoy. My mouth is watering just thinking about their deviled eggs. I'm very picky about my Mexican food (I don't love it all), but I have to say - we had a meal at Sabor (free thanks to having a neighborhood balcony room - not sure if that is still given) and it was AMAZING. We left completely stuffed.

Harmony doesn't have the ability to view the water show from high up on a public balcony like Allure does. But if you know someone in a boardwalk balcony it is fun to see the show down in the audience and then again from up high - very different perspective and neat to see the divers and team underwater and see the lights and everything they use behind the scenes for timing etc.

Judy

Keep checking your cruise for show postings. They will come out as the cruise approaches. We did Oasis and the show times were published around 90 days prior, but check early. I reserve all the shows as that way I can ensure I get in early enough to get seats I want. If you choose not to go, no big deal, and you can standby for any show whether or not you have it reserved at another time.

If you are considering the Drink Package, watch for specials on your cruise planner. They've been offering deals on many cruises. Remember, if you order them, they can always be cancelled and re-purchased if the price drops.

As you read reviews on Harmony, you'll pick up most of the info you need.

Thank you! Yes I’ve been looking everyday just in case they post for the shows. I️ thought about the drink package but I️ don’t think I’ll be doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on Harmony last December (2016), things change and it's been a year - so take my responses with that grain of salt.

MTD: Yes, you can request a table for just 2 when you do MTD - keep in mind you may need to wait for a table to open up if you do the "walk up" MTD vs making reservations each evening. You can request that with a fixed dining time too. You MAY need to go see the dining room staff when you board to make that happen if you have a fixed dining time and there are no guarantees if they're full up.

I personally don't like MTD. I enjoy having the same wait staff and table mates (irrelevant for you) each night.

Shows: On Harmony last year they didn't allow us to book all shows ahead of time. For me this was a nightmare as I am a plan ahead type of person. Plus then we had to go stand in line to make reservations - which I loathe wasting time doing when I could be enjoying so much more onboard. You should be able to get in without reservations - but you'll wait in line and will need to take the seats that are still open (people with reservations get to go in earlier).

Other Tips/Tricks: Personally I love Wonderland, but some people think it's tacky. It's all up to you on what types of things you enjoy. My mouth is watering just thinking about their deviled eggs. I'm very picky about my Mexican food (I don't love it all), but I have to say - we had a meal at Sabor (free thanks to having a neighborhood balcony room - not sure if that is still given) and it was AMAZING. We left completely stuffed.

Harmony doesn't have the ability to view the water show from high up on a public balcony like Allure does. But if you know someone in a boardwalk balcony it is fun to see the show down in the audience and then again from up high - very different perspective and neat to see the divers and team underwater and see the lights and everything they use behind the scenes for timing etc.

Judy

Thank you for the dining tips. Good to know! As far as the shows and you not being able to reserve them, you think it’s because maybe you booked your cruise too late or maybe it was too close to boarding or was that not even an option on the cruise planner online?

Haha thank you! I’ve been talking to some people about RC. I’m excited!

The show in the aquatheater and the comedy shows are the hardest to get into without a prior reservation. (This is true of the similar Oasis and Allure ships which are the same class. I've not been on Harmony and think I remember it might be a little different. Definitely join your roll call.

The show in the aquatheater and the comedy shows are the hardest to get into without a prior reservation. (This is true of the similar Oasis and Allure ships which are the same class. I've not been on Harmony and think I remember it might be a little different. Definitely join your roll call.

Okay, good to know! [emoji1303]