Single digits!! But rough week...

JMKreno

Finally down into the single digits for the Vista on Nov 5 out of NYC!!! Started at almost 700 days (booked first day reservations were available). Been a loooong 2 years... A long 3 years since our last cruise. Got a new house, new job, new baby in that time... And sadly my excitement has somewhat been dampened by being laid off on Tuesday as my position was eliminated. Offered a fair severance and paid insurance through end of the year, but still frustrating and means I need to now keep Internet active to check for emails from jobs I applied to.

It is what is is, but at least I get a break between jobs... Silver lining!!!

I do plan on taking hundreds/thousands of pictures and a few videos. I will also be getting a review posted as soon as I get back (I might have a little free time as we get back over Thanksgiving week). I will try to get a lot of the photos in the family harbor area as we are staying in a FH cove but also pictures showing crowding/deck usage.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Edited by JMKreno

So sorry to hear about your job. My husband got laid off a number of years ago too, from a place he worked at for 13 years. But, in hindsight it was the best thing that could have happened to him. He literally makes twice as much now as he did at his old job. I'm sure things will work out for you too. Everything happens for a reason. I sincerely believe that. Good luck, and have a wonderful cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

sorry for your job loss.

I was bully out of a job. Too long to explained. But when my boss ask me so what are you going to do now???

I looked at her and said "My husband is taking me on a cruise." She said well after the "cruise.." her supposed to be a "pastor" mean as the devil

I looked her in the eyes and stated "when god closes one door... he opens many windows. (by the way my new house has 21 windows) ... smiled blew her a kiss and left with my head high..

But what I am trying to tell you yes.. when one door shuts many windows will open up for you.

Enjoy your cruise... no worries about going back to work and trying to catch up.

May you have blue skies and calm seas on your well deserve cruise.

Finally down into the single digits for the Vista on Nov 5 out of NYC!!! Started at almost 700 days (booked first day reservations were available). Been a loooong 2 years... A long 3 years since our last cruise. Got a new house, new job, new baby in that time... And sadly my excitement has somewhat been dampened by being laid off on Tuesday as my position was eliminated. Offered a fair severance and paid insurance through end of the year, but still frustrating and means I need to now keep Internet active to check for emails from jobs I applied to.

I do plan on taking hundreds/thousands of pictures and a few videos. I will also be getting a review posted as soon as I get back (I might have a little free time as we get back over Thanksgiving week). I will try to get a lot of the photos in the family harbor area as we are staying in a FH cove but also pictures showing crowding/deck usage.

Enjoy your cruise.

Sorry to hear about the job, but at least you'll have a cruise to help forget about the daily grind for a while.

Around midnight the night before we were to drive down to Fla. in my car for our Oct 9th cruise on Conquest, I got rear-ended by a DUI driver and my car was wrecked, and I was hurt a little. :eek:

I called and set up the insurance claim, told them I'd be out of the country for a while and to email me (instead of calling by phone), and we drove down for the cruise into Hurricane Matthew in my friends' high-profile 2003 Chevy van.

The adventure started well before we boarded the ship...but the cruise was great.

OP- you are turning lemons into lemonade! I am sorry about the job and the added stress. But please do go on the cruise and make the most of every moment! We just had some crummy stuff happen and I cancelled a cruise (and a free one at that) to deal with life. Suffice it to say that I now wish I had gone on the cruise. Have fun! Sending you the best of wishes on the job front too!

Now is the time to start your own business , never be laid off again, take that first step.