Hobby Airport Hotel Suggestions?

LHARTWICK

A few years ago we stayed at Marriott S. 9100 Gulf Freeway. Free airport p/u. You can eat in hotel if you don't have a car. All around Hobby areas are a little 'sketchy". Then you have the problem of getting to the port. Contact the hotel, they might have suggestions. Also Galveston.com is full of info.

I suggest Drury Inn & Suites at Hobby for an over night stay. Last year, we arrived from Vegas about 4 p.m., called Drury and the shuttle came and picked us up. We got checked in and settled just in time for the evening reception to start(5:30 p.m.) Each guest gets three tickets for adult drinks, they have a soda machine that is no cost from 3-10 p.m., popcorn from 3-10 p.m. and a nice buffet. All of this included in the room rate. The buffet changes each night and the night we were there it had pasta & meatballs, items to make a nice salad, hot dogs, chili, baked potatoes and a few more things. It ends at 7:30 p.m. The next morning, breakfast buffet is included with all kinds of things to pick from. That morning, the shuttle took us back to the airport and we hopped on the cruise line shuttle to the port. There is absolutely no where to walk to except a few other hotels that are adjacent(remember we didn't have a car. There is a fast food Mexican restaurant across the street and we walked over there for a little dessert. We are cruising in January 2017 and I have already booked a room at Drury.

Can anyone suggest good hotels near Hobby Airport? Looks like there are several to choose from with good reviews. Are there restaurants nearby? Is the area safe? Thanks in advance.

WE stayed at Doubletree earlier this year and also last year, nice hotel with restaurant and pool also bar/lounge 5 mins or less from airport for a little over 100 a night, I think they also have a free shuttle , loads of airline people stay here, most likely will book again next year

We stayed at the Hobby La Quinta last time and are staying at Drury this year. We used taxis to go to dinner and buy wine. Taxis were slow (30 minute wait) but had the same taxi all night. We are renting a car this time. Found a Thai place that was nice but nothing really close.

Wow - Drury sounds great! I've made a reservation at the Comfort Suites, but I may change. Thank you!

If you decide to book the Drury Inn there is a promotion code you can use. It is "FUN". This may give a lower rate. Most times it gives us the best rate that be cancelled without penalty up until 6pm on the day of arrival. Sometimes the AAA or Senior rates is lower, but not very often. We have stayed here 3 times when going our of Galveston.

• 2 weeks later...
We stayed at the Hobby La Quinta last time and are staying at Drury this year. We used taxis to go to dinner and buy wine. Taxis were slow (30 minute wait) but had the same taxi all night. We are renting a car this time. Found a Thai place that was nice but nothing really close.

Hi! Can you share your experience with La Quinta? We are staying there pre-cruise later this month. Thanks!!

Hi! Can you share your experience with La Quinta? We are staying there pre-cruise later this month. Thanks!!

The Hobby La Quinta was fine for the night. I remember it being clean and with an adequate breakfast in the morning. Used their shuttle to and from the airport without issue. It was quiet despite being close to the airport. Getting a taxi was a bit of a wait.

The Hobby La Quinta was fine for the night. I remember it being clean and with an adequate breakfast in the morning. Used their shuttle to and from the airport without issue. It was quiet despite being close to the airport. Getting a taxi was a bit of a wait.

Thank you! We booked a package that includes transportation to and from the cruise port. I'm nervous because I don't see it mentioned much on this board. My fingers are crossed that it runs smoothly. Thanks again!

Thank you! We booked a package that includes transportation to and from the cruise port. I'm nervous because I don't see it mentioned much on this board. My fingers are crossed that it runs smoothly. Thanks again!

We originally looked at LQ based on their transportation option. Royal transfers were cheaper so we used them instead. LQ only has one van so be sure not to miss it on either end.